Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS  (Read 16674 times)

Laura

Re: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 07:42:53 AM »

Good morning. I am waiting for DR Sandra to wake up to see if she wants to go for breakfast. Something besides oatmeal for a change!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »

DR TCB hope you get better/feel better soon. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, I am completely disgusted by the behavior of your co-worker. What kind of person would apply to get a day off to make sure someone who has a medical has to go in to work??

I personally would have gone above her right away and explained that she only did this so you couldn't stay home with your medical condition.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »

Morning all.

I slept very late (for me) today. I got up around 9:45am. I'm feeling much better. 12 hours of sleep can do that for you. There is still some soreness but no pain and the soreness has subsided since yesterday as well. Also the gas that they pumped into my abdomen is passing as well. My stomach was somewhat distended and before I left the hospital the nurse said part of the operation involves pumping carbon dioxide gas into the abdominal cavity to allow room to work and allow the surgeon to see. They get rid of most of it at the end of the operation but some remains and the body expels it naturally. I now don't look pregnant though my navel is heavily bruised. The other two small incisions don't look so bruised. I can also sit and stand more easily so I know I'm healing.

That's enough medical talk. I don't know what we will watch this weekend. We have lots to choose from so we will play it by ear.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »

Good morning. I am waiting for DR Sandra to wake up to see if she wants to go for breakfast. Something besides oatmeal for a change!

Two eggs, over easy, bacon, cheesy home fries, rye toast with butter and apricot jam and a bottomless cup of coffee with half and half, that would be my choice. But my cholesterol also prevents me from eating meals like that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:32 AM »

Good morning! After deciding to hire a part time assistant I went back to bed and actually slept. That felt very good

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »

Glad to see DR Ben is recovering so quickly!   Continuing vibes

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »

I'm up and the strained muscle in the middle of my chest is still rearing it's ugly head.  We move on...

iPod - been listening to podcasts and have started to listen to some opera.  I need to create a program that will flash super titles on the radio display in my car.   I do realize it would be terribly dangerous, but still, very helpful for the driver and passengers alike.

Laura

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »

That would be my choice, too, Ben.

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 08:07:28 AM »

I would go for that breakfast too!

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 08:10:50 AM »

Ok, time to pack and get ready to go. I've decided not to take my laptop with me, so I'll be out of touch for a couple days.

Laura

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »

Well, we are on Day Three of our storms. Nothing yet.

The first day of our expected storms, there was a ten percent chance of rain. Um, that's a ninety percent chance of no storms in my opinion.

Laura

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »

Safe travels, Cillaliz!

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »

Have a refreshing weekend, DR Cillaliz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm really getting tired of the ConEd and Time-Warner trucks outside my window. They worked on the west side of my street yesterday, and today it looks like they're working on the east side.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »

Travel and fun vibes to Cil

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »

DR Ginny - ~~~~~VIBES TO YOUR AUNT AND TO YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »

Muscle relaxing vibes to Matthew.

Ben

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:19 AM »

Vibes to Ginny's aunt and family.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »

DR Cillaliz - Have a great time this weekend!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »

The Con Ed truck has been wreaking havoc with our boiler. They've been working on the street over the past few weeks and since we have a gas boiler, when Con Ed shuts down the gas for a while our boiler goes out. It's not a problem right now because it's almost 60 degrees but when we had the cold snap it caused lots of problems.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 08:20:54 AM »

I'm up and the strained muscle in the middle of my chest is still rearing it's ugly head.  We move on...

iPod - been listening to podcasts and have started to listen to some opera.  I need to create a program that will flash super titles on the radio display in my car.   I do realize it would be terribly dangerous, but still, very helpful for the driver and passengers alike.

DR Matthew - If the pain continues, you may want to get checked out to see if you have a cracked rib. It can happen.

I know there are some cars that "project" the dashboard and GPS directions on the windshield. I'm guessing supertitles couldn't be that far behind.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »

Thank you, DRs Jose and Ben.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »

I know there are some cars that "project" the dashboard and GPS directions on the windshield. I'm guessing supertitles couldn't be that far behind.

Wow. What'll they think of next?

I don't even have electric door locks on my car.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »

Today is another Encores! day. Yesterday, joshie and I worked through the entire "Pernambuco" ballet which took us four hours, and I have a few fixes to do this morning. After that I ran to an audition to hear Kasey Marino sing. I'm looking for young performers who can do music from 1900 to 1940 with legit voices; I don't want "American Yodeling," I don't want big band crooning. I want good  "Broadway" singers who can give me a legit sound. Most operatic baritones sing with a covered sound. I want a good young legit Broadway baritone like John Raitt or John Reardon. My goal is to find several young sopranos, belters, tenors, and baritones for this project begun with the Herbert songs. Ideally, my goal is to find the new generation of Rebecca Luker, Judy Kaye, Jeanne Lehman, Kim Criswell, George Dvorsky, Brent Barrett, Hugh Panaro, David James Carroll. I love them all but they will not stay young forever except in my mind.

DR elmore - If you don't have any plans tonight, you may want to head down to The Gershwin Hotel for my friend's Kurt Weill cabaret.  She's assembled a great cast of singers, and some of them may just be what you're looking for.  -And if you can't make it down there tonight, you can at least check out their names and bios on the website:

kurt weill uncovered
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »

...and Richard has come down with a cold.  Perfect.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:37 AM »

Aww. Feel better vibes to Fr. Richard.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 08:44:57 AM »

I gave up on Sandra. Oatmeal with blueberries and brown sugar.

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 08:45:02 AM »

Thanks, DR Laura.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »

And speaking of young singers, a friend of mine had an extra ticket to the joint presentation of The Bartered Bride by The Metropolitan Opera and The Juilliard School last night, so I joined him...

First of all, it was my first time in the Peter Jay Sharp Theatre. What a gorgeous facility! Great sightlines, great acoustics, a big stage and a big orchestra pit (with hydraulics!).

As for the opera... The leads were comprised of singers from The Met's Lindemann Young Artist Development Program and/or Juilliard's advanced Voice division, and the Juilliard Orchestra was led by none other than Maestro James Levine. -And Stephen Wadsworth was the stage director. It was quite a wonderful evening all around. Beautiful singing, spectacular playing, and even some fine dancing courtesy of Juilliard Dance. The "circus interlude" at the top of the Act 3 was particularly enjoyable.

This was the first presentation in this collaboration/experiment, and it seemed to work very well. Additionally, the production used a new translation by J.D. McClatchey, and, apparently, this is a trial run for an expanded version for the Met's 2012-13 season.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2011, 08:54:27 AM »

And since I just heard a loud "scrape", followed by a "crack", which was then followed by a couple seconds of flickering lights...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up