Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR IN REVIEW  (Read 17834 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE YEAR IN REVIEW
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

Sad story DR DANISE......but you helped!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »

Sad story Danise.  I wonder if the turtle made it

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »

I think my turkey may be roasted....need to go check!

Danise

« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »

When Echo was a puppy chips were fairly new and Keith was concerned it would be harmful.  To my regret she never had one.  Sherlock was chipped during one of his early vet visits. 
  i remember reading something about them moving  just after I had it done to Bear.  Not knowing what they meant by it "moving " I had a fear it would move into his  heart.  Then I found out that it just went under the skin.  Every dog I've had has had a chip since Bear.  Well, Brandi, Sheena and Toby. 

Sheena was watching TV on the love seat while I cooking my dinner.   She must not have liked what she was watching because I heard the channel change.   When I came back into the living room she had the remote between her paws.  I wish I had my camera ready to take that photo--that was cute.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »

I hope they could help it.   It makes me so mad when someone goes out of their way to hurt something.  He/She was almost to the side of the road. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »

The University of Washington Huskies are going to be playing in the Holiday Bowl coming up in the next couple of hours.  Unfortunately , they are playing Nebraska; so they are probably as close to winning the game right at this moment as they will be all evening.

In the meantime, I am watching the Music City Bowl.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »

I didn't get to tell you all about the poor turtle I found a few months back.

I was driving home and saw what I thought was gopher turtle (endangered species) trying to cross the road.  I turned the car around to go back to get him/her.  I was going to take it to a local park where it would be safe.  In just that little bit of time someone hit him/her.  It crushed the whole back side of the shell but it was alive and in pain.

I rushed him/her to a local emergency animal clinic and even the gal at the front desk said there aren't to many of them left in these parts.  They were very happy that I at least brought him/her in so they could try to help it. 

I called the next day to check on him/her but they wouldn't tell me anything.   At least  I know if they couldn't help he/she didn't suffer. 

I think that is strange that they wouldn't tell you anything.  I don't believe that the HIPAA Laws apply to turtles
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:24:41 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »

I had never heard of Gaylord Hotels before, but they are apparently sponsoring the Music City Bowl.  Before this game is over, I may have memorized their commercials
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 05:23:56 PM »

Callie has a funny bump on her lip that I think has grown a little.  She doesn't seem to mind it a bit.  I set a vet appointment for her on Monday.  Boo is going along to get a microchip.  Then all the cats will be chipped.  I will feel much better about that

Vibes for Callie & excellent idea for Boo.
  I agree.   You know, DR Jane, I never gave the chip a thought when Ann posted about that dog on Facebook--yet I've taken a couple of dogs to my local vet to be checked for one.   Most, sadly don't have one.

Worst are people who have lost their pets and apparently no one found the pet and checked for a chip.

I heard a story of a cat that was at our locak animal control.  It was going to be put down and was on the table when they finally checked for a chip and found one
That is scary.  It is supposed to be the first thing they check when an animal is picked up.

Jane

« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »

When Echo was a puppy chips were fairly new and Keith was concerned it would be harmful.  To my regret she never had one.  Sherlock was chipped during one of his early vet visits. 
  i remember reading something about them moving  just after I had it done to Bear.  Not knowing what they meant by it "moving " I had a fear it would move into his  heart.  Then I found out that it just went under the skin.  Every dog I've had has had a chip since Bear.  Well, Brandi, Sheena and Toby. 

Sheena was watching TV on the love seat while I cooking my dinner.   She must not have liked what she was watching because I heard the channel change.   When I came back into the living room she had the remote between her paws.  I wish I had my camera ready to take that photo--that was cute.

During the first year after the chip was placed we had the vet check to see if it had moved.  I keep meaning to have her check again.  I think if it is going to move it happens early on.

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

I am surrounded by Nebraska Husker fans....I personally have never really liked them.  I'll cheer for the Huskies!

Jane

« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »

The tofu we loved has been discontinued and we can't find a replacement brand we like.  For people who eat tofu as much as we do this is very sad.  Tofu is so healthy I should be eating more of it.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »

I am surrounded by Nebraska Husker fans....I personally have never really liked them.  I'll cheer for the Huskies!

Is it the fans you don't like or the team?

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »

I hope Ricky's moves a little bit. It wasn't in a good spot on his shoulder blade. I haven't felt it lately, but he's gained a lot of weight. He's growing not getting fat. So that may be part of it. The cat eats everything in sight

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »

Is it the fans you don't like or the team?

It's always been the fans.  Don't even get me started

Jane

« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »

As far as the TOD - I've only seen a couple movies this year.  I'd say Jeff Bridges did a fabulous job in True Grit.  I really loved that movie. Better than anything I've seen in a very long time

Jane

« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »

A face book friend of mine said she is "in desperate need for a couple of Upper West Side restaurants for a 60th birthday meal. May include an active 7 year old, may not. Suggestions, please!"

I figure I can get some excellent suggestions here.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2010, 05:56:24 PM »

DR Elmore - HOLIDAY, by Vampire Weekend?

That's it! How did you know that? You don't strike me as a Vampire Weekend fan.

Once a reference librarian, always a reference librarian!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2010, 06:04:39 PM »

I've written the majority of the liner notes and will now watch a motion picture, after which I shall finish the notes.

FJL

« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »

I'm feeling especially lethargic.  I hope to be in a party mood tomorrow night.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

Sad story DR DANISE......but you helped!

True and true.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR DakotaCelt!! ;D

Thank You George and Thank you bk for the wonderful shoutout
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Dakota!

Thank you Ben!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2010, 06:24:48 PM »

I'm feeling especially lethargic.  I hope to be in a party mood tomorrow night.

We plan to be asleep by midnight, or at least Keith does.  Chances are I shall be reading as usual.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »

Speaking of reading.  Keith is enjoying is new color Nook.  I plan to download a book from the library and test reading at night without a flashlight. 

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »

Greetings one and all......

The weather has been downright entertatining.... Since midnight last night we have had the following precip: Rain, Freezing rain, mist, sleet, snow, sideways snow.....

It has been an entertaining challenge to remain bipedal. I have seen a few people slide on the ice from the wind.... walking

We get a few respite tomorrow before round two.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »

Wow, Ginny. An earthquake! How exciting!
I thought it was a lovely tribute to Jerry Herman.

Because Jerry Herman make the earth move?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

There was a 100 car pile up on I94 just west of West FArgo..  The interstates are now closed and the are advising no travel in FArgo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up