Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE STUMBLE-THROUGH  (Read 21594 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE STUMBLE-THROUGH
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:52 AM »

WISHES DR ELMORE'S DENTAL APPOINTMENT HAS GONE WELL!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »

Where has DR Ginny gone ;)  Ginny how much weight have you lost & are you still dropping pounds?  You look great!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......Comcast is now working.....on all stations.....and I haven't lost the signal yet!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:59 AM »

today we are going to go look at a house my sister from Seattle is thinking about buying - here in Indiana.

I hope it's nice.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 09:04:28 AM »

I have to judge a tequila competition this afternoon. I've judged wine and beer before, but never anything stronger. This is going to be interesting, to say the least.

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »

http://siouxcityjournal.com/entertainment/collection_5ee16eb0-97da-5e01-b44f-798c85369569.html#39

Paul and I on our way into the concert - can't get the image to come here, so the link is above

The review...Elton Delivers a Knockout!
http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/a1/article_e4f9ab4b-e1b3-50a1-afbc-9b7b8ec38e4d.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:07:07 AM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 09:08:02 AM »

Where has DR Ginny gone ;)  Ginny how much weight have you lost & are you still dropping pounds?  You look great!

DR Jane - I've been down the basement walking with Sir Elton.  After slacking off for a couple of weeks, it took a lot of effort to do my 30 minutes, but I made it.  My weight-loss numbers vary, depending on which scale I use and the time of day, but I can safely say I've lost almost 30 pounds.  I'm kind of stuck right now, but at least I didn't gain any during my travels.  Thanks for noticing!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »

Congrats Ginny!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »

Perhaps DR Druxy, a PR pro, can explain why in heaven's name a tiny niche label's press contact would refuse to answer emails over the course of two months and also decide to stop providing review product for the site that is giving said niche label its widest audience and which can also provide sales data showing tens of thousands of units of said niche label's product sold.  Oy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »

I'm having a blast with my handy dandy new smartphone, though like any typical geezer (technical term), I had to call Verizon last night to find out why a bunch of icons were suddenly appearing on my "home screen."  It turns out if you press an icon for too long it migrates to your home screen.  You can get rid of them by holding them down on your home screen and dragging them to the trash icon.  Who knew?  (Probably Jose).  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »

Great pic DR CILLA LIZ....and I am assuming you agree with the review!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »

I'm having a blast with my handy dandy new smartphone, though like any typical geezer (technical term), I had to call Verizon last night to find out why a bunch of icons were suddenly appearing on my "home screen."  It turns out if you press an icon for too long it migrates to your home screen.  You can get rid of them by holding them down on your home screen and dragging them to the trash icon.  Who knew?  (Probably Jose).  ;)

Good to know.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150186763413233&set=a.10150186763273233.302185.219039648232&type=1&theater

The Rodgers & Hammerstein page on Facebook has a ton of photos of the OKLAHOMA! reconstruction at the North Carolina School of the Arts. I wanna see it!

That looks WONDERFUL! 

I somewhat recall the Christine Andreas/Laurence Guittard revival going along that re-creation route, but I don't remember to what extent.
The photos look great, though John Mauceri is starting to look as old as Celete Holm.

Dame John has to look good. It's a Big Ego.

Yes, I am back from the Dental Clinic and I ache from jaw to jaw. The unpleasant surprise was that  I had to pay for all four fillings in full; it is not one of the procedures that will permit installment payments. I am now $380 overdrawn, but I think my invoice check will arrive before the clinic's check lands inmy bank.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »

Thanks, DR Cillaliz!  Elton John's music was great for my walk today.

Nice pic of you and Paul - sounds like you had a great time last night!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »

I had PURLIE on an 8-track tape and loved to hear it in the car!

It's a fun score (with the exception of "Big Fish, Little Fish" which seems to go on forever.)

PURLIE was the first B'way show I attended. (My parents claimed otherwise, but it's the first one I remember.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »

http://siouxcityjournal.com/entertainment/collection_5ee16eb0-97da-5e01-b44f-798c85369569.html#39

Paul and I on our way into the concert - can't get the image to come here, so the link is above

The review...Elton Delivers a Knockout!
http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/a1/article_e4f9ab4b-e1b3-50a1-afbc-9b7b8ec38e4d.html

I'm happy the concert was a big hit. Was it sold out?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »

DR Jane - I've been down the basement walking with Sir Elton.  After slacking off for a couple of weeks, it took a lot of effort to do my 30 minutes, but I made it.  My weight-loss numbers vary, depending on which scale I use and the time of day, but I can safely say I've lost almost 30 pounds.  I'm kind of stuck right now, but at least I didn't gain any during my travels.  Thanks for noticing!

