Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRYING DAY  (Read 9737 times)

Laura

Re: THE TRYING DAY
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »

I hope your internet stays fixed, KevinH. Man, I hate it when I break the internet.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

I got half of my move done.  Well, from the looks of the apartment, more like 3/8's of it.

The moving taxi ended up coming right at the beginning of the pick-up/moving window.
My friend, Brendan, ended up getting caught in some traffic coming back from Newark.
Etc., etc., etc...

Thankfully, I kept my cool, and didn't break down in tears when the driver showed up. And, thankfully, the driver was very friendly and helpful. He even helped me load and unload the boxes into the truck - which, technically, he is not supposed to, well, is not obligated to do.  And he even gave me a bit more loading-in time than what is normally allotted.

And, most thankfully, when I called my landlord to tell them that I would need more day to move my stuff out - I made another pick-up/moving appointment for tomorrow afternoon - she said, "That's fine."

Whew!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »

DR KevinH - Welcome Back to the Interwebs!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »

So...

I'm gonna spend a few more hours tonight organizing the boxes and setting them up by the door so that when the moving taxi comes tomorrow they can go right in.

And I'll also have a bit more time to tidy-up the place before I vacate, at the very least, give it a good sweep for ole time's sake.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

Caught up but now must leave for a meeting at cjhurch --- laters
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

Oh...

And at least the cable it still working too. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2011, 04:47:33 PM »

And speaking of moving...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »

Yes, I forgot that's why Dan was in NY.  He's great.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »

DR ELMORE - perhaps someone in the office is in need of another computer - for awhile.

There will be no one in the office after I leave. Maybe I should call my Mac man and tell him to come and get it.

Is is definite you, or anyone, will not be returning to this project?

After the ass' email today, I will never return to the job.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

I got half of my move done.  Well, from the looks of the apartment, more like 3/8's of it.

The moving taxi ended up coming right at the beginning of the pick-up/moving window.
My friend, Brendan, ended up getting caught in some traffic coming back from Newark.
Etc., etc., etc...

Thankfully, I kept my cool, and didn't break down in tears when the driver showed up. And, thankfully, the driver was very friendly and helpful. He even helped me load and unload the boxes into the truck - which, technically, he is not supposed to, well, is not obligated to do.  And he even gave me a bit more loading-in time than what is normally allotted.

And, most thankfully, when I called my landlord to tell them that I would need more day to move my stuff out - I made another pick-up/moving appointment for tomorrow afternoon - she said, "That's fine."

Whew!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!!!  CONTINUED MOVING VIBES!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »

And speaking of moving...

Laters...

Can you send that truck down to Toyland when you are finished?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2011, 05:38:56 PM »

DR elmore-- I read once that missing items are usually within 18 inches of where they should be.  Not sure if that applies in your case!

Well the scores are 11x17, so they should be pretty apparent!

Hope you didn't box them and send them to Ohio

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »

The MGM situation re licenses is getting really ugly now - I may not be able to continue with them after the dust settles because it is really starting to irritate me now.  I have given these people over 115K in license fees and have never caused them a moment's worry in anything, unlike others they deal with.  So, unless the attitude adjusts, I'll have to start looking elsewhere.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2011, 05:42:10 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

Etc., etc., etc...

Whew!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear your landlord is being reasonable about the move.  You've been a good tenant and she should give you a little slack

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

Vibes to Elmore.  I hope you get the rest of your things out of there ASAP.   If I was there I would be hauling them for you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »

I have never heard of a moving taxi before.  Is it just a regular taxi that you can get for moving or is it a moving van or truck?

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2011, 05:56:06 PM »

Today I called the theater about my passes.  The "manager" I talked to said she isn't the general manager and he wasn't there, but he told her that they were coming or were in so she's going to talk to him about it.   Hopefully before the end of the week I'll get my passes

Jane

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »

Cilla it is rather shocking how difficult collecting your prize has been.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »

I have never heard of a moving taxi before.  Is it just a regular taxi that you can get for moving or is it a moving van or truck?

Is this what it looks like?

Jane

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

While changing for bed last night I noticed all the bruises on my left leg and rushed into the kitchen for my nightly shot.  Not I know why I kept bruising myself last week, so I wouldn't forget my shots. ;)  So far this week I don't have a single bruise on my right thigh.  I normally only bruise once in awhile & not nearly as bad as last weeks bruises.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »

Vibes to Elmore.  I hope you get the rest of your things out of there ASAP.   If I was there I would be hauling them for you.

That's really sweet of you. Thanks! It isn't a great deal but it's all awkward to handle: books of various sizes and all of the BABES IN TOYLAND scores I copied in 1990 for the Houston Grand Opera. I did email my Mac man to see if he wanted the computer. If he or one of his crew wants to come and pick it up, that would be great.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »

Today I called the theater about my passes.  The "manager" I talked to said she isn't the general manager and he wasn't there, but he told her that they were coming or were in so she's going to talk to him about it.   Hopefully before the end of the week I'll get my passes

This is so ridiculous! Why did the jerks offer a prize if they're going to make it so difficult for you to obtan it. I hope it all works out soon for you.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Re: lost objects, mine are usually right where they should be, but somehow I just didn't see them. Don't ask me how; all I can say is that I have an amazing ability to look right at something and not see it.

I tried that with my ex-wife.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »

DR Jose, why did you all have to move out? I know the building sold, but are they tearing it down or something?

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »

TOD:

I don't know from Alan Menken, and none of those songs sound familiar

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »

I am not sure how much any of the HHWers are keeping up with the disaster in Japan, but this video really shows the force of the tsunami. It just obliterates this city block.

From what I have heard, there was only about 20 minutes or so between the time the earthquake hit and that tsunami hit, in some areas. Certainly explains the large loss of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MR7u8xSr-8

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2011, 06:44:13 PM »

TOD:

I don't know from Alan Menken, and none of those songs sound familiar

I am surprised MBarnum, he has written songs for a lot of cartoons!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

Cilla it is rather shocking how difficult collecting your prize has been.

I know... I don't quite get it.  I don't think it's intentional to not give it, I just think that no one bothered to think about getting the passes before they had the contest so now they are scrambling.  The company has a number of theaters, they are more of a local chain, ie all theaters within about 200 miles

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

Today I called the theater about my passes.  The "manager" I talked to said she isn't the general manager and he wasn't there, but he told her that they were coming or were in so she's going to talk to him about it.   Hopefully before the end of the week I'll get my passes

This is so ridiculous! Why did the jerks offer a prize if they're going to make it so difficult for you to obtan it. I hope it all works out soon for you.

Oh, it will.  I blame the newspaper.  It's their contest.  I have no qualms about bugging them until I get them.  I shouldn't have to do it, but I will.   I think tomorrow I'll start calling daily until I get them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »

Oh, it will.  I blame the newspaper.  It's their contest.  I have no qualms about bugging them until I get them.  I shouldn't have to do it, but I will.   I think tomorrow I'll start calling daily until I get them.

Squeaky wheels and oil I understand completely; it's my M.O.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up