Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 5  (Read 16249 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 5
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:02:40 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of Kritzerland and the Gardenia and other such things, and now it is time for you to post until the Kritzerland Kows kome home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 5
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: AUTOSCHEDIASTICAL!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »

I love that word.  Everyone use it cleverly in a sentence.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:17 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to long-ago dear reader TPunk.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:52:14 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 02:54:05 AM »

We have snow again, though not enough to cause major disruptions. My office is still open and NYC public schools are still open. Some commuter trains are not running (the line to Ronkonkoma for one) but the subway is running, albeit on a reduced  schedule, and many other things are open for business so I will be heading in after I finish the oatmeal with pecans, dried cherries and cinnamon and coffee.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:26 AM »

Sounds like the production of

Dracula

Dracula 2

which just closed off-Broadway (mostly due to awful reviews) was a comedy of errors from the beginning.

Ben

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:46 AM »

Later, gaters.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:20:21 AM »

Alternately there is about a foot of snow out here.  It seems by moorning activities will be of the AUTOSCHEDIASTICAL variety

The Ronkonkoma line is our line
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:20:38 AM »

time to dig out
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »

Fascinating Riedel stuff, DR Ben

Ben

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 04:57:02 AM »

I was actually looking  forward to seeing Dracula, then the appendicitis happened and the reviews came out and I missed it. I do like the Little Shubert space. It's too bad the theatre isn't used more often. I know it's Off-Broadway and the finances are impossible for OB shows but still, it's a nice space.

FJL

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:36 AM »

I remain as ever fascinated by this from the first Dracula article:

The designers, who worked for weeks without contracts, had a stormy meeting with him last month. When he fled, they followed him to his car and shamed him into returning to the theater.
"We sort of kidnapped him," says Kenn, "and made him sign our contracts."

They admit they forced him to sign a contract??????

FJL

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 05:00:45 AM »

I do wonder if they'll find a way to add some seats to the Little Shubert and call it a Broadway theater.

FJL

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 05:07:55 AM »

Re comments from last night - The ex-boss matter is going to be going on a long time, there's just no way around it.  They seem to be finding inventive ways to not only make efforts to keep future unemployment payments from being made, but also part of what they want seems to be to get unemployment already paid to be paid back.

FJL

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:04 AM »

For them what they're doing in the unemployment case for me has impact beyond just my unemployment.  (I'm wondering given how much they must b spending on legal bills here, whether there are issues re other workers as well.  With the possibility being that they could have to pay up to 99 weeks worth of whatever their share of this is, in this economy, it's a bigger issue than it normally would have been in  anormla economy when only 26 weeks was the potential. 

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:31 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Day 2 of our holding pattern here, but I have a feeling we're not going anywhere today.  Reports are that what little melted in the south yesterday has refrozen and now the snow is blowing, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »

I still don't understand their theories on this.  the last time they gave their grounds for appeal, they were nonsensical o me, but it did seem to serve a procedural function of shlepping it out from August (when they filed that paper) through October (when we had the first quick and most recent hearing, their statement was found insufficient, but that doesn;t result in a dismissal, it seemed to be enough that they got to drag it out) and still dragging on right now.

FJL

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 05:14:22 AM »

Stay warm, Ginny

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 05:19:04 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept terribly, although I was glad to be home, and I am all caught up on the past two days.

I'm happy to know that DR Danise and the dogs are warm and the heater is repaired.

I wish Joshie a safe trip to the vet with no tantrums.

I think it's nice that DR RonPulliam rushed to the defense of Lea Michelle, although the gossip seems to indicate that she is a Royal Pain and not a particularly friendly or pleasant young lady. The actress in TRUE GRIT may not have Ms Michelle's bellowing chops, but she's a younger and better actress.

So, my trip to DC had its fraught moments, but on Monday night I had a wonderful dinner with my friend amd Sousa authority, conductor and curator Loras Schissel of the LoC Music Division. Yesterday, I got to the LoC around 9 am, spent a profitable morning playing in the card catalog and the lady who made LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 one of the worst career experiences of my life showed up to work - I was hoping she'd take the day off, gven her "personal" problems - and she wanted to be friendly; I did not.

Then we we had at 11 a long meeting about the McGlinn estate with the executor, the head of the Music Division Susan Vita, Loras, Mark Horowitz, Jan who has much to do with the Music Division's website, Dan (David?) who manages the reading room. and the lady I wanted to avoid! The meeting, because one person never shuts up, lasted two and a half hours! Then we - the lady I wanted to avoid, the executor, Sue Vita, and I - went to lunch, came back, visited with several other librarians whose company I like, and got the 5:05 train to Dodge. I think the meeting was interesting and several goals were achieved. I was primarily there to provide the introduction to the McGlinnestate executor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Successful Outcome Vibes for DR FJL! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 05:37:07 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, Lar.  But I gather they've got much at stake that's bigger than Unemployment matters, so all i can do is keep up my job search and hope that the amount of unemployment for them to go after is as small as possible.

Job-finding vibes would be lovely, though!

:)

FJL

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 05:38:10 AM »

So I guess that would be Successful income vibes rather than Successful outcome Vibes.  LOL!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 05:49:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: AUTOSCHEDIASTICAL!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I'M ALWAYS CHASING RAINBOWS

(Based On Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu)

I'm Sure That The Sondheim Gardenia Show Will not be done AUTOSCHEDIASTICALLY.

To The Cast And BK-  BREAK A LEG

Kerry

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 05:59:17 AM »

BREAK ALL THE LEGS vibes for y'all at the Gardeina.

And all kinds of good vibes to all the rest of y'all....for everything.
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:06 AM »

For Fred (and others who might have to walk their pets in this kind of weather). I don't recall seeing this posted before.

Corgis on a Treadmill

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:16 AM »

I love that word.  Everyone use it cleverly in a sentence.

And If We're In A Sondheim Mood(As We Should Be) Le's Try To Be AUTOSCHEDIASTICAL with "I NEVER DO ANYTHING TWICE"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »

Successful job hunting vibes for DR FJL
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 06:08:37 AM »

DR ELMORE sometimes I get stuck in meetings like that, and I hate to hear said person start talking.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »

Just a couple more on this snowy New York day

FJL

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 06:09:52 AM »

Was this already posted about LEA-MICHELE-GATE?   Perhaps an appearance by the TRUE GRIT star on GLEE is in the future?  LOL!

http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/11/lea-michele-never-hurt-true-grit-star/

Earlier this month, we reported about 14-year-old, SAG Nominee Hailee Steinfeld being majorly let down by Lea Michele when the 'Glee' starlet refused to sign an autograph. In an interview with J-14 Magazine, Hailee described the snub as one of her most embarrassing moments.

But Gossip Cop discovered that one key part of the story was omitted. It was not Lea Michele who "dissed" the talented 'True Grit' star. It was actually a production assistant, whose premiere role on set was to keep the show's tenacious fans at bay.

Even though Lea wasn't at fault for Hailee's letdown, she still feels bad. "I heard Hailee was upset and feel terrible," she said. "The 'Glee' schedule is so jam-packed that the PA probably pulled me so that I wouldn't be late to set. I never meant to hurt her feelings. She's an extraordinary talent and I look forward to meeting her one day."

That sounds more like the girl who brings life to Rachel Berry Tuesday nights. That said, someone should find out if Hailee can sing. Lea could pull some strings and bring the 'True Grit' talent to McKinley High!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up