Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MY NIGHT AT THE THEATER  (Read 13168 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: MY NIGHT AT THE THEATER
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

On to Page Four
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »

Am braising oxtails for dinner. Have never made this before, and it's rather disgusting. But the flavor has always haunted me. Definitely in my top five favorite dishes. I just may have to leave the cooking of it up to others, though.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »

Sorry about your suspension, Fred.

As am I.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »

I grew up eating oxtail stew and it was fantastic.  I only made it once & learned what happens if you use too much barley. ;D

John G.

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »

I grew up eating oxtail stew and it was fantastic.  I only made it once & learned what happens if you use too much barley. ;D
No barley in my recipe. Just onions, red wine, seasonings, garlic and shallots. And oxtail.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »

First two reviews of "Book of Mormon" have been really bad, but one was from Terry Teachout and that's not unexpected.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »

Variety and Hollywood Reporter are raves for BOOK OF MORMON.  Likewise L.A. Times and Washington Post.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »

Re Book of Mormon - I think it's probably a fun show that's not great - however, you're going to find a lot of critics who jump on the "got to be hip" bandwagon.  It happens with every single show like this.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »

As to bullying, those who've read Kritzer Time know I was regularly bullied and it was much worse than in the book, where I basically boil it all down to one person doing it (and yes, he does get his, just as he did in real life, albeit in a slightly more devious way) - the reality was it was several people who were relentless about it.  No violence, just verbal threats and endless harassment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »

Jrand - very frustrating when people don't listen to the people withe facts ---

How true!  A friend of mine sent me the e-mail about July of this year having five Fridays, five Saturdays, and fvie Sundays.  Something that won't happen again for 800 years.  Fine and dandy, except that it isn't true.  Since she had sent it to everyone on her address book, I thought she might want to know that it was false.  So I wrote back and said, "Sorry, but this isn't true."  We have been friends for twenty years, and she knows that I almost always check things out before I forward them on to my address book.  But she writes back, "How so?"  Not thanks for telling me or anything else; like she thinks I am making the whole thing up.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

Meanwhile, Ann and Mike apparently removed two posts that were apparently supportive of me this afternoon.

Bullying comes in various ways, and the bullies know they're evil, but Ann Miner and Mike Reynolds probably don't recognize their own evil.  IMHO, that makes them ever scarier, evil people that cloak their evil in business as usual.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, John G, Jane, and George.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »

And we just passed Gary, IN, so we should be arriving in Chicago in about 30 minutes, just 20-ish minutes late.

Named for Albert Gary of judiciary fame!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »

Jesse21 on T.B.'s All That Chat liked BOOK OF MORMON.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:07 PM »

Hey Laura - any houses in your neighborhood up for sale?

As a matter of fact, yes, right down the street.

LOL!  ;D  I thought you were answering Dan-the-Man's question about straitjackets.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2011, 05:42:21 PM »

NY Times article about elmore's friend Chase Brock becoming SPIDEY choreographer

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/a-new-choreographer-for-spider-man/

George

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »

Today at work, we had a chili cook-off.  There were nine different versions of chili.  I brought my sister's vegan chili, someone brought chili that had cashews, and someone else even brought chili with lamb.  Most were pretty good and a lot of chili got eaten.  Some of my sister's was left over and I'm taking that home so I'll have food for the next several days. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2011, 05:43:50 PM »

I missed DR SwishySarah last night. Very nice to see her stop by and glad to hear that her life is swell!!

And yes, she was but a teenager when she started on HHW. She was hear even before I was. There were lots of teens at HHW back then...of course they are no longer teens...and no longer on HHW.

I was a teen when I started on HHW also, wasn't I? I am pretty sure.

Did they have teens in the Ice Age?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2011, 05:44:28 PM »

No barley in my recipe. Just onions, red wine, seasonings, garlic and shallots. And oxtail.

I was twenty when I made it & can't remember if there was wine.  Try adding some barley next time just don't add too much.  By the next morning is had absorbed all the liquid. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »

And we just passed Gary, IN, so we should be arriving in Chicago in about 30 minutes, just 20-ish minutes late.

If you are at the train station there is a wonderful bakery amongst the shops.  It is the second location for the bakery Bryan got his wedding desserts from, all of which came from the entremets menu.  The were so incredibly delicious I had to make a trip to the bakery last time I was in Chicago.  My favorite was a chocolate cake I can't recall the name of.  Fortunately Bryan & Kate told me what to get before I went there. 

http://www.vanillepatisserie.com/

Are they Vegan?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »

Well, I need to leave now.  I have to get my chili and bring it home before I go to rehearsal.

Have a good evening, all.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2011, 05:52:54 PM »

Keith was walking down Robertson Blvd not far from his house, which was also near the high school, when a bully walked up, said something rude, and knocked him out.  I can't remember if he was in elementary school or Jr. High at the time.  It was before I met him.

I don't ever remember being injured or frightened by bulling.  I was teased & called names such as fat.  Bozo the clown perms didn't help and being kept in little girl clothes as I got older didn't help.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2011, 05:53:29 PM »

If you are at the train station there is a wonderful bakery amongst the shops.  It is the second location for the bakery Bryan got his wedding desserts from, all of which came from the entremets menu.  The were so incredibly delicious I had to make a trip to the bakery last time I was in Chicago.  My favorite was a chocolate cake I can't recall the name of.  Fortunately Bryan & Kate told me what to get before I went there. 

Are they Vegan?

I'm not vegan, Craig is. They are vegetarian.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »

For dinner tonight I had a vegan patty Keith purchased at Costco the other day.  It was delicious. 

John G.

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »

Today at work, we had a chili cook-off.  There were nine different versions of chili.  I brought my sister's vegan chili, someone brought chili that had cashews, and someone else even brought chili with lamb.  Most were pretty good and a lot of chili got eaten.  Some of my sister's was left over and I'm taking that home so I'll have food for the next several days. :)
I've judged more than my share of chili competitions here in Texas. I've had chili with sugar in it (horror), chili with coconut, chili with fruit. Those are generally the neighborhood, church, business chili cook-off entries. But the serious cook-offs -- the ones with money or prestige attached -- have rigid rules. No beans. No identifiable meat. No identifiable ingredients, such as onions.

They would not take kindly to Skyline Chili here.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »

I was twenty when I made it & can't remember if there was wine.  Try adding some barley next time just don't add too much.  By the next morning is had absorbed all the liquid. ;D
Barley and the human liver.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »

Hard to believe, but the IMHO disgusting creeps Ann and Mike of All that Chat supported my "cyber-bullies/cyber-stalkers" by suspending me from their chat board for 30 days when I just tried to discuss the theater-writing-related  aspects of  the cyber-stalking and cyber-bullying issue. 

"TBAdmin" describes them perfectly.  The two of them are IMHO emblematic of a diseased administrative mind

THAT IS HORRIBLE!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »

Why didn't you just drink the wine and call it good?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

I just finished watching SCHOOL BOY TO SHOW GIRL.  Very interesting documentary.  i would like to see her perform.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2011, 06:33:09 PM »

Are they Vegan?

I'm not vegan, Craig is. They are vegetarian.

Sorry!  I didn't mean it as an insult.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up