Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A CLEAVER IN THE FACE  (Read 9799 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: A CLEAVER IN THE FACE
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »

I should talk ... I wonder how DakotaCelt is making out
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:06 AM »

Delivery people are delivering.

Danise

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 08:28:37 AM »

Hi all!

I have some Turner news that I think you are going to like.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »

When last we left our scum bag contractor, he filed for bankruptcy. 

I know that most people thought that would be the end of it for me.   To be quite honest, I had my doubts as well but after reading the law, I thought I might have a chance because of what it said about not being able to discharge any debts you made by fraud.

I never expected what really happen
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »

I had sent the email to the Trustee but had not heard anything back.  It's been about 3 weeks and since I had also read that Bankruptcy cases move fairly fast, I thought I should give her a call.

She answered the phone right away and asked if I had the case number, which I gave her.

She then asked if I as going to attend the debtor meeting that was being held the next day.  I told her I didn't know anything about it and how would I have been notified?  She said I should have gotten something by mail because it is a requirement that all creditors have a chance to meet with the debtor and to dispute his/her claim.

I received nothing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »

She then asked my name again and I could hear her going though the file.  She told me I wasn't listed and what type of debt did Turner owe me.  I said it's a judgement from a lawsuit. 

Imagine her/my suprise when she looked again and told me there were NO judgements listed!  Just his credit cards and his mortgages!  I quickly assured her that there were many judgements against Mr. T if she would only go to the court web site and look.

She then said that the judge would have to be informed right away. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »

I left my phone number so she could get in touch with me but when I got home from work last night there was an email telling me that Mr. T's bankruptcy case has been.........are you ready for it?...........

DISMISSED!!!!!!!

He committed fraud on the court by not listing EVERY creditor!

What an idiot!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 08:48:54 AM »

But it just goes to prove that you shouldn't give up no matter how bad something looks. 

What I thought was going to be an uphill battle with a very good chance of loosing, turned out to be a victory not only for myself but for everyone who has a judgment against him!  I never in a million years expected that. 

I know he can try again after a few months but I don't think he's going to get it then either.  I still think I will have a good case to have it dropped (at least in my case) yet again.  And I have only to point to this incident to show that the man commits fraud like others change their socks.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »

I guess he was going for the "poor contractor caught up in the bad economy" angle and didn't want the judge to know that he scammed so many people by listing his judgments. 

Ha! 

Anyway, I am quite pleased.   Now I have to wait for the fall out of everyone ahead of me in line and see where I stand when the dust clears.

I was talking to a friend and she said if that man had any brains in his head, he would beg, borrow or steal just to get me paid off so I would leave him alone.    :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:58:37 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »

DR Danise, there are angels watchng you. Go to church and light a candle. Hell, go to church and start a bonfire.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »

I am blessed, DR Elmore.  In so many ways.  I confess, I did get down on my knees and thanked God for this victory.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
DR Jane, you will probably find this funny.  When I went to the library today with my photocopied book requests I told the lady at the front desk what had happened on Monday. She said that she has told the lady MANY times that people have complained about their slips being lost. So it isn't only me!

She also said I could contact the director of the library. But I'm unsure if she meant to 1) comment on what the lady said to me or  2) what i think is more likely - to comment about how many slips are getting lost.

The kids had an elementary school principle like that.  Every time I complained about something he innocently told me I was the only person having the problem & acted if it was me and not a real problem.  Eventually I found out he was telling every other parent that complained about the same things that they were the only ones to complain. ::)  This is the same guy who didn't call me after Bryan was jumped by a group of boys.

I think you should contact the director of the library regarding the large number of lost slips.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 11:17:37 AM »

Oh DR Matthew I am so very sorry. 

Jane

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »

From DR Cilla:
Her dog and Mia's dog are friends.  They wrestled and growled the whole time we were there.   I find that annoying

So would I.  A little playing is fine but then they should have sat quietly.

