Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 5  (Read 16253 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 5
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »

I wish I had TV to watch the memorial. Maybe some of the news sites will have clips. Instead, I'm wathing the horror that is "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band." I have never seen this. And I just wish somebody had stopped them. But I can't stop watching it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »

Thanks, TCB and KevinH.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »

The tone (driven by applause rather than being peaceful) came as a surprise and was unsettling for a while, but it turns out they might possibly have chosen well.  Opinions may vary on that.

The applause only bothered me during the blessing and the readings.  After that, it was Ok.  This rest was more  support for each other and cheering for political leaders, which seemed appropriate since a political leader who was the target

Which makes it so much more mind boggling that he killed a little girl along with everyone else.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2011, 06:45:07 PM »

I am very glad I watched the memorial.  It was very uplifting.  I think the President's speech was excellent. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »

What I'm hearing on TV is that all of Tucson has been in shock and crying since Saturday.  They needed something to cheer about.  It was more of a celebration of life.  He challenged us all to live up to the expectations of Christina Green and all of our children.

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »

I wish I had TV to watch the memorial. Maybe some of the news sites will have clips. Instead, I'm wathing the horror that is "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts' Club Band." I have never seen this. And I just wish somebody had stopped them. But I can't stop watching it.

It was live-streamed on CNN.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »

ASK BK DAY

Two related questions

TCM is having a Laurel & Hardy marathon. So..........

Do you have a favorite L & H short or Movie?

The sublime Way Out West.

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »

Ok, now I need to figure out how to finish the design guidelines for one of our historic districts.  It's the last project I've had on the back burner.  I promised to email it to people tomorrow so.....laters

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »

Is anyone else here watching the memorial from Tuscon?
No.

No.

I didn't know about the memorial until I just read about it here...after it was over.  Too late for me.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »

George, maybe they'll replay it.   It was hard to get used to the pep rally feel of it, but as it went on, it seemed ok

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »

George, maybe they'll replay it.   It was hard to get used to the pep rally feel of it, but as it went on, it seemed ok

I'll check on that when I get home...which is where I'm going now.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »

What Miss Molly Brown has been doing lately:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cywr2miC0

My bird, J.B., loved the sounds of her barking. He joined in for a bark or two.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »

What Miss Molly Brown has been doing lately:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cywr2miC0

My bird, J.B., loved the sounds of her barking. He joined in for a bark or two.

:D

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2011, 07:58:07 PM »

sorr I keep dozing off = goodnight
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »

Me, too. Night, all.
― Voltaire

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »

Great big hugs for everyone. :)

Night.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »

Thanks for the continued vibes  I am hoping osmething pans out. I am trying to stay busy but here are moments of the day that it does get rough
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »

Oh Man, this year is starting off quite well.  I just completed the last of the projects that has been staring at me for months without me doing anything about it.  It was finishing the design guidelines I was working on last summer for one of the historic districts in town.  I sent them to the people who need to comment on them tonight and will be presenting them on Tuesday at the Neighborhood Coalition meeting. I'm sure they are far from perfect, but I think they are pretty good and I'm proud of them.

I still have a lot of work to do on other things, but they are current projects not past projects.  That's a huge weight off of my shoulders.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »

George, I am liking Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

IN a strange sort of way he has a bit of Peter Davison and David Tennant in him.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »

THe DVD set at the library does not have the Christmas episode and I am highly disappointed of where Donna returnes to get married and Tennant regenerates into Matt's doctor
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:51:35 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »

Joshie is home and he is not amused.

He just might be looking for soem sort of revenge

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »

Vibes to everyone..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2011, 09:48:07 PM »

Qwest repairman has left and assures me all is well.  Hilarity I'm sure will ensue.

you have a cereal repair man?

I vaguely remember the commercials for that cereal

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

Joshie is finishing up his second can of Fancy Feast.

:)

WEll... this is a good sign

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »

Bk,

I was watching Hamlet with Olivier today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was wondering who was your favorite Hamlet interpretation and which other Shakespeare interpretations you have enjoyed?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »

Everyone is welcomed to weigh in on the question I asked bk...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »

wibbly wobbly timey wimey

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »

clippety cloppety timey wime
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up