Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT I NEED  (Read 41944 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHAT I NEED
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »

Oh DR TCB!  I hope you weren't stranded too long on the floor.  according to bryan some swelling is good to fight infection & was why he didn't ice his injured knee.

HUGS & MEGA VIBES!!!

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »

DR Jane - I think my co-worker went on those cruises with her husband.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »

What a tragic scene in Joplin!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »

Oh DR TCB!  I hope you weren't stranded too long on the floor.  according to bryan some swelling is good to fight infection & was why he didn't ice his injured knee.

HUGS & MEGA VIBES!!!

Thanks.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »

What a tragic scene in Joplin!

The footage on the 5:00 news was terrifying.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »

Greetings from our basement.  When the sirens went off the second time and we started hearing thunder, Richard and I decided to take cover.  Sounds like the worst of the weather is going south of us, but here we are...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »

Safe vibes Richard and Ginny!!!

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  So far, so good - the power is still on and we haven't heard the sirens again.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

I checked Ginny's situation at weather.comweather & read it is currently sunny with strong storms tonight.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  So far, so good - the power is still on and we haven't heard the sirens again.

maybe the sun really is out, after all you can't see it from the basement ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »

Lordy, DR Ginny! Be safe. You sound like my Aunt Dorothy. She was so terrified of tornados that she was always in the basement. 

I don't recall any tornado sirens in Middletown. when was this installed?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »

DR Elmore - the sirens were installed sometime while Rob was in elementary school.

DR Jane - even though we're in the basement and we have glass block windows, I can verify that the sun is NOT shining at the moment.

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »

Tornado warning is over - we're going upstairs to fix and omelet for supper...

Jane

« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

DR Jane - even though we're in the basement and we have glass block windows, I can verify that the sun is NOT shining at the moment.

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »

For the second time in a week a title I wanted to license has JUST been licensed by this Spanish label (for whom I wrote some liner notes for one of their first releases - sorry I did that now) - very annoying and I'm sure he's just going to keep going through the MGM list until he locks up everything that Intrada or us haven't locked up.  The thing about the title today is that there are no elements but I'd figured out how to do it - he obviously figured out the same thing, only he won't do it as well because he doesn't have my mastering guy.

That is horrible, BK.  Have you considered contacting the head of that label?

I did write him, actually.  There's no preventing this - he who moves fastest gets - but it's just weird that in five years of doing this no one and I mean no other label had figured out how to do this until apparently we BOTH did at the same time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »

Enough with this crazy weather crap.  Anyone who doesn't think the world is somehow off its axis or global warming is having its day, think again.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

vibes for all in the path of what Mother Nature is dishing up today. It's a scary year and the hurricane season hasn't even started yet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »

FJL, thanks for the Follies and Time to Kill updates. I still would love to see Follies at least once with or without an intermission. Frankly I think the intermission belongs after "Could I Leave You." "Gypsy" has a lengthy first act; end the half of "Follies" with a tornado of anger and resent as it leads into the "Follies" sequence. When people come back from emptying their bladder, the world has changed and we've left reality.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »

Elmore, have you read the Jack Tales? I just learned of them and now can't wait to lay my hands on a copy. They're Appalachian folk tales with Jack of the beanstalk fame in various other tales. Don't know if any take place at Christmas or if any music is spoken on in them, but I thought of you when one of my professors was talking about them to me earlier this evening. (We're not reading them for class; we're reading Song of Roland, the Kalevala and the Niebelungenlied instead.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »

And I think I got A's in both classes from the first semester. Finally got my analysis of my paper on the musicals of 1959. The topic was too large for the 25-page suggested limit. I wrote 44. She wanted more. The fact that I could make someone who was not interested in musicals want more made me feel good.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »

Elmore, have you read the Jack Tales? I just learned of them and now can't wait to lay my hands on a copy. They're Appalachian folk tales with Jack of the beanstalk fame in various other tales. Don't know if any take place at Christmas or if any music is spoken on in them, but I thought of you when one of my professors was talking about them to me earlier this evening. (We're not reading them for class; we're reading Song of Roland, the Kalevala and the Niebelungenlied instead.)

I've heard of them but never read them.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »

And I think I got A's in both classes from the first semester. Finally got my analysis of my paper on the musicals of 1959. The topic was too large for the 25-page suggested limit. I wrote 44. She wanted more. The fact that I could make someone who was not interested in musicals want more made me feel good.

CONGRATS!  I KNOW YOU HAVE WORKED HARD.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »

Congrats!  That's pretty cool. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »

And now, I'm off to my parents' for dinner.  I think my mom is making meatloaf...we'll see.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »

Nice article, JRand.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »

Congratulatios, DR John G!

FJL

« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2011, 06:08:08 PM »

Yay for John G's grades!

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »

After we'd been in the basement for about half an hour, we had a bite to eat and watched the TV coverage of the severe weather.  Apparently, there was some wind damage in the Dayton area and some areas are without power.  Rob might come home with some interesting stories - he's on a 3-11 practice shift with the paramedic company that came for me last August 3.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »

THE SONG OF ROLAND inspired several Handel operas. Alcina and Ariodante are two I can think of off the bat.

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for DR Cillaliz.

DITTO!

Did anyone live in the house wit Joe?

no, Jon used to.  If he hadn't fallen asleep at home, he would have been over there watching a movie when the tornado hit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up