Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PUTTING THE BOOK TO BED  (Read 19633 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: PUTTING THE BOOK TO BED
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:39 AM »

DR JOSE did you win Gabe?  Spring the for expedited shipping, you will be glad you did.

Alas, I didn't. I got outbid at the last second by someone with the screenname, "TheDoltsWife".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »

~~~~~STAY DRY VIBES TO DR VIXMOM~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

I had purchased a TDF ticket a while back to see Wonderland. I must have been tired when I bought it because I didn't look closely enough at the final details. I thought I had purchased a Wednesday evening ticket (8pm) when, in fact, I had purchased a Wednesday afternoon ticket (2pm). The computers had come during the time I was to see the show. I took my little TDF printout, left the desktop set up until the next day and got on the F train to go to the Marquis Theatre. I then looked at the printout for the TDF ticket and noticed it was for the afternoon performance. We had just passed 23rd Street on the train. We got to 34th Street, I exited the train, went up the stairs to the downtown side and took the next F train back to 16th St. I then proceeded to set up the desktop. I think I was not destined to see the show because despite it's availability on TDF (every day for every performance) I have not purchased another ticket. I don't  think I'm missing anything.

DR Ben - I have a feeling that the staff a the Marquis would have honored your TDF voucher as a "past date" ticket. You may have just had to wait until closer to the show time to get a replacement ticket, exact seat location.

I actually thought about that but I wanted to play with my new computer more than I wanted to see Wonderland ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 09:17:32 AM »

DR JOSE did you win Gabe?  Spring the for expedited shipping, you will be glad you did.

Alas, I didn't. I got outbid at the last second by someone with the screenname, "TheDoltsWife".

I've got news for you--auctioning Gabe was DW Wife Betsy's idea.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »

LOL
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Someone asked about WONDERLAND, the new Frank Wildhorn musical? After seeing the poster, several photos, and knowing the level of Mr Wildhorn's music, I have no urge to pass by the theatre. God knows what the critics are going to report, but I did enjoy this person's review:
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1964131

I love you dearly, Larry, but holy crap - are we really linking jesse21's reviews now?    Egad!

:)  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:29:43 AM by FJL »

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »

Good morning.  I am nearly finished with laundry and have run the vacuum in the living room area - where the cats spend a lot of time.  The basement is dry but I've decided not to do any more of the clean up today.  It's supposed to rain later and I want to see if I've stopped the leak before I have to do it all over again

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »

I am tired!!!  I'm going to try to get to a movie at 1:35 pm. I think I can get that done

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

I am tired!!!  I'm going to try to get to a movie at 1:35 pm. I think I can get that done

And so you should be napping by 1:45pm? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 09:41:51 AM »

Oh...

Good Afternoon!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »

Last night I babysat little Cole so that his mummy and daddy (my neice Katie and her husband) could go out to the movies.

While putting together puzzles we had THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW on in the background. He was highly interested in the fact that in each song or musical number, everyone's clothes were the same colors

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »

Later in the evening I was flipping channels and came across The Antenna Network and I had the opportunity to introduce the 3 year old to The Three Stooges. I never saw a little kid laugh so much!

He, however, did not get THE BENNY HILL SHOW, but did wonder why his Uncle Mike was laughing so much.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »

And speaking of an afternoon...

I'll be heading down to Lincoln Center in a few to attend a concert by the Orchestre Nationale de France. Well, I'm really going because I want to hear today's soloist, Jean-Efflam Bavouzet. He's playing Beethoven 3 today. -But the other musicians on stage are supposed to be good too. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »

Someone asked about WONDERLAND, the new Frank Wildhorn musical? After seeing the poster, several photos, and knowing the level of Mr Wildhorn's music, I have no urge to pass by the theatre. God knows what the critics are going to report, but I did enjoy this person's review:

I love you dearly, Larry, but holy crap - are we really linking jesse21's reviews now?    Egad!

I don't know him from Adam. His review made me laugh. And you care because . . . ?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »

LOL, I just got up and moved the wash to the dryer.  I have decided I'm just too tired to go anywhere.  The movies will all be there until Thursday.  I'm going to stay home.  Sit. Relax. Maybe nap. Make a nice roast beef dinner and do nothing else. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »

And just because there's something very sincere, silly and joyous about this...

"So Much Better" Cover

*Be sure to adjust your volume/speakers accordingly.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »

LOL, I just got up and moved the wash to the dryer.  I have decided I'm just too tired to go anywhere.  The movies will all be there until Thursday.  I'm going to stay home.  Sit. Relax. Maybe nap. Make a nice roast beef dinner and do nothing else. 

Well... It's like when my friend, Chris, went to see Capriccio the other night at The Metropolitan Opera. I had semi-joked to him, "You're going to have a good nap." Well... He did. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »

I'm up after a nice night's sleep.  Looks like a very pretty day out, and probably will be very hot like yesterday.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »

From Cilla:
OMG Look at the face on the Easter Bunny.   If I was a kid it would scare me.  Heck when it came up on the news tonight it scared me.   "Mommy, who punched the Easter Bunny's face in"

;D I've seen a couple of photos of border line scary Easter bunny's.  They don't hold a candle to this one. ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2011, 10:16:47 AM »

Time for a nap.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2011, 10:30:51 AM »

I don't know him from Adam. His review made me laugh. And you care because . . . ?

Mainly because it's not a review, it's the opinion of a random poster on ATC.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2011, 10:46:33 AM »

~~~~~STAY DRY VIBES TO DR VIXMOM~~~~~

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »

WORK, LIFE, RUNNING SMOOTHLY VIBES FOR DR ELMORE, AND FOR ALL DR'S!!!

Jane

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »

Hi Noel, it was nice to see you "live". :)

Jane

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »

The quote button isn't working again.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »

The basement is dry but I've decided not to do any more of the clean up today.  It's supposed to rain later and I want to see if I've stopped the leak before I have to do it all over again

Excellent idea!

Jane

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »

Last night I babysat little Cole so that his mummy and daddy (my neice Katie and her husband) could go out to the movies.

While putting together puzzles we had THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW on in the background. He was highly interested in the fact that in each song or musical number, everyone's clothes were the same colors

Cute.  A sign of our times too.  I doubt that would have seemed strange to us at his age.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »

Cute.  A sign of our times too.  I doubt that would have seemed strange to us at his age.

Shhh. . .MBarnum hasn't quite figured out he's watching on a black and white set.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »

The quote button isn't working again.

This must be a problem with your computer?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »

Back from a mile and a half jog, during which the one thing that I wasn't thrilled with in my new song, the very last line, came to me and now it's just right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up