Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: STARS  (Read 14279 times)

Jennifer

Re: STARS
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »

I went to Sephora late this afternoon. I always try on make-up. But this time I tried on some hairspray (big mistake).  There must have been a frangrance in it that disagreed with me (I am allergic to perfume). Cause my head started pounding immediately.

I wanted to use the hairspray cause i had washed my hair after swimming early this morning. And I didn't have a chance to style it Unfortunately when I came home I had to wash the hairspray off and rewash my hair. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »

I am going to watch Fashion Police tonight on E! as I am curious to see which dresses Joan Rivers liked best.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »

For DR Jane and any other USA network fans. One of my favorite shows, WHITE COLLAR is starting again tomorrow (January 18th). An ROYAL PAINS (another one of my favorites) starts Jan 20th.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »

For DR Jane and any other USA network fans. One of my favorite shows, WHITE COLLAR is starting again tomorrow (January 18th). An ROYAL PAINS (another one of my favorites) starts Jan 20th.

Thank you.  I will check if they are set to record.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2011, 04:06:55 PM »

Is anyone watching THE DEFENDERS?  The new show with Jim Belushi & Jerry O'Connell.  It is changing stations in February.  We like it so I will have to make sure to re-program to record.

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2011, 04:07:51 PM »

Is anyone watching THE DEFENDERS?  The new show with Jim Belushi & Jerry O'Connell.  It is changing stations in February.  We like it so I will have to make sure to re-program to record.

Changing stations? Do you mean changing days to fridays?  My mom loves this show and just asked me to check out when it will be on again (apparently feb 4th is what i read).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

Did another page and finished the chapter.  Will now go pick up Xeroxed music, then start burning CDRs.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »

Almost every visit my hairdresser asks if I want hairspray.  I always say no.  There was a time I wouldn't permit any product aside from shampoo & conditioner on my hair.  Now there are lots of styling products that don't bother my allergies & make my hair feel good, not sticky.

Jennifer thanks for the reminder not to use hair spray. :)

Jane

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »

Changing stations? Do you mean changing days to fridays?  My mom loves this show and just asked me to check out when it will be on again (apparently feb 4th is what i read).

I thought it was changing to a different station on Friday's.  Since we pre-record everything I tend to forget when the shows are on.  I went & asked Keith who said he only heard it was changing days.  That makes it easier- sorry for that though I know have the correct info.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »

Oh and thanks for the date in February.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »

Today Keith removed Firefox from my computer and put on Google Chrome and.....IT WORKS!!! :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »

I could use some vibes. I got a face-to-face interview set for Thursday afternoon. Not only does the job pay well
but it's only 30 hours a week, so I have more time for class work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »

Why get rid of Firefox?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

I kept thinking he was saying Google Crone ;D  My brain refused to accept it would be named Crone & finally, after repeatedly asking the name & saying crone back to him, began to spell C R at which point he went "no Ch".  When I said then "not C R O N E" he laughed at the funny name.  My sentiments exactly. :)

Jane

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »

Why get rid of Firefox?

Because most the time I couldn't open anything.  I couldn't read articles or see email or comment on FB.  For some odd reason I was able to post here yesterday.  Today, nothing.  I couldn't get past page six from last night.

Laura

« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »

Good luck, John G.! I hope this job works out for you!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jane

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

MEGA JOB VIBES FOR DR JOHN G!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »

My apologies to Jack.  I was kidnapped this morning by friends who took me out for the day.  it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed myself; but it kept me from watching NEVER TOO LATE.  I am now going to have to postpone it till this coming weekend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »

I'm glad you were kidnapped & had a fun day. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ check www.cablestogo.com - they seem to offer a serial to USB cable you might be able to use.

It's not a serial it's the big long printer cable to LPT port cable

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »

But it does look like they have the one I need....thanks!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »

Music wasn't ready, so I have to go back at seven.  But I did burn all the CDRs and I'll start the new chapter now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »

TOD:

I have long thought that Lillian Jackson Braun's THE CAT WHO...series of mystery books would make a great TV series or series of TV movies, with Tom Selleck in the role of Jim Qwilleran. He is now just at that right age.

Oh I agree!  I love the Cat Who stories.   But who would play Koko and Yum Yum

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »

I've tallied up my year's income, life, apartment, and health insurance payments, the rent, and all utility payments, and I think I will stop. Tomorrow morning, before I head down to Toyland I'll do the zillion taxi receipts and the MTA payments.

And that's how it went today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOMETIME DR, NOEL!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »

I remembered my camera today. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

John G. I don't know if the tickets for Follies have officially gone on sale but we have a friend who is a donor to the KC and he gets first crack at tickets before they go on sale to the public so it's all in his hands now.

Oh, Kennedy Center.  i thought you meant Kentucky Fried Chicken.  I always look for the food answer first.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »

Interesting trees, Jane.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Danise

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »

Evening all!

I had to go out this afternoon and brave the storm because of a doctor appointment.  I hate that you have to spend a forty dollar co pay, wait in the waiting room for well over an hour and a half after your appointment time (but Lord help you if YOUR late five minutes for the appointment) and then when you FINELY make it in to see the doctors, it's a simple, "How do you feel?", "See you in six months!", "NEXT!".

Why does it take so long to get in to see the doctor if that's all he does?  I bet I was in his presence all of 10 minutes, if that long.   

I have to go to these appointments or I don't get supplies for my CPAP machine. 

Grrrrrr.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »

I was planning to go to the movie today and then it occurred to me that my house was a total mess and  I wasn't going to have time to do everything until next weekend, so I dove in and started cleaning.  The main floor is now respectable.  I went through all those little piles of things that I set aside to go through later, vacuumed, did a quick damp mop of the mud room and the kitchen, did all the laundry, and cleaned the kitchen.   Ah....much better.   I need to do the upstairs next, but not today. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up