Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING COIFED BY TEDDY AT ELEVEN  (Read 17252 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: GETTING COIFED BY TEDDY AT ELEVEN
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »

What a relief, DR TCB!

I remember when I was in Tennessee a couple of years ago I walked to an ATM and the guy who was using it before me got his card snatched up by the machine...he had put it in the wrong slot (why there was a wrong slot, I don't know).

After that I chose not to use the machine. Had I lost my card I would have been stranded in DELIVERANCE with no money.

Sounds like the fulfillment of a lot of your fantasies!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »

Cranberries!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:05 PM »

Danise you can copy an image from facebook.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »

They look soooo cute.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »

LOL. I was just about to post Sheena and Toby but you beat me to it, DR Jane

Danise

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »

Thank you Jane.  How did you do that?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »

Danise, it is really good to see you here. Even after you get busy you must stop by

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »

I have had a number of interesting people contact me through the years to sell me various Farmer goodies.  I got Frances' passport that way,

That's why she never travels abroad any more.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »

DR Danise - Sheena and Toby look pretty relaxed, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2010, 05:45:10 PM »

Thank you Cilla, I will really try.  I think I've been worn out.  I didn't take a vacation all this year.  I need to make more time for myself but like I explained, it's really intense at work right now. 

I've been scared to take time off because of all of the cuts.  If you take a week or so off and they find they can get along without you.....

I only took this week off because the new boss is out having surgery and at least 2 others took this time off as well. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »

Sometimes when it's stressful, I find stopping here to chat a little can help me cheer up

Danise

« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »

I think they like having "mommy" home with them.

They run around all day and are pretty pooped come nightfall.

That Toby is really something.   They know him at work as Toby the Terrible because he takes everything and puts it in the back yard.  Sometime he destroys it and sometimes not but I can't begin to tell you the list of things I've had to replace--including the mask for my sleep apnea machine. 

Imagine the phone call I had to make to medical supply company--I need new mask ASAP because my dog ate the one I have!

I have since learned to hang it on the lamp beside the bed and to shut my door (doesn't always work--he opens it somehow sometimes) to protect things there.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »

Oh and my brand new glasses.  I wear them when I'm trying to watch TV in bed so I can give my eyes a rest from the contacts.  i fell asleep with them  on  a few days after I got them and to my horror when I woke up, I couldn't find them in the bed.  Then I found them on the couch all chewed up.

Toby the Terrible must have taken them off of my face and had his way with them!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »

What a relief, DR TCB!

I remember when I was in Tennessee a couple of years ago I walked to an ATM and the guy who was using it before me got his card snatched up by the machine...he had put it in the wrong slot (why there was a wrong slot, I don't know).

After that I chose not to use the machine. Had I lost my card I would have been stranded in DELIVERANCE with no money.

I am sure that everyone is expecting me to make some comment reagarding squealing like a pig.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »

Thank you Jane.  How did you do that?

I right clicked on the fb photo and then clicked on "copy image location".  I then clicked on the 2nd from the left, bottom row, icon above and placed the image location inside of it.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2010, 06:00:29 PM »

I think they like having "mommy" home with them.

They run around all day and are pretty pooped come nightfall.

That Toby is really something.   They know him at work as Toby the Terrible because he takes everything and puts it in the back yard.  Sometime he destroys it and sometimes not but I can't begin to tell you the list of things I've had to replace--including the mask for my sleep apnea machine. 

Imagine the phone call I had to make to medical supply company--I need new mask ASAP because my dog ate the one I have!

I somehow expect they have heard that one before.  Do you have a drawer you can keep it in?  I hope Toby doesn't try to take it off your face. 

FJL

« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »

And as DR FJL pointed out on All That Chat, Rob Ashford has succeeded in creating the most condescendingly gay  choreography since The French Mistake in BLAZING SADDLES.

Dan (the Man) -  Below is the post on All That Chat.  I'm flip-flopping back and forth on it.  I'm thinking right now that it might be correct for what people who didn't know Jerry Herman's work was all about.  But I also wonder if this was edited down from something much longer. 

