Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY LITTLE BK  (Read 12017 times)

Cillaliz

Re: BUSY LITTLE BK
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »

Tomorrow morning is the grand opening of our new museum. I've seen differing accounts, but they spent between $12-13 milllion on it and it's really cool.  Lots of interactives and high tech.   I was there for volunteer training and for the donors reception, but tomorrow will be the first day for most people to see it.  There's a program with Tom Vilsack and Ted and Joan Waitt speaking.  (Gateway Computers were invented in Sioux City) I'm not big on that sort of program, but will probably go just to see the crowd and get a taste of the excitement about the place.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »

I love Black Bear, Cillaliz. I don't go often, though.

I like it too, too much food, though.  My eggs and the sausage were really greasy this morning.  They needed to drain the sausage grease or put it on paper towels or something before they served it.   They are opening another one here in town.  It will be just down the street from me, so I'm sure I'll be going there more often.   It is more expensive than other places, but they give you SO MUCH FOOD!

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »

Think I'll head upstaris.   Good night

FJL

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

Good night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2011, 12:19:46 AM »

Well, today was a day!  This week is the cut-off for paying the bills for the books at the library and all I did was enter invoice information into our computer system so that it'll get paid by the board meeting next Wednesday.  I literally finished what I needed to finish just when I needed to leave to go to the theater for tonight's show!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »

As for tonight's show...we had probably our best audience!  They were loud and they loved all the jokes.  A couple of people who were in it the last time that TAO did it were there tonight.  They guy who played the role that I'm playing now was there.  Everyone loved it!  HOWEVER, it was our smallest audience. :-\ Only 14 people!  What's that all about??  But I'm sure that we'll do well tomorrow.  We have two shows, and one is at midnight!  It's definitely going to be a long day tomorrow.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2011, 12:25:17 AM »

...AND I will have to go to work and finish the last report for the invoicing.  It's one of those situations where something has to run overnight.  I couldn't finish it today, even if I wanted. :P

George

« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2011, 12:29:13 AM »

Hmmm...I somehow lost the book I had been reading on my daily commute--Erik Larson's THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY.  No where to be found, either in house or car, so I must have dropped in on one of the trains.  I'm in a bit of a quandary, because while I wasn't entirely enraptured by it, I do want to finish it.  Amazon is charging $8 and change for the actual paperback and $9.99 for the Kindle version.  I think I might try a used book store on the way home tonight to see if I can find a cheaper copy before I buy new one again.   Grrrrrr...

I loved this book! A creepy serial killer and the inspiration for the Emerald City, who could ask for anything more?

Just don't read it while you're eating  :P

DR Dan (the Man), you could check out a library copy...

I just returned to the Lincoln Center NYPL a score for PRINCE IGOR that I had declared lost over 10 years ago! I had even paid them for it.

If you paid for it, why did you return it?  It's yours!

George

« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2011, 12:29:59 AM »

And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NIECE AND GODDAUGHTER, EMILY!!!!!

*That's 5 !'s for 5 years. ;)

Happy Birthday to Emily!

George

« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »

And...

HAPPY 45TH ANNIVERSARY TO MY PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*And, yes, that's 45 !'s. -Alas, it's also one-day late. I didn't get the usual reminder call from my brother, Jay. :-\

Happy Anniversary to Jose's Parents!

George

« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »

DR George I'm glad the audience was appreciative. :)

Thanks, Jane. :)

George

« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »

Like to share this music video. How many movies can you name that spotlight dance moments? (both musicals and non-musicals

Warning this is a one certain four letter word used throughout the video.

I Just Wanna Fu*king Dance Video (Alison Jiear vocals) HQ video
http://youtu.be/ors7pbiT0Jc

I love this song!  This clip-fest version is pretty good, too.

George

« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »

www.fynsworthalley.com is no more. A sad end to a great man's passion and love for music

What about the actual recordings?  I wonder who owns those?

George

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2011, 12:54:36 AM »

I am off to the opening night of LION IN WINTER.  Sharry and I are being honored on the 20th anniverrsary of our production.

Congrats, TCB! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up