Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER  (Read 15033 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »

OOOH!!!

Maybe everyone else is in my back yard taking care of my neglected yard work
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »

Nope ---- oh well

vixmom

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »

OH!  JRAND must be at Auditions now!!

vixmom

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »

VIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBE SVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIBESVIB ESVIBESVIBESVIBES

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »

Alright enough of me   I will go away now and perhaps someone sensible and interesting will come and post

Ben

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2011, 01:39:11 PM »

The board does seem wonky today.

Ben

« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »

I have both computers all set up although the desktop is still not where it's supposed to be. We are contemplating a new desk and hope to find one before we move the old computer out. We would prefer not to do that twice. Also, Anthony wants to do a few things on the old computer (familiarity) before we move the new one in. We have two working desktops and two working laptops although the old laptop is now stored under a chair until we take it out to Long Island over Easter weekend. We have essentially stopped using it.

All the software works, the disk drives do what they are supposed to do, the memory card reader works, the new speakers work (the old speakers went wonky on us), I can record the BBC over the Internet., the high speed Internet works, flash drives work, Office 2010 works and all older documents open without a problem and I'm happy. I made the right decision in replacing the computers. We are now up to date and will be for at least another 2 to 3 years.

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:04 PM »

I went biking again today. Only 35 minutes. Good thing I came back because it was just starting to rain.

There are so many people biking the past few days. Even though it's only high 50s and low 60s I think everyone is so sick of winter. You would think it was summer by the amounts of people outside.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:59 PM »

DR Jose wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out who the main guy they ended up interviewing is.

I think when you wrote this it made me think for some reason that you had seen the show.  But now i understand what you meant.

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »

I am so hungry.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2011, 02:46:39 PM »

I went to the library today to see a theatre production for 4-10 year olds.

I cannot believe how irresponsible some parents are. There was one little boy (maybe 3) who was running around during the performance. And he kept pulling on the emergency door. I thought for sure that the alarm was going to go off. But the mother was not even looking at him.

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2011, 02:47:22 PM »

I also didn't like that they let a ton of people in late. I know it's only a library show. But it was very disruptive. They had people coming in 20 minutes late and not even being quiet about it.

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »

And a lot of people brought kids who were younger than 4. I get it that not everyone has someone else to watch their kids. But I"m sorry. You don't bring your 1 year old in to scream. Thankfully the lady took him out after a few minutes and just stood outside the door.

And this is the same lady who walked in with her stroller and saw my bag on the aisle seat and said she would be taking it. Maybe I would have moved if she had been nicer. But I told her i'm claustrophobic and i intentionally got there first to get that seat.

Good thing I didn't move since she ended up a) not even sitting so she could rock her kids stroller (she had moved to the aisle seat behind me). ANd b) she ended up leaving right away!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2011, 02:52:40 PM »

I'm spending my afternoon watching Tim Robbins' wonderful epic THE CRADLE WILL ROCK. I had wanted to see this when it was released and somehow never caught up with it. It's ambitious, covering a lot of American history, but the cast is quite wonderful and the filmn's design very evocative. I loved seeing Bertolt Brecht with Marc Blitzstein in Union Square before a riot, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo with Nelson Rockefeller discussing art. I had known the story of the first night of "The Cradle Will Rock" from John Houseman's biography, but I really wasn't aware of the poticial intrigues to close down the WPA and Federal Theatre. It alll seems quite relevant today.

The film I keep thinking of while I'm watching it is the glorious Les enfants du paradis, which is, I'd guess, twice the length of this film, but which covers an equally turbulent period in French history from a theatrical viewpoint and runs the gamut of social strata.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

Nice blurb from Mr. Pogue.

Very nice!  Congrats, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »

Wonderful new review on amazon for the last book:

5.0 out of 5 stars Mel, Woody and Bruce, April 10, 2011
By Joe Cascone - See all my reviews
This review is from: "There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You": My Life in the Slow Lane (Paperback)
For anyone who has, had or is considering a career in show-biz, this book should be required reading. Funny, tough, moving and always emotional, it chronicles the reality of the beast that is a life in the arts. Bruce Kimmel has seen it all and done it all, and now tells it all. "There's Mel, There's Woody and There's You" is a wonderful expose of a type of show-biz that no longer exists, as much as those of us who work in the industry wish it did. Much delightful insight is shared with Bruce's interaction with some legends of the golden ages of Hollywood and Broadway as he managed to (almost) always stay employed in some aspect of show business, with nary a dull moment in between gigs. Hilarious and heart-wrenching behind-the-scenes descriptions of many of his projects are shared as his passion for his art forms are met with a roller-coaster of receptions from studio heads, audiences and his peers. Nowhere is this more evident than with his cult film "The First Nudie Musical." And we always wind up sharing his joy and frustration through the pages as he parlays the nice successes and accolades he has received, only to turn on a dime and be dashed by another near-miss via the idiocy of some incapable studio boss, then turn again as he survives another setback and carries on. At last we are able to see what a very realistic life in "the biz" is like, something that has previously managed to escape being documented -- at least as honestly and passionately as this!

And congrats again, BK, for the Amazon review!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

DR George, a movie that I believe you were serching for a few years back, RING OF FIRE (1961) is airing in TCM soon, for your FYI.

I remember liking this movie a lot (and of course, it was filmed in Oregon). I have already set my DVR!

Thanks for letting me know, Mike! :-* I just set my DVR, too!

George

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »

And now, it's time to shower and head to rehearsal.  Today will be a full run-through and possible a cue-to-cue after that.  It's going to be a long one.  After rehearsal, I'm going to my sister's to help her move her refrigerator.  We have to move her old one from her kitchen into the garage, and then she's getting a new one, but not today.  Well, I don't actually know if she's already gotten it and we have to move both, but I'll find out.  And after that, I'm off to my friend's house to feed her cats.

Have a good day, all!

vixmom

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »

well I di d not ever do any lawn work , but after dropping the Vixter off at thelocal bowling alley I decided to revisit the gym and sicen I happedned to actually be wearing my sweats  and sneakers  and did a quick workout

vixmom

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »

not working out for 2 years has taken its toll on me

vixmom

« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »

I did a 30 minute workout and I feel as if it was 30 hours

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »

I am going to have to get disciplined about this again and start going every morning  like I used to

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »

my thigh muscles are screaming

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »

and they are using very bad language

Ben

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2011, 03:48:48 PM »

Vixmom, I know how you feel. I haven't ridden my stationary bike since December when I had the appendicitis attack. I got the OK to go back to exercising but it's not easy after almost 5 months of not doing anything strenuous. I need to get serious as well and get back on the bike!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »

Vixmom, I don't really know Sutton at all.

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »

I am watching a 1948 Bollywood film about a God who is on earth as a man and whose wife has been abducted by a demon. Now a human monkey is trying to rescue the woman while having his tail set of fire and burning down an entire island kingdom.

A talking bear, a talking vulture, a flesh eating demoness, and a one eyed creature all make appearences in between multiple songs and some dances.

Oh, and some of the guys are rather attractive and bare chested.

KevinH

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »

I went to Target earlier and picked up Mad Men Season 4 for $19.99.  I'll just put it with the other 3 seasons to watch eventually! 

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2011, 04:51:15 PM »

Sunday evening greetings from HOME!  I am using Richard's laptop, because mine is not starting up properly and I'm about to make an appointment at the Apple Store genius bar.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »

Went to the rodeo today for the 2nd time. And now I can really say (Quoting Joan Crawford) Don't fu*k with me boys! This isn't the first time I've been to the rodeo!"  I just don't know who I can say it to.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up