Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THANKS FOR THE RECIPES  (Read 15305 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THANKS FOR THE RECIPES
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »

I did contact the lawyer and voc-rehab they were not happy to see this.

ND is an anal state when it comes to employees they have no rights and they endorse bullying and abuse 

I hope i an find an other job. NDSU is a huge bully and they do have respect for anyone and they do not give a damn as long as they can take the tax payer and student tuition and line their own pockets
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Laura

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »

Oh, DakotaCelt, I am so sorry to hear this!!!!!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

Trying to figure out options
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »

DR DakotaCelt - what an awful way to start the new year!  Vibes and prayers for you...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:11 AM »

Sorry, Dakota.  I agree that you need legal representation to pursue a wrongful termination suit.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »

Dakota so sorry to hear this.  Isn't Morehead MN just across the river?   Have you thought about looking at Morehead State?

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 10:42:35 AM »

Took the girls to the vet today.  They were not amused.  I heard about it all the way there.  Boo now has a chip which I shall register as soon as I finish this post.   Callie has a lump on both sides, but the one on the left does appear larger and has a hard mass in it.  She REALLY needs to have her teeth cleaned so tomorrow I'm going to take her in for that and while she's under they'll do the biopsy of the lump.  I'm hoping it's nothing.  I know I should have gotten her in earlier for a tooth cleaning, but she's been through so much at the vet's office over the years I wanted a little time to pass before doing it.  It's time.

Laura

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »

I hope Callie's dental goes well tomorrow and that the biopsy doesn't show anything bad.

I have to take Joshie in tomorrow for a dental, as well. I'm telling you, I have taken a mother cats with several kittens across town for adoptions, and Joshie yowls more than all of them put together when I take him to the vet.

Laura

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:25 AM »

DakotaCelt, maybe this is the time to look into moving somewhere warmer. I know the cold in North Dakota bothers you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2011, 10:51:07 AM »

The horrid Mr Farrow's ally against our E&T DR Noel, Stevie Newport, is now the prime authority on the Facebook site for lost musicals. There's nothing he won't make a comment over.

WTF? We have 14 friends in common.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:55:38 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »

The horrid Mr Farrow's ally against our E&T DR Noel, Stevie Newport, is now the prime authority on the Facebook site for lost musicals. There's nothing he won't make a comment over.

WTF? We have 14 friends in common.

Ugh--another reason to avoid Facebook....

...unless I decide to go there and mess with him...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »

* * * * *  Vibes for Callie  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »

Slept poorly last night.  Kept waking up wondering if the alarm was about to go off.

Today is my first day back at work.

UGH!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 11:10:32 AM »

I looked at MSUM last year but they have a hiring freeze.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

I am beginning to wonder if there are ethical people out there

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

I wonder if there is something better in the stars

I will miss the kids but not the abuse

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

I'm off to the doctor now. I hope she can clear this cough up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

I'm off to the doctor now. I hope she can clear this cough up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~No-cough Vibes for DR Larry "Elmo" Moore~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »

DR Dakota at least you will not have to suffer anymore. I'm sure it took a huge toll on you. It's better for your healt to be out of that situation.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2011, 12:18:08 PM »

So, we've finally come up against being a 2-car/3-person household (tomorrow) and guess who lost?  NOT the person who actually had the accident 2 months ago today...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2011, 01:39:46 PM »

I have returned with two prescriptions and the doctor's recommendation for Chlor-Trimetron. I've got Azithromycin, a strong oral antibiotic in case I've got bronchitis, and Benzonatate for my cough.

If I were a horse I'd be a can of dogfood.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »

How sad about Anne Francis, although not unexpected...I knew she had been very ill over this last year.

I met her several years back at one of the Ray Court's Hollywood shows. She was very fun, and very funny...she was having a great time and was seated at a table with the guy who played Superboy on tV back in the 1980s, Gerard Christopher. The two of them were having a blast.

I, too, remember Ms. Francis from the Ray Courts Shows.  She remained a beauty even into old age.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »

Good Afternoon!

We're about to sail, so...

Thank You for the Travel Vibes! -And, yes, the trek from my apartment to the cruise terminal was quite interesting and, in some ways, amusing.

~~~~~VIBES TO DR DAKOTA CELTIC~~~~~

DR Elmore - I hope those meds do the trick.

And I hope Everyone has a wonderful first full week of 2011!!!

Until St. Thomas... ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »

From Jose:
I was hired by the voice teacher who is running the camp, not by the ship. So, I will be a "regular guest". -I did just check out my cabin assignment. It's an interior room. A window would have been nice, but I'm pretty sure I'll be making sure I spend a lot of time on deck over the course of the 10 days.

Good, you don't have to wear a tux without the option to eat in the dining room. ;)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »

From George:
Thanks for this link, Jose!  I posted a Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake recipe that I'd actually been looking for for a couple of years!  And now, I have it again!
:D

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »

I remember Allan from England more than KT.  Allen's recipe sounds delicious.  I know Tom from OZ's cake is extra moist as I have made it. 

Jennifer your strudel muffins look yummy.

Most of these recipes look fattening. ;D  I had fun reading the posts.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »

Two Show Biz deaths this morning:

Anne Francis

Pete Postlethwaite

:'(

:(

I always considered Ann Francis one of the most beautiful women.

I thought Pete Postlethwaite was older.  Sixty four is way too young.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:59 PM »

OH!

Queen Mary 2 Bridge Web Cam

*And I guess that is snow on the dock. -At least at 8:48am (EST). ;)

It must be nice to leave on a cruise so close to home & not have to get on a plane first.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2011, 02:55:25 PM »

I'm at the office. I've been here for about 2 hours and things are going well. No problems, no issues, just a few files that need my attention. All is well and I'm glad to be up and about.

:D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »

I'm devastated by the news of Pete Postlethwaite.  He played Brother Gilbert in my film DRAGONHEART.  He was a great pal on location and a great ally against a crude and insensitive director (as Pete once put it: "Just figure out where to put the camera, mate; we'll do the thinking.")  He was a funny and intelligent man, an immense talent, and I'll cherish our long nights in our local Slovakian bistro and our long conversations about art and life.  I raise a Pivo (Slovakian for beer) to you, Pete.  Thanks for keeping me sane in Slovakia.

My condolences and thank you for your beautiful, personal & moving tribute to Pete.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up