It's John_Patti who said the Mel Brooks thing:

----------------
Kennedy Honors /Jerry Herman Segment / Choreographer?
Posted by:   John_Patti 05:55 pm EST 12/29/10
Who choreographed the Jerry Herman segment of last night's televised Kennedy Center Honors? We were hysterical watching it, something right out of a Mel Brooks spoof. Could the pace have been any faster, moves any more manic and winks to the audience any more embarrassing? The material deserved a much more traditional presentation than the freight train which roared through the tribute. The guys were cute but I felt bad for them.
------------------

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »

In the background Bryan & Kate.  Bryan forgot Kate had stuck a little hair clip in his hair.

That's okay, Jane, you don't have to explain anything to us.  We are all quite liberal here.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »

The choreography was typical Ashford - terrible.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

In the background Bryan & Kate.  Bryan forgot Kate had stuck a little hair clip in his hair.

That's okay, Jane, you don't have to explain anything to us.  We are all quite liberal here.

;D  The location of the clip is a bit silly.

Danise

« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »

I didn't you all about poor Bonny (my car).  The Tuesday before Christmas I had to stop off at the local CVS to pick up a perscription.  I realized I had forgotten to get some ketchup so I thought I would go into SweetBay (grocery store) to get some.

Next thing I know they are paging someone driving a 4 door Ford SUV to come to the front desk.  I though I had forgotten to put her in park or something like that.   It was a lady with a bunch of kids who was nice enough to admit that she had swung into the parking space next to me and didn't notice that there was a shopping cart there. 

Her truck hit the cart and rammed it into Bonnys rear passenger door. 

She gave me her insurance info and long story short--she did $1,200 worth of damage.  They can't even save the door--I'll have to have a new one. 

I'll take Bonny in on Monday to the repair shop.  With the Holidays, they couldn't get the parts right away. 

I felt really bad for the lady.  She had about 4 kids with her and she said her husband has cancer and had kemo (spelling?) that morning.  He was so sick she was trying to just get him something to settle his stomach. 

I totally understood how she could have had that happen.  I wish I could have let her go but I don't have the money (even with insurance) to fix that big of a problem.  If it had just been a scratch, I would have.

BTW, not to brag but after 5 years, Bonny still only has 27,000 miles on her.  When I take her places to be worked on, no one can believe it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »

Oh, Danise, I'm sorry to hear about Bonny.  I was wondering about her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »

Nice clip. ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

You are very fortunate the woman didn't drive off.  Vibes to her and her family!!!!

Laura

« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2010, 06:16:51 PM »

I remember when you bought Bonny. So sorry about the damage.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

Nice clip. ;)

Kate has a family tradition of Christmas poppers, the ones that come with paper crowns & prizes inside the poppers.  I almost forgot to get them this year.  The clip was the best of the prizes. 

Danise

« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

Thanks, DR Ginny.  It really is quite a big dent.  The repair shop guy said that when he read the report, he thought it was a minor scratch.  When he saw the door he knew the roll bar was bent in so far that if they pulled it back out, it might not be safe. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »

Well, only one more day till the weekend, so....................

G'night!

I think I will try dropping in here tomorrow!   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »

Got a call from the mail place - apparently soon after I left five boxes arrived - four of them are my books - I had none of the current one, and no Rewind or Murder at the Grove - that situation has been rectified.

Danise

« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »

You are very fortunate the woman didn't drive off.  Vibes to her and her family!!!!
  It was VERY nice of her not to drive off.  Given her circumstances I couldn't have found in my heart to really blame her. 

I did ask the insurance company if she was going have to pay anything out of pocket.  I was worried that the kids might not get Christmas gifts.  I would assume it was their Dad that was sick and Lord knows having gone though the same thing with my Father, I know that money would be very tight.

I don't know what it will do to her  renewal rate but at least I was assured that she wouldn't have to pay a dime.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up