Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIJOLES  (Read 8656 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: FRIJOLES
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55:02 AM »

TOD:

Hopefully, my copy of THE PROWLER will arrive today.
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »

I heard THE BIBLE never went into Prophets.

Ba-dum-bum!

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I have a haircut scheduled for today and some errands to do afterward.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:51 AM »

What lights?
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »

And while we're at it-- such watch.
I like boat races.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 07:29:58 AM »

DR Jrand, did you pick up Sir Lancelot at BIG LOTS? I noticed they had that set, plus a few other 1950s British TV action series for cheap.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:52 AM »

DR Laura,

I am looking very forward to DR Sandra's Kitchen Countertop video. She and Charles Phoenix should work together, they would make a very funny pair.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »

DR Jane, I was so sorry to hear about the passing of Sherlock's brother.  :'(

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »

DR Ben, many vibes for the "all clear!"

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 07:35:03 AM »

TOD media check:

DVD:
Episodes of the 1950s tv show THE SILENT SERVICE, which eventually became NAVY LOG. Not a terribly interesting show, for me, but some interesting actors show up in it.

DVR:
Last night's OUTSOURCED and THE OFFICE

CD:
The new CD  by Debi Makhsoospuri and a CD of Hindu devotional songs titled SHREE SAMPOORNA HUNUMAN CHALISA

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:16 AM »

I recall seeing Huston's THE BIBLE when it first came out at a Director's Guild screening.

I left during the Intermission.

Well, rats!  Now you don't know how it ended.

:D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:56:11 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »

I don't suppose there is any chance that Sherlock's brother had been named "Mycroft"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »

What lights?

The green light under your name and stars (top left)....when your "online", the green is bright (like it's lit up). When you are "offline", it's dimmed (like it has been turned off). 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 08:15:49 AM »

I recall seeing Huston's THE BIBLE when it first came out at a Director's Guild screening.

I left during the Intermission.

Well, rats!  Now you don't know how it ended.

:D

;D

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »

This is really not meant to be a sales pitch; more of a FYI:

In 2004, I co-authored a non-fiction book with a gentleman named Warren Hull (no relation to the late actor), entitled FAMILY SECRET.

In it, we not only revealed the name of the real killer of mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, but we also detailed much of Los Angeles' scandalous political history.  Once of the key players, in fact, is Howard Hughes.

In any event, certain people were not happy with the contents of this book, and now they have made Hull and me an offer to buy the copyright, so  they can bury it. 

Even though this is more Hull's book than mine, my heart is saying "No," but my head is saying: "Don't be a schmuck.  Take the deal."

If this deal does go through, the book will, in all likelihood, disappear from Amazon and every other new bookseller's listings within 30 days.

So, if you're interested, this may be your last chance to get a copy:

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secret-Warren-Robert-Hull/dp/1587363801/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301064172&sr=1-3

Laura

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »

Unless the book is still making you money, I say sell the copyright and take the money.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

Unless the book is still making you money, I say sell the copyright and take the money.

That's what my head is telling me.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »

DR Druxy, are "certain people" going to track down all the library and privately-owned copies, too?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »

They would just be selling the copyright -- not buying up existing copies.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

In 2004, I co-authored a non-fiction book with a gentleman named Warren Hull (no relation to the late actor), entitled FAMILY SECRET.

In it, we not only revealed the name of the real killer of mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel, but we also detailed much of Los Angeles' scandalous political history.  Once of the key players, in fact, is Howard Hughes.

In any event, certain people were not happy with the contents of this book, and now they have made Hull and me an offer to buy the copyright, so  they can bury it. 

Even though this is more Hull's book than mine, my heart is saying "No," but my head is saying: "Don't be a schmuck.  Take the deal."

If this deal does go through, the book will, in all likelihood, disappear from Amazon and every other new bookseller's listings within 30 days.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secret-Warren-Robert-Hull/dp/1587363801/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301064172&sr=1-3

Yes, DR Druxy, take the money and run.  And then write another book about this cover-up.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »

DR Druxy, are "certain people" going to track down all the library and privately-owned copies, too?

I don't think so.

On the other hand, you might want to hide your copy in a safe place.

::)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 09:32:22 AM »

I vaguely remember being interested in THE BIBLE movie because the TV commercials alluded to there being nudity in the Adam & Eve part of the story.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »

Hmmm...I guess that e-mail I got weeks ago about THE BOOK OF MORMON was right.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »

MEdia Check:

iPod:  Green Day -- What The F@CK!

Tivo:  POCKET FULL OF MIRACLES

DVD:  FRINGE, Season One
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »

I'm up, lunch has been cancelled for today and pushed to next week.  It took me a long time to fall asleep last night.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »

Ditto. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »

Take the money.  But if the book's been out since 2004, what do they really expect to cover up??  There may not be a lot of copies out there, but they're out there. 

But buy some copies first and sell them as "out of print and no longer available" at a much higher price. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »

It rained all night long.  The sun is now trying to make its entrance.

George

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »

I was in the Indianapolis premiere of Lanford Wilson's MA RAINEY'S BLACK  BOTTOM, which is an interesting play......but it was not a pleasant experience.

We played for 13 weekends......a revival....several benefit performances....and then took the play to Ireland for a Theatre Festival......I couldn't get away from it!  :P

That's me up in the "recording booth."

Wow, Jack...13 weekends!  I've never been in a show where we've played more than five or six weekends.

George

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up