Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEAK LOW  (Read 11667 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SPEAK LOW
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »

Page Six!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:25:39 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »

Home again! No check again. This asshole running the finances of the foundation in Philadelphia continues to work my last nerve, and I am not amused.

He must also work for the IRS.

That reminds me. Sunday I asked the church treasurer about the W2 for taxes, and she didn't know what I was talking about.

I don't have to be the psychic Miss Cleo to tell you I see a large tax payment in your future!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »

Seventy-three hours into the movie "Star" and Richard Crenna arrives. That must mean a few more days to go before this one ends. Or does it ever end? It hasn't really started yet. Well, nothing terribly interesting.

They totally ignore Gertrude's affair with Daphne duMaurier or her early attempts to get into Noel's pants, as well as Richard Aldrich's sexuality. That might have spiced the movie up!
It might have. So might a script, a director, a choreographer and a costume designer.

"The Saga of Jenny" is the nadir for me; it looks nothing like LADY IN THE DARK. I did like some of the numbers although I've really repressed most of the film. I remember I liked it better than FUNNY GIRL and HELLO DOLLY!
I liked abdominal surgery better than the kidney stone.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »

How did Elmore's response appear before TCB's?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2011, 05:31:38 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »

How did Elmore's response appear before TCB's?

That vicious old coot pulled some wires!

Laura

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »

He must be a psychic. Like Miss Cleo.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »

Or I can see the future. I hope it's the first.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »

He must be a psychic. Like Miss Cleo.

I see a huge tax payment in your future. Did Miss Cleo go to jail?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »

Well, I must be leaving.  I'm working for concessions (not ushering...darn) for the national touring company of A Chorus Line!  I'm sure that it'll be fabulous!

Be back later with a report! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2011, 05:36:09 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »

Well, I must be leaving.  I'm working for concessions (not ushering...darn) for the national touring company of A Chorus Line!  I'm sure that it'll be fabulous!

Unless they are performing the movie version.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »

OK, now that one was worse than "Star!"
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »

Why don't they remake "A Chorus Line" and make it better, instead of remaking a classic and making it worse?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »

Actually that looks more like the "jaundice" production.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »

Can you imagine all those poor people who have only seen the move version of A CHORUS LINE?  They must be wondering what all the fuss was about.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

Ben, do you know anything about the Desmond Tutu Center Hotel?
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »

Other than the fact that it's in the campus of General Theological Seminary on 21st Street in very West Chelsea, no I don't know much about it.

Are you planning a trip to NY and thinking of staying there?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

I guess I do try to increase the number of posts each day, but it would appear that I also tend to drive eveyone away from the site until after I have gone to bed.

Probably not a great trade-off.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »

Other than the fact that it's in the campus of General Theological Seminary on 21st Street in very West Chelsea, no I don't know much about it.

Are you planning a trip to NY and thinking of staying there?

Well, I am always thinking of a New York trip, Ben.  They sent me an e-mail with rates at $135.00 per night, but once I started checking, I couldn't find any nights that were actually at that price (unless I could get there today).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2011, 06:37:12 PM »

I ordered ANGLE OF REPOSE from the library & it has already been shipped, except I don't want to read it yet.  I had planned to read this as a possible pick for my next book.  Today the woman hosting the June gathering said it is her favorite book & I suggested she take it.  Over the weekend I gave a gem of a book, THE CELLIST OF SARAJEVO, to the person who needed to make a decision for March and she loved it.  Now I need to continue my search.  I only have seven months to make a decision.

If only we didn't have the paperback rule I think I would go with UNBROKEN.  I put that on my library queue & there are only 70 people ahead of me.  By the time it is available it just might be out in paperback.

Why do you have a paperback rule? Do most people buy the books and not take them out from the library?  Or does everybody live so close to each other in your group that they would all be from the same library!

We all use the same library system.  Our town has a number of used book store.  The main book store gives us a 25% discount on any discussion book we purchase & books can be ordered on-line at good prices.  It was suggested today we drop the paperback rule & one person protested.  I agreed along with only one other person.  We have broken the rule to or three times in all the years I've been in the group.  We also share as someone is always asking to borrow from others.

A good number of times a book was chose only to realize later it wasn't out in paperback yet. 

Jane

« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »

I ordered ANGLE OF REPOSE from the library & it has already been shipped, except I don't want to read it yet.  I had planned to read this as a possible pick for my next book.  Today the woman hosting the June gathering said it is her favorite book & I suggested she take it.  Over the weekend I gave a gem of a book, THE CELLIST OF SARAJEVO, to the person who needed to make a decision for March and she loved it.  Now I need to continue my search.  I only have seven months to make a decision.

If only we didn't have the paperback rule I think I would go with UNBROKEN.  I put that on my library queue & there are only 70 people ahead of me.  By the time it is available it just might be out in paperback.

Why do you have a paperback rule? Do most people buy the books and not take them out from the library?  Or does everybody live so close to each other in your group that they would all be from the same library!
With my former book club, the rule was that the library had to have the correct number of copies available. though at least one member bought hers each time.

We have anywhere between 12 & 14 members at a time.  How many were in your group?

Jane

« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »

Compared to that ruling paperback only is sounding good :)

Jane

« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

Home again! No check again. This asshole running the finances of the foundation in Philadelphia continues to work my last nerve, and I am not amused.

He must also work for the IRS.

That reminds me. Sunday I asked the church treasurer about the W2 for taxes, and she didn't know what I was talking about.

I hope she isn't responsible for filling out the forms.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »

I heard Sherlock barking in our bedroom.  When I went to investigate I found him waiting for me to play with him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »

Finally back from all the stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »

Had a good work session with The Singer, then grabbed some eggs and a bagel.  Then we began training the new helper - she's very fast and actually did some orders today, so that's good.  Then I had a lovely rehearsal with Linda and Greg and the show is just terrific.  I'm still trying to see about going to Florida but it's coming up so quickly I just don't know.

John G.

« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2011, 07:44:28 PM »

With my former book club, the rule was that the library had to have the correct number of copies available. though at least one member bought hers each time.

We have anywhere between 12 & 14 members at a time.  How many were in your group?
Five.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up