Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FLITTING ABOUT WITH GAY ABANDON  (Read 10243 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FLITTING ABOUT WITH GAY ABANDON
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:48 PM »

Page three dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »

I had to go to the doctor's this morning to take a blood test again. It seems that the last blood I took, to determine that I have been immunized against mumps, measles and rubella, was screwed up in the lab. They only tested for mumps. And I need this for my online school. Apparently they've confused computer viruses with real ones.

Whatever the reason, the school is not going to let me enroll for summer semester if I don't have these results. What an irritation.

That's pretty weird. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »

As If By Wizardry Page 3

Danise

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »

Just quick hi all!  Just got back from the eye doctor.  My eye does have some scratches on it and the eye itself is swollen.  He said it looked like the scratches were already starting to heal but he wants me to rest my eyes as much as possible--no reading or going on the computer until Sunday.

He also said I should be able to start wearing my contacts on Sunday but if I could hold off until Monday it would be better. He couldn't look under my eye lid because of the stitches but since I don't seem to feel like the contact is in my eye he thinks it isn't there.  Of course when the swelling goes down and if I start to feel like it is I need to go back to him.

He also said the contact more than likely saved my eye from worse damage because it would have taken the hit before my eye did.

So with what he said in mind, I'll sign off for now.  I'll be on again tomorrow later in the day for a moment or two.

Vibes and hugs to all.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »

We are going to take Sherlock for a nice walk in the snow.  After we return Keith & Craig will go clean our long, long driveway & part of the road.

Sherlock is trilled to finally see snow again.

Nothing like a good trill!

:D

He was trilled, or thrilled :)  Photos later.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 01:16:19 PM »

Kerry, "Ceremony" is a book about a man who returns home from war with a lot of emotional baggage from what he has experienced. He's half-American Indian, half-white, and as the Cher song told us, he's accepted really by neither including some of his own family. It's got some major cliche problems and too much of it is self-consciously writerly. The words are pretty and they make sense, but the pretty words don't add much to the feel or to the story.

It's the latest book I have to read for class. It's not as bad as the other books I've had to read so far, but it's not great, either.

I thought you asked because he "is a half-white Laguna Indian"
;D
Yeah, that, too. It's not as good as Kingsolver. But it's shorter. Only 265 pages. I'm about halfway through. That's what matters.

LOL not as good!  I think I'll pass since I enjoyed Kingsolver's book so very much.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »

I had to go to the doctor's this morning to take a blood test again. It seems that the last blood I took, to determine that I have been immunized against mumps, measles and rubella, was screwed up in the lab. They only tested for mumps. And I need this for my online school. Apparently they've confused computer viruses with real ones.

Whatever the reason, the school is not going to let me enroll for summer semester if I don't have these results. What an irritation.

DS Bryan had to do this before going to medical school which makes sense.  An online school does not.  Do you have to titer because you don't have medical records showing the dates of your vaccinations or does everyone have to titer?

Jane

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

DR Danise I'm relieved the scratches are already showing signs of healing.

CONTINUED EYE HEALING VIBES!!!!

Laura

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

This is hilarious!

Look at it as immunizing yourself so the children don't catch something from you. It's for the children.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »

DR Danise I'm relieved the scratches are already showing signs of healing.

CONTINUED EYE HEALING VIBES!!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »

This is hilarious!

Look at it as immunizing yourself so the children don't catch something from you. It's for the children.

Good way to look at it DR Laura.

If you lived in Ashland you would want to protect yourself from all the children who have not been vaccinated. 

John G.

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »

DS Bryan had to do this before going to medical school which makes sense.  An online school does not.  Do you have to titer because you don't have medical records showing the dates of your vaccinations or does everyone have to titer?
Yes, it was a titer test. I hope they don't charge me again. My insurance didn't want to cover it the last time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »

"Mumps" is a strange word!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »

"Mumps" is a strange word!
Yes, it is. And it's a flower, to boot. Or are those mums? But mum's the word.
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2011, 02:18:50 PM »

I did an etymological search of the word, and this is what I found:

mumps
type of contagious disease, c.1600, from plural of mump "a grimace" (1590s), originally a verb, "to whine like a beggar" (1580s), from Du. mompen "to cheat, deceive," originally probably "to mumble, whine," of imitative origin. The disease probably so called in allusion to swelling of face during the disease and/or to painful difficulty swallowing.

The mind races with ways to revive the verb form of this word.

"Having been celibate for six months, he mumped shamelessly for relief!"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »

"Well, you can mump all you want, but it will do you no good!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »

"Oh, please!  Are you mumping AGAIN?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »

Or, in the earlier form, "His face was a mump of misery!"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »

I can even imagine a "Sesame Street" character being called "Mump"...or "Mumpy".

John G.

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »

Madame, is that your dog mumping my leg?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »

Don't mump me in the outlet.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

I am back from a wonderful orchestra playthrough of the entire acore for WHERE'S CHARLEY? Rob Berman did a fantastic job and, while the songs are really wonderful Frank Loesser numbers, the dance music is amazing. "Pernambuco" wanders through Latin America, and ventures into tonal realms  of Stravinsky and Milhaud. "Better Get Out Of Here" is playful and antique. "Ashmolean Marching Society" is so brash, full of intentional dissonances that it sounds like an amateur school band with artfully thoughout moments where one instrument plays one measure behind his colleagues that you guffaw from the outrageousness of it. It was all quite wonderful and the orchestrations run from smooth and beautiful to silly and flippant. Very few scores are silly and flippant today. It was all a lot of fun.

Now I need a nap.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:27:09 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely lunch meeting at Barney's Beanery.  I had something I've never had there - a chili cheese foot-long hot dog that was so yummilicious I can't even tell you.

George

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

And in other news...Abe Vigoda is still alive.

;)

Happy 90th Birthday to Abe Vigoda!

FJL

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »

Is that a current photo of him, George?

Laura

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »

Why didn't you just get an MMR shot, John?

Laura

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »

I had a tetanus/whooping cough/diphtheria shot last month. Two years after getting a tetanus/diphtheria shot. For the children.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »

You couldn't get just a whooping cough shot?  Was there an epidemic of whooping cough that you needed to add it?

Jane

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

It was almost death by dog today.  First Sherlock attacked me right after I took his photo.  He does that when I shoot while kneeling on the ground.  After I got up he jumped and grabbed one end of my neck scarf & practically strangled me.  ;D

Look at his face just before he charged.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »

He had fun in the snow today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up