Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STUPID SQUIRREL  (Read 15512 times)

Ginny

Re: THE STUPID SQUIRREL
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »

I'm watching the football game that DR Rodzinski is attending.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

DR elmore this should make you happy.
"Sarah Palin's Alaska Not Renewed"
;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »

The issue for me isn't that Sarah isn't in power, it's that she used targets on her "hit list" and has at the very least (like other candidates) hinted at "second Amendment remedies" for political grievances.  I don't think it's any coincidence that several sites are reporting Palin took down the target graphic today, which evidently was still live on some of her internet accounts.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »

Richard and I have returned from several errands to places that were not close to each other.  I wish we'd set the trip meter before we left.  We picked up Richard's suit at the dry cleaner and our audio copy of MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL at a branch of my former employer, bought Scotch and soda and delivered it to my mother, and had Skyline chili for dinner.  We visited for a while with Mom and would have offered to take her to dinner with us, but it's too cold here for a 92-year-old to be out and about.

I am curious Ginny, do you ever eat the canned Skyline Chili.  And if so, is it worth the $3.00 price tag per can?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »

I completely applaud the Tucson Sheriff for his lambasting of radio and tv vitriol.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

The issue for me isn't that Sarah isn't in power, it's that she used targets on her "hit list" and has at the very least (like other candidates) hinted at "second Amendment remedies" for political grievances.  I don't think it's any coincidence that several sites are reporting Palin took down the target graphic today, which evidently was still live on some of her internet accounts.

She didn't have it on her facebook page. That much I know. I don't visit her other sites.   All I know is from 25 years of criminal defense experience, you don't know what led this man, who was clearly disturbed, to go on this shooting spree.  From the reports, I have heard no mention that the suspects myspace or youtube posts make any mention of Sarah Palin or her list of those they wanted to defeat in the election.   I think it's dangerous to immiediately jump to conclusions and blame someone who may or may not have had any influence on the shooter.    I'm not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying you don't know and that sort of accusation is just as dangerous as the list itself

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »

When I was a child, I used to love watching the TV series TOPPER.  I thought it was so stylish, and I thought the Kirbys were witty and urbane.

I wonder if I would enjoy it if I watched it again?
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »

I'm not "blaming" Sarah for this particular shooting.  I *am* blaming her (among others) for the hyperbolic and vitriolic atmosphere.  How would *she* feel if someone posted a site with her in a rifle scope?  Or her family?  It's that kind of atmosphere that I am quite positive the sheriff was referring to.  And I'll bet you dollars to donuts he's a Republican.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »

Oh, let's not go to Palin-land.  :)

Let's be merry and gay.  I have been sitting here tearing what little hair I have left slowly out of my head.  I did this edit road map, but doing those things is so complicated and I flipped a few tracks - so the mastering guy has been inundating me with questions and I've just taken another hour to fix it all - it's done now and hopefully I can stop worrying about it until he's finished his work.  It's driving me a little crazy and, as most of you know, that is not a long drive.  I want to get back to Adriana-land - that land is FUN.  I'm finishing up the liner notes and then I'm FREEEEE.  I'll probably watch a motion picture and then I'll write another three or four pages.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

Well I refuse to hang around and watch this discussion escalate, so....................

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

When I was a child, I used to love watching the TV series TOPPER.  I thought it was so stylish, and I thought the Kirbys were witty and urbane.

Of course you would - especially since several of the scripts were written by someone named Stephen Sondheim.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »

No escalation.  Truly.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »

Of course you would - especially since several of the scripts were written by someone named Stephen Sondheim.

Cool.  maybe I will order from Oldies.com.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »

DR TCB - I have used the canned Skyline to make topping for coney hot dogs, but I don't think I'd just eat it as chili.  If you want the full experience, you should serve it over spaghetti and add cheese and beans and/or onions, as desired.  In Cincinnati lingo:

3-way = spaghetti, chili, cheese
4-way bean = spaghetti, chili, beans, cheese
4-way onion = spathetti, chili, onions, cheese
5-way = spaghetti, chili, beans, onions, cheese

Tonight, Richard and I each order 4-way bean with the cheese on the side.  It's amazing how little of that cheese you really need.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »

Terry Trotter's son has a new album out.