Jane

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »

From DR Ginny:
Richard taught me earlier today to use the spreadsheet program that we have on our computers in order to organize last year's medical expenses for our taxes.  I've spent the evening practicing by creating an inventory of - wait for it - my Vera Bradley collection.
;D :D

Jane

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »

And then I ended up back at the Art Institute of Chicago. And so did Monkey. :)

I had tweeted wondering if the AIC offered some sort of 2-Days-In-A-Row Discount Admission. Well, they don't, but they did respond that they thought that was a good idea. And their social media director also offered to meet me at the entrance and walk me in for free if I wanted to go back. And since I did, I did. -As did Monkey. And when I met Jocelin at the entrance, she presented me with a small gold crown for Monkey in honor of their exhibition of Renaissance Kings and Queens. :)

...And after five more hours in the AIC exploring almost of the galleries I did not make it to yesterday... :)

*I posted a bunch of pics on Twitter and Facebook.  You should be able to view most of them here: http://twitter.com/JoseSMonkey

I never cease to be amazed at the rewards you receive for tweeting.  I look forward to the photo of Monkey wearing his crown.

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »

From DR Cilla:
Her dog and Mia's dog are friends.  They wrestled and growled the whole time we were there.   I find that annoying

Thank you, Jane. No one seemed to think it was unusual or inappropriate.  I would hear "Oh, they are just wearing each other out".  I know Odie is deaf and that presents a problem, but I don't believe he can't be trained.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

I have a headache today.  I think it's allergies. I always get this way in March.  I took a generic Claritin type pill two days ago and it worked, forgot yesterday and I feel worse. I took another one just now and we'll see what happens.  I need to go buy shoes, but don't feel like it

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »

I was hoping my check would arrive today. But no.  I guess just because the government cut the check it doesn't mean that the government mailed the check

Jane

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

Wow Danise, one day later and you would be writing a different story.  I'm very glad the woman called immediately to the Judge's office.  Great news there is still hope you will receive your money back or at least part of it. 
CONTINUED VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »

From DR Cilla:
Her dog and Mia's dog are friends.  They wrestled and growled the whole time we were there.   I find that annoying

Thank you, Jane. No one seemed to think it was unusual or inappropriate.  I would hear "Oh, they are just wearing each other out".  I know Odie is deaf and that presents a problem, but I don't believe he can't be trained.

Training is with voice and hand commands.  There shouldn't be any problem & unfortunately dogs like this are the reason there are many places Sherlock isn't permitted.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:29 AM »

I was hoping my check would arrive today. But no.  I guess just because the government cut the check it doesn't mean that the government mailed the check

lol-sad but true.  CHECK RECEIVING VIBES!!

KevinH

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

Good afternoon from chilly Northern Virginia.  We've actually got snow in the forecast for tomorrow!   It was 81 degrees a week or so ago and now this!

KevinH

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »

Have any of our New Yorkers seen The Book of Mormon?  The reviews are mostly raves.

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 11:37:38 AM »

DR Danise that's good news.  The bankruptcy trustee is exactly the right person to contact.  If you hadn't been on top of it, there may have been a way to set it aside, but this is so much easier and so much better

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »

Thanks Jane

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »

Back from various and sundried errands - I picked up one package and the important envelope.  I left right after the delivery this morning - the item delivered, however, was missing a small but important part, so I made a call and the small but important part is being Fed Exed to me - supposedly it went out today and I'm hoping it arrives on Monday.  If it didn't ship today, then it looks like Tuesday, presuming it was sent overnight, which it best have been.

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  We are back after a most entertaining day.  First we went to the antique appraisal that was a fundraiser for the Middletown Historical Society.  The guy was quite informative, but needed to brush up on his Middletown history a bit.  We left there right after the lunch break to head to Oxford for the matinee performance of

Grand Night 2011:  The Great American Songbook

Throughout the show, I kept envisioning "Grand Night 2012:  The Orchestrations of Alumnus Larry Moore."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »

After a day spent with Vixdad and some friends playing a game we are off to see the Vixter's final night in her final high school play --- expect tears

vixmom

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

anyone heard from TCB?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up