Good for you, DR Ginny!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »

Now I can't get Melba Moore singing "Purlie" out of my mind...

...and she's LOUD!

LOL! (Laughing out LOUD!)   

Here's Melba Moore in PURLIE:    Was she a precursor to American Idol, I wonder?  The encore is especially thrilling, though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oFZV7fAbaE
I loved that video. "Purlie" seemed like it played forever in the early days of cable. Is the whole show available on DVD?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »

To answer my own question: Amazon has a used videotape of "Purlie" for $207. No DVD.
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »

Back from the urologist.  My 80-year-old doctor is back after having had a heart attack in November 2010.  He looks good if a bit "preserved".

Since I had some complaints, he "went in" with rubber gloves and Surgilube.  He was busy back there for what seemed a long time, but probably only 45-55 seconds.  He said the good news was that he felt no nodules.  The "other" news was that the prostate seems a bit inflamed to him.   So...antibiotics for a week or so and then more PSA tests in June and July.

Sigh.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »

Ron Pulliam, I hope the antibiotics does the trick and that's all you need.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

FJL

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 10:14:04 AM »

Healthy prognosis vibes to dear DR Ron P.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:50 AM »

Question for BK...or anybody else who knows the answer:

Where can you buy individual sheet music for older OOP songs?

Preferably in a pdf format.

It seems that, in my move to Austin, I've misplaced all of the sheet music needed for my 1-person Maurice Chevalier play.

I'm going over to my storage place in a little while to see if they're buried somewhere in there, but failing that...I've got to get new copies.

Some of the stuff will be easy to replace.  In fact, I probably have them in some books that I know are in the storage space.  But, several of the tunes, particularly the ones from the early Paramount movies (e.g. "What Would You Do?) are going to be difficult.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Hollywood Sheet Music online at hsheetmusic at sbcglobal dot net.  Fast, friendly, and easy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »

I'm up, it's gonna be another hot day and I'll do a jog soon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »

!  !  !  !  !  Healthy Prostate Vibes for DR Ron  !  !  !  !  !
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:10 AM »

DR DRUXY you might try here.

http://www.musicnotes.com/?arp=2&ca=0&cmpid=linksharesearch

http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us/?gclid=CNHvuNnDzqgCFcW5Kgod9RWPjQ

Thanks for the links.

The good news is that, after digging through my storage space for over an hour...and pulling my back out...I found the stuff.

They were stuck inside a book inside a sealed box along with a bunch of other sheets of paper.

:) ???
You can dream…or you can do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »

To answer my own question: Amazon has a used videotape of "Purlie" for $207. No DVD.

I think I have it on video, DR John G.  I'll check when I get home tonight.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »

Question for BK...or anybody else who knows the answer:

Where can you buy individual sheet music for older OOP songs?

Preferably in a pdf format.

It seems that, in my move to Austin, I've misplaced all of the sheet music needed for my 1-person Maurice Chevalier play.

I'm going over to my storage place in a little while to see if they're buried somewhere in there, but failing that...I've got to get new copies.

Some of the stuff will be easy to replace.  In fact, I probably have them in some books that I know are in the storage space.  But, several of the tunes, particularly the ones from the early Paramount movies (e.g. "What Would You Do?) are going to be difficult.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Hollywood Sheet Music online at hsheetmusic at sbcglobal dot net.  Fast, friendly, and easy.

Thank you.  I will keep this and the links send by JRand on file.

But, thankfully, I found my originals.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »

Perhaps DR Druxy, a PR pro, can explain why in heaven's name a tiny niche label's press contact would refuse to answer emails over the course of two months and also decide to stop providing review product for the site that is giving said niche label its widest audience and which can also provide sales data showing tens of thousands of units of said niche label's product sold.  Oy.

1. I would have to know the name of the label in order to comment without speculating.  [Send me a private e-mail on that, if you prefer.]

2. Perhaps they've got a new person/company handling press for them, and he/she is making changes.  [After many years, Bender, Helper Impact no longer represents Fox.]

3.  Perhaps they're cutting expenses.  [Both Paramount and Universal cut their review lists 1-2 years ago.]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up