Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WACKY DAY  (Read 8820 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE WACKY DAY
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2011, 07:39:39 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »

Jeffrey!  Not playing a piano bar tonight?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

I've watched two acts of the La Scala Ballet production of ROMEO AND JULIET with Angel Corella of American Ballet Theatre and I am now going to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »

Well, it would appear that we're in all-time low category, depending on what happens in the next three hours.  Of course, it's difficult when dear readers such as Pogue and Jeanne just abandon the site for weeks at a time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »

Today I saw 127 hours....ouch

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »

Tonight I saw Inception. Interesting

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »

It's snowing outside. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »

Boy, how can I add posts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

I'm a bit sleepy

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »

OH!  Did I mention I finally finished The Lacuna?

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »

It did get better in the second half of the book.  I would have liked the book much better if about 100 pages of the middle were cut out

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »

I enjoyed it.  This is the kind of movie that I think should have a prequel...how did the whole idea get started?  It seems like that could be a very interesting movie.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

I'm very sleepy.  Watching Sat night Live, but thinking I may just go to bed

George

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

When I woke up this morning, I fed my cat and went back to bed...to watch TV in my bedroom.  I had a couple of shows on the DVR up in my bedroom, so I never came down to my TV/computer room.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »

After a couple of hours of TV watching, my sister called and said that our parents are coming to her house this afternoon, so I went also.  We just chatted and played a couple of games Scrabble.  I lost both games.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »

I enjoyed it.  This is the kind of movie that I think should have a prequel...how did the whole idea get started?  It seems like that could be a very interesting movie.

I liked it ok.    I still have to see The Social Network, but I've seen all the rest of the Best Picture noms.  I think I liked True Grit, The Fighter, The King's List and Black Swan the best, not necessarily in that order.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »

Tomorrow I have to write a brief.  Seems like I've been doing a lot of that lately, but this is the last one for a while

George

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »

I liked it ok.    I still have to see The Social Network, but I've seen all the rest of the Best Picture noms.  I think I liked True Grit, The Fighter, The King's List and Black Swan the best, not necessarily in that order.

I've only seen "The King's Speech."

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »

Well, George, I think it's going to be up to you to get the totals up....night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »

Not in the mood to really watch anything - I watched a little of about six movies I TIVOd recently and now I'll just relax and play.

George

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Should I leave it in my savings account or stimulate the economy?

I am going to stimulate the economy with half of it, and pay my State Income Tax with the other half.

I use my refund to pay my property taxes and to have my car serviced.

George

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »

Not in the mood to really watch anything - I watched a little of about six movies I TIVOd recently and now I'll just relax and play.

"Futureworld" is on TV right now.  The special effects are very lo-tech...as compared to today, of course.

George

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »

TOD:

I have never broken a bone.

Neither have I...and no one in my immediate family has, either.  And as far as surgeries are concerned, I've only had my tonsils and wisdom teeth removed.

George

« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »

Most interesting book I got today was something I've been searching for for over twenty years - the original novel on which the film Woman in the Window is based - one of my all-time favorite movies - the novel is called Once Off Guard.  Up until about six months ago I'd never even seen the book - literally no copies ever came up for sale.  Then six months ago a copy showed up on eBay but it was pretty junky and barely holding itself together.  Today, a nice dealer had it - not a great copy by any means, but the dust jacket is complete and the book is in pretty good condition - and it's mine.  Certainly the price was right.

Best book today was done in a trade - I got the book of Cole Porter lyrics (the old book) signed by Mr. Porter to gossip columnist Mike Connolly.  Finding a Cole Porter signed thing is really hard so I'm happy to have this.

Congrats on your finds, BK!  I don't think that I've even seen a picture of Cole Porter's signature.

George

« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2011, 10:01:05 PM »

And I just received a call from my parents... From Ft. Lauderdale.  They're about to set sail on the Oasis of the Seas for a 7-day Caribbean cruise.  -They sounded very happy. And warm. ;)

~~~Travel Vibes for DR Jose's Parents!!~~~

George

« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »

Might of missed this here but...

Cabaret singer Mary Cleere Haran was severly injured in an accident Thursday in nearby Deerfield Beach. She was riding her bicycle when it happen.

BK recorded a couple of cds with her

I love he-- I hope she's Ok.

Sad to report that Mary Cleere Haran passed away today. She had been on life support. I have not been able to find ot any more information in the local newspapers.

:'(

George

« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »

Well, it would appear that we're in all-time low category, depending on what happens in the next three hours.  Of course, it's difficult when dear readers such as Pogue and Jeanne just abandon the site for weeks at a time.

Well, at least today won't be the actual all-time lowest day of posts.

George

« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »

And...

George

« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2011, 10:40:49 PM »

...since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up