Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SEQUENCING  (Read 10649 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SEQUENCING
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »

As to APOCALYPSE NOW, which I saw at the Ziegfeld on opening night, words cannot express my intense dislike.

My only real memory of "Apocalypse Now" is from when I watched it in high school during my AP English class. We were reading Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness", so...

Besides the torching of the whole set, the only thing that sticks in my mind is looking over at my teacher - a nun - just sitting quietly at her desk with her eyes half-closed the whole time - especially during all of the cursing. -She adopted the same stance while we watched Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet". ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 10:17:20 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »

From DR George
As for tonight's show...we had probably our best audience!  They were loud and they loved all the jokes.

:D

Vibes for large happy audiences!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »

DR Jose thanks for the cat & kitten videos. :) ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »

There is one vendor, a farmer who is originally from the UK, and who is quite dashing. I always buy something from him, whether I need it or not....that is, when I can push my way through the throngs of middle-aged housewives who are drooling over his produce.

Alas, that probably is not a euphemism.

But it still made me smile and giggle. :)

Given the intense state of DR MBarnum's erotomania, I never doubted it was a euphemism. I was more concerned about his useless spending on merchandise merely to ogle.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »

DRGinny, thanks for the Nancy Drew sleuthing!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 10:33:36 AM »

They're asking $850,000. My brothers are such morons. $750,000 is high in the current market and that's the amount we settled on in 2007. I don't know why the asses just didn't let their greed run rampant and ask for a million.

This damned property will be sold by my state. I'll be long dead.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »

DRGinny, thanks for the Nancy Drew sleuthing!

You're welcome, DR Elmore - glad to do it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 10:39:25 AM »

DR elmore - Since I'm not sure if you were checking any of the opera boards... Margaret Jane Wray ended up going on last night as Sieglinde for the last half of Die Walküre last night at The Met. From all accounts, it was a true triumph. -Eva-Maria Westbroek was dealing with a cold and had to drop out midway.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »

DR Jose thanks for the cat & kitten videos. :) ;D

You're welcome, DR Jane.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »

DR elmore - Since I'm not sure if you were checking any of the opera boards... Margaret Jane Wray ended up going on last night as Sieglinde for the last half of Die Walküre last night at The Met. From all accounts, it was a true triumph. -Eva-Maria Westbroek was dealing with a cold and had to drop out midway.

Good for Margaret Jane! She's really wonderful. And a super fantastic lady as well. I wish her only the absolute best.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »

camelot ordered!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »

Good for Margaret Jane! She's really wonderful. And a super fantastic lady as well. I wish her only the absolute best.

Of course, now "people" are wondering just how to review last night's premiere of Die Walküre. Yes, the reviewers can critique the production and direction, but when it comes to the cast, well... We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »

OK...

Time to head out in the rain to run my one errand-of-the-day, and then I will most likely head back here and spend the rest of the day watching TV and not walking 10 miles like I did yesterday.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »

One of the videos I discovered while doing my research has been this gem from the original cast of "Destry Rides Again." Michael Kidd's choreography is all rigid, like a spoof of Martha Graham Americanisms. But when they let loose, it's a riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG4Mjq0H6Ic
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 12:01:51 PM »

I am posting from the miniscule keyboard of my semi-handy dandy new Toshiba Notebook, which I just purchased this morning.  It is bright blue.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »

Happy belated birthday to DR Sandra!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »

I had a sweet email this morning from an Italian musician whose bossa nova group has a tune that plays a lot on Pandora.  The CD is unavailable anywhere and I took a chance and used the contact button on the band's website, and indeed they have copies.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »

My sister told me the funniest story today (well I thought it was funny, she didn't).

She left my nieces (almost 2 and 5 1/2) with their father.  Apparently he left them watching tv in my sister's bed (they are not supposed to be there alone).

Anyhow when she got home she went upstairs to find the kids in her bed with all the plastic easter eggs she'd prepared for easter lying opened with all the chocolates all over the bed.

They were the big plastic eggs that you put little chocolates in.

Surprisingly they weren't eating them, just emptying all the plastic eggs.

When she asked the older child how this happened she said, "well Jadie saw them in your closet..."  :)

Not sure who went to get them or what happened next. But i thought this was the funniest thing i'd heard in a while.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »

My sister told me the funniest story today (well I thought it was funny, she didn't).

She left my nieces (almost 2 and 5 1/2) with their father.  Apparently he left them watching tv in my sister's bed (they are not supposed to be there alone).

Anyhow when she got home she went upstairs to find the kids in her bed with all the plastic easter eggs she'd prepared for easter lying opened with all the chocolates all over the bed.

When she asked the older child how this happened she said, "well Jadie saw them in your closet..."  :)

Not sure who went to get them or what happened next. But i thought this was the funniest thing i'd heard in a while.

This only reinforces my theory of childcare: kids in comas cause no problems. I'll bet your sister felt the same way.

John G.

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

:)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »

This is making the rounds among my Facebook friends:

What's your royal wedding guest name? Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on.

I'm Lady Isabel Horus-Ashton.

And you are...?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »

This is making the rounds among my Facebook friends:

What's your royal wedding guest name? Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on.

I'm Lady Isabel Horus-Ashton.

And you are...?

Sick of the royal wedding?

John G.

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »

Now, Elmore ...

I'm sick of the wedding, too. But it's a fun game, at least. Were I female, it would be Lady Cunegonde Rocky-Fairmeade, married to Lord Ivan Rocky-Fairmeade.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »

Back from breakfast and various and sundried errands and whatnot.  Shortly I'll mosey on over to the mail place and hope the important envelope has arrived.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »

I know, DR Elmore, I know, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

I know, DR Elmore, I know, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I guess I'm still in a crappy mood. I've been listening to Fredrica von Stade's wonderful recording of "If I Were You." That 20s orchestration is one of the few guaranteed pick-me-ups I know.

Michael

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »

As to APOCALYPSE NOW, which I saw at the Ziegfeld on opening night, words cannot express my intense dislike.

My only real memory of "Apocalypse Now" is from when I watched it in high school during my AP English class. We were reading Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness", so...

Besides the torching of the whole set, the only thing that sticks in my mind is looking over at my teacher - a nun - just sitting quietly at her desk with her eyes half-closed the whole time - especially during all of the cursing. -She adopted the same stance while we watched Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet". ::)

There was cursing in Romeo and Julliet?
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »

HAP-HAP HAPPIETH BIRTHDAY TO WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

What is Your Favorite Shakespearean Play?

Michael

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »

A bit of Laurence Harvey trivia regarding Camelot. He audition for the Broadway version and told his singing voice wasn't up to par. They suggested he take some singing lessons and come back audition again. He did and when he was turned down for the Broadway version he sent Lerner and Loewe the invoice for his singing lessons. When he was hired for the London production Lerner and Loewe had the cost of the invoice for his lessons deducted from his first salary check.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up