News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WEHT  (Read 11909 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WEHT
« on: January 09, 2011, 11:43:46 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes pondered various and sundried questions of WEHT, and now it is time for you to post until the WEHT cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WEHT
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:46:24 PM »

And the word of the day is: STERTOROUSLY!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »

Good Train Thoughts to Larry.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 02:10:18 AM »

Oatmeal and coffee await me.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »

TOD

The first Sondheim show  was one that I was in... Gypsy

The first one on Broadway was:
Sweeney Todd

Then all his shows after that up to Passions (missing Asassins) including revivals of West Side Story, Pacific Overtures (Off-Broadway), and the review show Putting It Together (Julie Andrews version) and regional productions of Company and Marry Me a Little.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 04:15:42 AM »

The first read through of The Absilutely True Adventures of A Hollywood Assistant went well yesterday. Fine tuning ahead (Rewrite rewrite rewrite) Major change: Dropped one scene which was a monologue which doesn't work now that it is no longer one actor playing all the roles.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:44 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept well, although I must have been possessed by the spirit of Cole Porter last ight. I dreamed I was composing "Just One Of Those Things" for Janet Leigh! Oy.

I have to tidy the apartment this morning, pack a few articles of clothing, and determine my travel reading. Around 10:30 I will head down to Penn Station. I hope the trains are on schedule today and I hope tomorrow's meeting goes well.

I have little else to report. I believe I saw the films of GYPSY and WEST SIDE STORY long before I ever knew who Stephen Sondheim was. I discovered A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM through my Latin class, in which we were translating Plautus' comedy MILES GLORIOSUS around 1966. My wonderful Latin teacher Robert Kane was a native New Yorker who'd seen every musical on Broadway and we listened to the cast recordings of FORUM and THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE during the semester of Plautus.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 05:21:07 AM »

The Angela Lansbury GYPSY was the first Sondheim show I saw.   

First Sondheim song I recall hearing was probably "Comedy Tonight" - my uncle was a big Zero Mostel fan, and I think I even heard the FORUM album before hearing WEST SIDE STORY or GYPSY.

Favorite song - probably "What More Do I Need?"

Laura

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 05:31:32 AM »

Have a great trip, Elmore!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »

Have a great trip, Elmore!

Thanks, DR Laura!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:54:05 AM »

TOD:

I'm not sure which Sondheim show I saw on stage first.  It was either GYPSY with Angela Lansbury or A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC with Jean Simmons.

They both played the Shubert in Los Angeles, but I don't recall which one was there first.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 06:24:15 AM »

TOD if you're including movies, the first one I saw was West Side Story

Cillaliz

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 06:30:19 AM »

I woke up to 10 inches of snow. I had no problem clearing the driveway, but the street hasn't been cleared and a Prius in 10 inches of snow isn't something I want to think about.  Edith has the same sort of predicament so we will wait to go to work until the plows come through.  Luckily I have my calendar and the phone numbers of the clients scheduled for today here at home so we were able to contact the 9:00 and tell him to stay home.

Cillaliz

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 06:31:06 AM »

It's supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow noon. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 06:31:43 AM »

Ok, time to get breakfast and take a shower so I'm ready to either keep working on the brief here or go to the office.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »

They are predicting snow here beginning late Tuesday night and into Wednesday. That might affect Dear Larry's return from DC.

Hope not!

Ben

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:01 AM »

The last predicted snow storm didn't really do any damage but they are saying we may get 6-12 inches of snow with this one.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:40 AM »

And now I must call my PCP to make an appoint and fill him in on my life from December 10 through now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:47 AM »

I'm up, I've announced, and I'm going back to sleep and hoping that when I arise again we'll actually have some orders.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 06:44:41 AM »

DR FJL may know the answer to this: what's going on wth "All That Chat"? It's been down for two days.

DR Ben, thanks for the weather update. I will have to play it by ear, I guess. My return ticket is for the 5:05 train, but if I can get on an earlier one, I may try to do that.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:36 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »

TOD: The first Sondheim song I ever heard may have been "Comedy Tonight" when the movie came on TV, although I might have heard someone singing something from "West Side Story" or "Gypsy" before that.

First show of his I saw on stage was a touring production of "Side by Side by Sondheim" with Hermione Gingold singing "I Never Do Anything Twice." First on Broadway was the original production of "Sunday" during rehearsals before "Children and Art" was added. Sucha beautiful song, but I was still in tears by the time the show ended.

Favorite song? Depends on the time of day and mood. Could be almost anything from "Follies"; "A Weekend in the Country"; "One Wonderful Day" or "What More Do I Need?"; or the version of "Johanna" where Sweeney is singing; or "Being Alive." There are too many to choose.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:20 AM »

Train vibes for DR Elmore.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:53 AM »

And I hope Janet Leigh does justice to "Just One of Those Things" when you get it finished.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 06:59:45 AM »

Vibes of warmth for all who are snowed in.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  You've heard of Typhoid Mary? Well, I've been Nosebleed Ginny this morning, not an unusual condition when taking blood thinners.  EMT Rob was most helpful.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »

Travel vibes to DR Elmore!

And, thank you to DRs DakotaCelt and Vixmom for the ones they posted for us last night.  Richard and I will proceed with our packing and prep plans for today, but tomorrow's departure is very much in question.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

That might explain my random nosebleeds! I have been taking fish oil (on my doctor's recommendation for cholesterol issues). He didn't mention that a side effect is that it can act as a blood thinner. I haven't had one for a while but I was getting nosebleeds out of nowhere. They would stop quickly but I didn't know what the heck was going on. I'll discuss it with my primary care doctor when I see him.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 07:27:12 AM »

Which, by the way, will be on Thursday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up