Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRYING DAY  (Read 9459 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE TRYING DAY
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »

I have never heard of a moving taxi before.  Is it just a regular taxi that you can get for moving or is it a moving van or truck?

Well, that's what they call it. It's basically a big(!) mini-van - like the one that DR Jane posted - with no seats. They call it a "taxi" since a driver drives it to your home, then drives you to the storage facility. -And, as I found out, as long as you're renting from them, you can use the service for free. So, I can also use it when I start moving things into my new place.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »

DR Jose, why did you all have to move out? I know the building sold, but are they tearing it down or something?

Well... Since there's a new owner, they can raise (or lower?) the rent, and not have to follow the rental laws in New York City. -There's a certain percentage cap on yearly rental increases.  There was no way I could have afforded the new rent. They are also getting ready to install new floors, new appliances, re-do both bathrooms and re-landscape the backyard area. KA-CHING$$$$ So...

Additionally, two of my roommates were moving out anyway, and the early search for new roommates was not panning out. So...

We actually got the notice a month ago - 30-day notice - so everything is on the up-and-up on their end. I just got busy with work and various projects - including five days in Atlanta for SETC - so I wasn't able to concentrate on getting things packed up until this past weekend.

And now with my gig down at Arena Stage coming up in two months, well... It all seems to have worked out for everyone.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »

And since I do want to get up early and finish everything else...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

Rehearsal was very good, and all music and CDs have been picked up by our performers.  I got some almonds and dried CRANBERRIES for my snack.  I haven't had one minute for the last two days to actually sit on my couch like so much fish.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up