Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SQUASH  (Read 11979 times)

Ginny

Re: SQUASH
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 03:53:08 PM »

We are going to venture out for some dinner - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »

I once again managed to burn a pan of boiling eggs by forgetting they were on a high boil and working on another project ...

You should bury them in the backyard. That's what DR Sandra does when she misboils eggs.

How long does it take for the chickens to sprout?

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »

The funniest weather report I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1Im1xbjWQ

It's still colder than a midget in a refrigerator, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

She had one on the 17th too.  She cracks me up

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

She had one on the 17th too.  She cracks me up

This is the same one I watched & why I had to send it to my California friend. :)  Is there a link to the other one you saw?

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »

Jane

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »

I thought the "personal invitation" routine was a riot. :)

Jane

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »

Here's the 17th...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f5hOXJJUYM

:D 

I used to get yelled at for taking Bryan out in the winter without a coat on.  It wasn't my doing he refused to wear one.  He still rarely wears coats & it has to be freezing before he needs to bundle up.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »

I'm extremely happy with Google Chrome.  It is far superior to Firefox, at least on my computer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »

From MOVIES UNLIMITED, Movie Fan Faire blog:

Bob Charkow says:
November 12, 2010 at 11:39 am

Irv - have you seen Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story? My nomination for Best Documentary, even though there's not a Phillie in it
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:17:44 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

:D TCB.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »

I have been up since nine-thirty and inundated with stuff I'd really not rather be dealing with.  I did some futzing and fixing and have managed to write a whole half page because every two seconds I am interrupted by people.  Like just now.  Singers are coming by, our rehearsal schedule for next week is now turning difficult thanks to Tuesday being Juliana's birthday and her being out of town that day - she, of course, thinks it's simple for her to come on Monday or Wednesday, but that requires the MD to come as well, and she's doing two duets so that screws up her singing partner's rehearsal.  And I will not allow only one rehearsal - that's what happened on the first two Gardenia shows and it totally does not work.  We'll see how it all plays out.

Best news is that not only will Richard Sherman be at the show, but he's now our special guest star and will be singing Feed The Birds.
Wow. Great news.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »

That was great, Cillaliz.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

Lord amighty - one interruption after another.  I've somehow managed to do three pages, but I suspect if I'm going to do any more it will be after the work session with The Singer.  But I also made some further adjustments to two other sections of the book and that involved some additions, so I've written four pages, really.  Still, I just couldn't get a flow going, which is how I work.  Every time I'd get going, the phone would ring or I'd have to respond to an e-mail or someone came by.  It was maddening.

John G.

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »

That was great, Cillaliz.
It sure was.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »

Cilla, regarding yesterday's discussion, you really need to find someone who will make sure that your wishes are followed to the letter to your three babies.  MY friends Sharry and Michael are not really cat people; in fact they have four large dogs (2 Saints, a Bernise, and one something else), but they know how important Nicky is to me.  I really care less about my possessions especially after I die; but it would kill me (bad pun) to see anything terrible happen to Nick.  You really need to find someone that you can trust, and make sure that it iis all spelled out in your will.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

The nerve of me telling a lawyer about legal matters.   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »

The nerve of me telling a lawyer about legal matters.   ;D
The nerve of you to have priorities, TCB. (I feel the same way about J.B., and since he could easily live another 20 years after me, you know I made sure it was spelled out as clearly as possible. He's going to bird people in Florida where he'll be loved and protected.)
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »

A very Happy Birthday to our very

infrequent poster, DR Charles Pogue.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »

Sometimes the will is not looked at until some time later. You might want to also write out your wishes regarding your pets and put it with your living will or other important papers where it will be found right away. It may not be a LEGAL document, but at least whoever is around when someone needs to make a decision about your pets would find it. Did that make sense?
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »

Learned a little while ago that one of my best friends had a heart attack earlier today. He lives in Connecticut and I was hoping to see him when I went to Saratoga Springs in February. I hope can. His wife posted on Facebook that he was having an angiogram today. Don't know any more.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2011, 05:54:41 PM »

Joshie is feeling much better today. Maybe the antibiotic is making the mouth ulcers heal. Or maybe the biopsy spot has healed. He is really liking the canned food.
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »

We had this young couple over to the house for dinner last night.  He's a distant cousin and she's his g.f., 22-years old and a college student.

Maybe it's me.  I have no idea.  But, over the course of the evening, names like Orson Welles, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, John Dillinger, Al Capone, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, Joe Biden, John Lennon and Charlie Chaplin (whose picture was on the wall) came up, and she had absolutely no idea who were were talking about.

:'(

It's the same thing with my 19 year old nephew, though he is very much a John Lennon fan (along with the rest of the Beatles.) 

It is pretty much impossible to get him to watch any movie made before 1995.  If it's in black & white, forget it--he will not even sit in the same room.  Judging from what I read on Twitter, he's not very different from others in his generation.
This is why colorization is coming back. And no one seems to be speaking out against it.

I see nothing wrong with colorization as long as both versions remain available.
“One thing’s universal,

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »

Once again, thanks all for the lovely B'day wishes!

Laura

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »

Prayers for your friend, John G. How scary it is getting older!
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »

I once again managed to burn a pan of boiling eggs by forgetting they were on a high boil and working on another project ...

You should bury them in the backyard. That's what DR Sandra does when she misboils eggs.

How high is that mountain in your backyard?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

Sometimes the will is not looked at until some time later. You might want to also write out your wishes regarding your pets and put it with your living will or other important papers where it will be found right away. It may not be a LEGAL document, but at least whoever is around when someone needs to make a decision about your pets would find it. Did that make sense?

Yes.  I've read horror stories of pets being taken to the pound instead of a neighbor or friend taking them.  Of course I suspect where the person lived has something to do with it. 

Jane

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »

Learned a little while ago that one of my best friends had a heart attack earlier today. He lives in Connecticut and I was hoping to see him when I went to Saratoga Springs in February. I hope can. His wife posted on Facebook that he was having an angiogram today. Don't know any more.

Best of vibes for your friend!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »

On the other hand, I could see the younger generations point about some old movies--last night I watched A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT on TCM.  What a colossal bore!  And yet it was a hit in its initial release.  Go figure...

I love that movie!  In fact, I have always thought that someone should make a book out of it.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up