JMK

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

We're off to see Joan Rivers with the Oregon Symphony.  Yes, you read that right.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

She didn't have it on her facebook page. That much I know. I don't visit her other sites.   All I know is from 25 years of criminal defense experience, you don't know what led this man, who was clearly disturbed, to go on this shooting spree.  From the reports, I have heard no mention that the suspects myspace or youtube posts make any mention of Sarah Palin or her list of those they wanted to defeat in the election.   I think it's dangerous to immiediately jump to conclusions and blame someone who may or may not have had any influence on the shooter.    I'm not saying it's impossible, i'm just saying you don't know and that sort of accusation is just as dangerous as the list itself

I agree it has the potential to be just as dangerous.  I'm sure Palin's intention was not for someone to go kill these people, only to vote against them.  Whether is was appropriate is, to me, a different subject and until a connection can be made that her "hit list" is the indirect cause it should not be stated as such.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

The movies are available on NetFlix

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

Quoth Vixmom yestereve:

I wol dhave loved tohav ebeenon

I for one would just like to commend Vixmom for having the courage to post here when English is obviously her second language.  My question to Vixmom is:  what's your first language?

;D ;D ;D

Gibberish
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »

Oh, let's not go to Palin-land.  :)

Let's be merry and gay. 

Yes, I was not trying to discuss Palin, only suggesting to wait for the facts to declare the reason behind this horrific act.

I'm fine and certainly not angry or grumpy at all. Sad about this yes, happy with the folks at HHW, yes. :)

Jane

« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »

I can see headlines with stories about the judge now.  I can't open any articles for some reason.  I'm lucky to have been able to connect here.  I think I'll take the hint & say....

'night

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:02 PM »

There's a 5:30am wake-up call on my horizon, so - 'night!

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »

Well the Vixter and I are back from a most satisfying day of being tourists in the city that never sleeps

I had a coupon good for 10 hours parking for only $12 so we drove in listening to the Scottsboro Boys

parked and walked 4 blocks to the King Tut exhibit -  they had added some new items in November - items that MOMA has apparently been in possession of for many years and which they have just agreed to give to the Cairo Museum - included were a chariot found in Tut's tomb and a life size re-creation of his mummy -

they recommended allowing 90 minutes to take in everythingc- we were there for nearly four hours and only left because we needed to rush to the theatre for our 2 PM matinee
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:21:48 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »

Today we saw the Roundbout Theatre Production of "The Importance of Being Earnest"

Vixdad had bought us the tickets as our Christmas present.  The wwere third row center mezzanien and since they have "stadium seating" in the mezzanien the view was superb.

After the show there was an annoucement  inviting the audience to stay for a "talk back" with two of the actors -(the ones playing Jack & Gewndolyn  - shown here in this photo behind Aunt Augusta) only about 30 of us stayed and it was quite interesting and fun,

Jane

« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2011, 07:29:58 PM »

I'm glad I returned to read about the Vix women's lovely outing. :)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »

Edi, that was a very nice gesture on your part for your family and your step-mom's family.

Thank you. Maybe it will make up for the fact that I, too, have killed a squirrel.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »

Then we decided to go eat dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.  The wait was only 30 minutes and the food was actually quite good and (considering we were in a tourist trap in the middle of the theatre district) the prices were fairly reasonable

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

then we walked 4 blocks back to the car and drove home listening to Wicked

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »

I have never hit a squirrel but have unfortunately, on separate occassions,  hit a cat and a bird.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:44 PM »

Just got back from Blue Ridge and are my arms (and the rest of me) tired. I'm going to take a nap and get up at 5am to see the Dali exhibit. The museum is open for 31 hours to send Dali off in style. After midnight until 6 it's only $5. I know it will be packed tomorrow so I hope I can make it over there!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up