Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEPING BEAUTY  (Read 10109 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SLEEPING BEAUTY
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:11 PM »

And if you say we agreed not to fight it, isn't that almost the same as saying we agreed to it?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »

I'm not nice because Laura's photo and comments made me laugh. ;)

It was there, and still is.  I couldn't get it to quote.  I clicked & clicked and nothing happened.  I think it was timing out.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »

'nuff said

Jane

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »

LOL, yup that is called a pay cut.  I'm glad you have been vindicated.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

I made my corned beef and cabbage last weekend, but decided to go to a local Irish bar (it's not a pub) and have their version for lunch.  OMG it was terrible.  They had those little round canned potatoes and just heated them.  The corned beef was ok but the cabbage had no flavor.   When I finished the bar tender (I was drinking ice tea, it was noon afterall)  asked how it was.  I said "Mine's better" and 5 or 6 people burst out laughing. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 04:13:27 PM »

Oh, I should add one thing to the ruckus I kicked up.  The Bar Assn is now notifying everyone about everything they are doing on the issue, asking people to call legislators and doing what they should have been doing all along.   Sometimes you have to really tick people off before they take action.   

Jane

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »

Oh, I should add one thing to the ruckus I kicked up.  The Bar Assn is now notifying everyone about everything they are doing on the issue, asking people to call legislators and doing what they should have been doing all along.   Sometimes you have to really tick people off before they take action.  

You did some good then. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »

I was trying to speed through all of the posts that I missed last night.  I was moving right along until I got to this post:

Richard's MacBook was admitted to the computer hospital to receive a new hard drive.

I read Richard's MacBook as someone's name and I guess I missed that it was a computer hospital.  So, I was shocked to read that he received a new hard drive!  LOL!  I am still laughing.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 04:37:26 PM »

And the word of the day is: APPOSITE!

That is what they called the chairs at The Last Supper.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »

Thanks for the comments on my Audition Movie.....

Boy, I guess I really missed this post.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »

I was trying to speed through all of the posts that I missed last night.  I was moving right along until I got to this post:

Richard's MacBook was admitted to the computer hospital to receive a new hard drive.

I read Richard's MacBook as someone's name and I guess I missed that it was a computer hospital.  So, I was shocked to read that he received a new hard drive!  LOL!  I am still laughing.

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »

I laughed at the new Borowitz Report and his comments on Michelle Bachmann's idiocy, This dumbass wants to be in politics?:
http://www.borowitzreport.com/

That is quite hilarious!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »

Seriously, if your pay goes from 50 per hour to 45 per hour how do you say it's not a pay cut.   that's the gist of this whole discussion

It's a pay cut, if I've ever seen one!

Thank God we're off page 2!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »

I made my corned beef and cabbage last weekend, but decided to go to a local Irish bar (it's not a pub) and have their version for lunch.  OMG it was terrible.  They had those little round canned potatoes and just heated them.  The corned beef was ok but the cabbage had no flavor.   When I finished the bar tender (I was drinking ice tea, it was noon afterall)  asked how it was.  I said "Mine's better" and 5 or 6 people burst out laughing. 

They should have given you free green beer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »

I'm downloading the last of the 102 songs. It looks like there will be two sets: 2-CD set of piano and cello-piano music and a 4-CD set of 102 songs by Victor Herbert.

I think we should do the songs in chronological order, from 1890 to the posthumous songs ending around 1940. Herbert died in 1924, but one of his most famous songs, "Indian Summer," was cobbled together by his publisher around 1934 from a piano solo written around 1906.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »

I am craving Indian food and can't find anyone to go out to dinner with me. Ron and Pat are in South America and Jim is in Westport, Washington (of all places).

I guess I will go stag.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »

I need to put on my cheaters.  I thought that Cilla wrote that she went to a local Irish bar and had their venison for lunch.  I didn't think that sounded very Irish.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:41:11 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2011, 05:54:43 PM »

LOL, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »

I need to put on my cheaters.  I thought that Cilla wrote that she went to a local Irish bar and had their venison for lunch.  I didn't think that sounded very Irish.

Do you make this stuff up to give us a good laugh? ;)

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »

I am craving Indian food and can't find anyone to go out to dinner with me. Ron and Pat are in South America and Jim is in Westport, Washington (of all places).

I guess I will go stag.

I will go!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »

Goodness, we have been a quiet group today!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

I guess I will go stag.

I will go!!!

I will go too, as long as you stop off first at McDonald's so I can fill up.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »

Do you make this stuff up to give us a good laugh? ;)

No, I swear!  I kept looking at that post trying to figure out why she would order venison at a Irish Pub.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »

This tragedy in Japan is wrecking havoc on my sleep schedule.  I  just can't seem to turn off CNN.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

Happy St. Patricks Day all!

Well, I made the cabbage I posted about but have to confess that while it was better then boiled cabbage, if I never had it again, I don't think I would miss it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »

This tragedy in Japan is wrecking havoc on my sleep schedule.  I  just can't seem to turn off CNN.

Tuesday ngiht I was watching my hunky friend Anderson Cooper.  His show starts at 7:00 p.m. on the West Coast.  At about five minutes to eight, Anderson reports this BREAKIING NEWS FLASH saying that the Japanese has just announced that all of the workers had left the nuclear plant.  Anderson is shocked.  Sunjay is horrified.  Jim Walsh says this could be the end.  Anderson says we will be back after this break.....................................  The show comes on again and it is now a rerun of the last hour of the program!  I was throwing everything I could think of at the TV screen.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2011, 06:24:37 PM »

Well, I made the cabbage I posted about but have to confess that while it was better then boiled cabbage, if I never had it again, I don't think I would miss it.

Sure and begorrah, DR Danise!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »

I'm afraid I've been sucked into the City/Farmville worlds on Facebook and need to get out!   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »

I'm also very sorry about what is going on in Japan.  I'm amazed by how many people at work are effected by it--knowing someone who is there and wondering if they are ok. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »

Sure and begorrah, DR Danise!
  Top of the Evening to you, Sir!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up