Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKY NOODLES  (Read 12878 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WACKY NOODLES
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »

On to another page.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »

"Page 3" "Quote" "Dance"!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

One more episode of Mrs Gaskell's WIVES & DAUGHTERS to go! It's quite good although I think I prefer the doom and gloom of NORTH AND SOUTH and the romance of CRANFORD more. The cast is excellent and the writing by Andrew Davies quite wonderful. I see he's written the screenplay for the latest adaptation of LES TROIS MOUSQUETAIRES. Excellent!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2011, 12:43:36 PM »

Love Andrew Davies work. He did a couple of great Trollope adaptations, "He Knew He Was Right" and "The Way We Live Now," as well as the excellent version of Elliott's "Daniel Deronda." And of course, the "Pride and Prejudice" with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2011, 12:45:26 PM »

He reads more 19th century novels than I do. And gets paid to do it, too.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Hey!  I did it!

:)

Cute photo.  Was the cat photo shopped into the snow or really out there playing?

I think it was really out playing

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, where Rob and Mary Linda joined us for church and lunch afterwards.  ML then headed home to Michigan and Rob went with us to visit the church's senior warden in the hospital (cardiac adjustment) and then we 3 enjoyed A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION and WAIT, WAIT, DON'T TELL ME during the drive home.  I need to put on my Reeboks and take a walk around the basement because I didn't do one yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »

DR Elmore - I hope you and Charlotte enjoy TRUE GRIT as much as we all did on New Year's Eve.  Tell her "Go, Blue!" for me!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »

Can't wait to hear what DR Elmore thinks of True Grit

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »

Well...

My clothes are laid out. I found my cufflinks. I found my ties. (It's amazing just how much I don't dress up regularly.)

And since I'm starting to feel a bit anxious and antsy, I'm gonna head out for a few hours for some fresh air, some window-shopping and then a presentation of Monteverdi's "Vespro della Beata Vergine" down at "Smokey" Mary's on 46th Street.  Then back her to pack, edit, re-pack, edit and re-pack.  And, hopefully, get a few hours of sleep. Thankfully, I'm not scheduled for embarkation until 3:00 tomorrow afternoon, so, I should have a few hours of breathing room in the morning too.

I hope.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »

I believe that elmore has the video version of WACKY NOODLES.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »

I love Wait, Wait!

Ben

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »

We are having fish with rice and vegetables for dinner tonight.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »

Hi from 30,000 + feet. Last day for Virgin America's free inflight Wifi!!

This will be my first time seeing Phantom in LV.  I will pass along hellos to cast people if I get a chance. Turns out that the guy playing Raul was my Joseph in a production of JatATD in 1997.  I fb'd him to make sure he was going to be in the show tomorrow.  He is!! 

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »

* * * * *   Continued Travel Vibes for DR Matthew and his DP  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »

DR Matthew - I usually say "Wave when you fly over Ohio" but that would mean you're really off course!  Have a great time in Vegas!

John G.

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Matthew! Sounds like a fun trip.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »

I forgot how much food I have to eat on weight watchers.  They changed the point system so some of the foods I used to eat have gone up in points, but fruit is now 0.   I had the old point system down pat, this one will take some getting used to.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:15:54 PM by Cillaliz »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

I'm afraid I got you beat, DR Danise--today is the last day of my month long vacation.  I haven't been in the office since December 1st.

I'm only sort of looking forward to going back to the routine.  Back to the long commute...  Also, we will be between projects for a while, so there will be a lot of time to fill up with trying to look busy when there's really nothing to do.

I went out today to buy myself a pair of boots at L.L. Bean.  Then I stopped off at Borders to use a 50% off coupon.  I bought my next commute read, the new translation of Pasternak's DR. ZHIVAGO.  I took a stab at it a few years ago, but it was tough going and I let myself get distracted away.  This new translation promises to more enticing according to a few reviews I've read on it.

And it will be interesting to see how many people have e-readers on the trains tomorrow.  I'm probably going to appear rather retro holding an actual book.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »

Today is the end of my 3 1/2 days off in a row.  I have work to do and it's sitting here like so much fish, but I just can't do it.  So it will wait until tomorrow.  Tomorrow I'll be going in late as I'm taking Callie to the vet to have her lip checked and Boo is getting her chip

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »

Is it bad to watch reruns of House Hunters and not remember which one they chose?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »

DR Cillaliz, will this be Little Ricky's first time home alone?
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2011, 02:23:15 PM »

Yes, actually, it will.  It should be about an hour total, so we'll see how he does.

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:20 PM »

I really haven't left the house much at all in the last few days.  It was good for the cats after being left for 4 nights over Christmas.  I'm not concerned about him being here alone

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »

I was watching Oprah's new channel today.  I don't think I'll watch too often. I mean EVERY show has a message.  I don't want a message in every show I watch. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »

I do like the HGTV dream home (watching it again) it sleeps 14!  We could have an HHW getaway in VT

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

Watching My Favorite Year on TCM.  What a fun movie!

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »

oh i love that movie....it's one of my favorites

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »

How About WACKY DUST?

Manattan Transfer or Ella Fitzgerald?

I've never heard Ella's version...but I don't doubt that it's very good.  TMT's version is a lot of fun. :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:54:01 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »

And since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up