Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THANKS FOR THE RECIPES  (Read 15331 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THANKS FOR THE RECIPES
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »

And that is our history lesson for today.
And it sounds like my alma mater.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »

I thought Miss Anne Francis was beautiful and always liked her performances......in the late 1980's, I saw her in Chicago playing M'Lynn in STEEL MAGNOLIAS.....and she was terrific.

In her last scene - well by they time she finished that last monolog and banged the top of the radio - there wasn't a DRY EYE in the house.....grown men were crying.....

You were very lucky to have seen her on stage.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »

Well, this has been a hellishly difficult day.  A nightmare of epic proportions, but the fact that I remained reasonably (if not completely) calm during all of it at least made me feel better.  This all has to do with the helper, and while I cannot go into her personal stuff, she's had something from several years ago rear its head and she has to deal with it and how it's going to turn out is anyone's guess at this point.  She's been out of commission since Friday afternoon (it's not health-related).  How long she'll remain out of commission is not known at this time.  The fact that this happened when we're trying to ship 2000 CDs was not the best timing.  Luckily, her boyfriend has been helping her with our stuff and she gave him some instructions and he was able to print out all the postage and labels over the weekend.  He came by, picked up the CDs needed, and promised me they would all go out by the end of today.   My fear is this was a very complex release - with two titles, people ordering singles, multiples, and also the special bargain deal - so there's all kinds of combinations getting shipped.  I know she was being very careful about this one in terms of notation, but I have no idea how careful he'll be - although, I stressed many times how important it was.  He's supposed to call me to let me know it's done.  Then he'll meet me tomorrow with other shipping labels and we'll send out the last of the dealer orders.  I personally lugged 13 heavy boxes to the UPS Store.  And that has been my entire day thus far, and I'm still dealing with it.  I just ate some lunch and I will now write some pages, then go back to dealing with it.  Once I know we're past this crunch, I'm then okay until the end of the month - if I have to replace her, her boyfriend will come and show whoever the replacement is how it all works.

I am so sorry, BK.  This helper seemed like the perfect match.   At least the boyfriend seems to be willing to help take up the slack.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

I have re-boxed the Christmas decorations and cleaned out a few cabinets.  Now I have the rest of the house to do ;)

First I need to email as many people as possible, those I have info for, to let them know why I didn't send cards this year.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:07 PM »

Today I received my copy of THE THIN THIRTY about the 1962-63 University of Kentucky (Lexington0 football team.....suffering under first year coach Charlie Bradshaw.

He started out with 88 players in the spring of 1962, and only had 30 left by the time the season started.

It was also the 1959-63 teams that were involved in a sex for pay scheme with wrestling promoter Jim Barnett - who provided the team members for his friend Rock Hudson, who often traveled to Lexington to play.....  Where he met Harvey Yeary - a football player that he invited to LA.

Rock was a silent partner in Lexington's gay bar JOHNNY ANGEL'S - now the Johnny Angel Disco in THE BAR complex in Lexington.

Not the same Harvey Yeary who became Lee Majors?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »

I thought Miss Anne Francis was beautiful and always liked her performances......in the late 1980's, I saw her in Chicago playing M'Lynn in STEEL MAGNOLIAS.....and she was terrific.

In her last scene - well by they time she finished that last monolog and banged the top of the radio - there wasn't a DRY EYE in the house.....grown men were crying.....

You were very lucky to have seen her on stage.

I think so too DR JANE - we were doing the show at the Phoenix, and it was still running off Broadway, so it hadn't been done a lot, and I wanted to see it.....

Marcia Rodd was in it, too - but I don't remember which part she played.....I guess I should check my StageBill.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »

Today I received my copy of THE THIN THIRTY about the 1962-63 University of Kentucky (Lexington0 football team.....suffering under first year coach Charlie Bradshaw.

He started out with 88 players in the spring of 1962, and only had 30 left by the time the season started.

It was also the 1959-63 teams that were involved in a sex for pay scheme with wrestling promoter Jim Barnett - who provided the team members for his friend Rock Hudson, who often traveled to Lexington to play.....  Where he met Harvey Yeary - a football player that he invited to LA.

Rock was a silent partner in Lexington's gay bar JOHNNY ANGEL'S - now the Johnny Angel Disco in THE BAR complex in Lexington.

Yes.

John G.

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about your stress, BK. I think it shows dedication that she got her boyfriend to help as much as he has, and it hopefully means that once she straightens her affairs out that she will be back to work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »

I just collected another $1.15 for doing NOTHING through EBATES at EBAY.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »

Yes.

Oh!   ::) ::) ::)
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »

At this rate, I may be able to afford the NETFLIX that DR MBARNUM was talking about yesterday.

I am watching THE LAST SUNSET that stars Mr Rock Hudson hisseff and also features Mr Rad Fulton.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

I have not taken down any of my outdoor decorations.  If anyone gives me any shit, I am going to tell them that I am waiting for Twelfth Night.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »

I am not allowed to touch the Christmas decorations before Epiphany, but on Friday - watch out!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »

Oh good heavens TCB, we don't take down the outdoor decorations until spring. too cold to do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »

Bk, this mysterious place that you went to for your resarch today wouldn't happen to be at 8152 Sunset Boulevard?

You mean yesterday's field trip?  8152 is a McDonald's near the Chateau Marmont - but no, my research was really confined to Hollywood proper, as I had to keep the crime in the Hollywood police's jurisdiction.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2011, 05:13:50 PM »

I'm going to have dinner with the best friend of the helper, so I can get more of the backstory - that way I may get a better bead on how this is going to play out.  I really don't want to have to train yet another person. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2011, 05:14:35 PM »

DR DAKOTA,  I'm serious about checking out job possibilities in Minnesota.  They are much more socially conscious than most other states in the area.  I don't think they would tolerate bullying.  And it's just across the river for you.   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

Getting an extremely late start, I've written three-and-a-half pages so far - it's all history right now, but very interesting history, of both the location, which is real, and the crime, which is not.  That's the fun of it, mashing up the real and fictional.

KevinH

« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »

Vibes for DR DakotaCelt

Jane

« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »

No one has responded to my question regarding facebook.  I still can't connect to it.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »

I would much rather not be able to connect to FB than to HHW. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »

Oh good heavens TCB, we don't take down the outdoor decorations until spring. too cold to do it

and the snow is too deep around here to do that. There are those who leave the lights up on their houses all year round
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »

No one has responded to my question regarding facebook.  I still can't connect to it.

Book Face seems to be working fine for me DR JANE.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »

It's working fine for me, Jane.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »

Thank you Jrand.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Kirk Douglas just made short work of Rad Fulton....too bad.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »

Y.W.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2011, 05:32:11 PM »

Thank you Laura.

John G.

« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »

I have had no problems with Facebook today. With other people, yes. Not Facebook.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up