Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT I NEED  (Read 42026 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT I NEED
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

DR FJL, I'm happy that you think Eric Schaeffer is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he's provided you with many happy viewing hours. I still think he's scum.

I can recall a time when Susan Shulman was considered s talent, too!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:50:02 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »

!!!! Page Four Dance !!!!
Cranberries!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »

I am off to a Program Committee Meeting and then a run-thru with tech....whew!

We shall see.

The list they keep giving us has shows that I have OBJECTED to for years and years and they stay on the list.  This show or that show that I like gets taken off because someone in the grocery store told the Chairperson they didn't like the show.....

SO - this is the last year of my three year term.....so they can do whatever they want next year.  Everything I like is NEVER even considered - since I don't know anything.....and with the poor ensemble we have in THE MUSIC MAN - you would think they would realize that we can't do THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE or BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.....but someone wants them....so one or the other or BOTH will likely show up for 2012.

I like working in the box office.

DR JRand, not that I don't agree with you, because I do... however, don't you think you would get a better turn out for an ensemble for newer shows like Millie and Beast?  People tend to flock to the newer shows and good people tend to want to be in the ensemble because it's a new show to them.  If it's an issue of space, tech constraints, etc... I understand that too.  BatB is a HUGE technical undertaking where Millie just requires fabulous dancing. But they are newer shows and people want to do them.

Matthew

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2011, 01:03:31 PM »

DR FJL, I'm happy that you think Eric Schaeffer is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he's provided you with many happy viewing hours. I still think he's scum.

OMG - Susan Shulman's Sunset Blvd tour was horrendous.  The things she let Petula Clark get away with and the "spoke" dialogue that was suppose to be sung... oy and vey. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for DR Cillaliz.

DITTO!

Did anyone live in the house wit Joe?

Jane

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »

Hoo and Ray - my passport came in today's mail!!!

:D

Jane

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »

DR Ron, "Who'd a thunk it?"  Thanks, that was interesting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 01:12:18 PM »

For the second time in a week a title I wanted to license has JUST been licensed by this Spanish label (for whom I wrote some liner notes for one of their first releases - sorry I did that now) - very annoying and I'm sure he's just going to keep going through the MGM list until he locks up everything that Intrada or us haven't locked up.  The thing about the title today is that there are no elements but I'd figured out how to do it - he obviously figured out the same thing, only he won't do it as well because he doesn't have my mastering guy.

Matthew

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

For the second time in a week a title I wanted to license has JUST been licensed by this Spanish label (for whom I wrote some liner notes for one of their first releases - sorry I did that now) - very annoying and I'm sure he's just going to keep going through the MGM list until he locks up everything that Intrada or us haven't locked up.  The thing about the title today is that there are no elements but I'd figured out how to do it - he obviously figured out the same thing, only he won't do it as well because he doesn't have my mastering guy.

Not to mention he doesn't have the esteemed bk.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »

For the second time in a week a title I wanted to license has JUST been licensed by this Spanish label (for whom I wrote some liner notes for one of their first releases - sorry I did that now) - very annoying and I'm sure he's just going to keep going through the MGM list until he locks up everything that Intrada or us haven't locked up. 

Sorry.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2011, 01:27:21 PM »

The singers are learning fast and a lot of the music is difficult, but the new arrangements I've written in the past two weeks sound quite wonderful. Tomorrow, it will sound better.

:)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »

*  *  *  *  *  VIBES FOR DR CILLALIZ'S FAMILY AND FRIEND JOE  *  *  *  *  *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »

How rude! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

Good morning, all!I planned to sleep until 7am, but I was wide awake at 5:50 and out of bed by 6:10.I had a ferocious dream that John McGlinn had reyurned and was creating hell about my perversion of his work, on BABES IN TOYLAND and EILEEN, and my last memory of this dream is that we were in an office where I told him his research was inept and incomplete and much of his scholarship was fraud. Well, it's true!

So, this morning I will pay a few bills, run over to the bank for some cash, and go to the first meeting of this Appalachian holiday piece. Actors are coming and going all week for rehearsals and auditions, so we're hoping to get the bulk of the vocal parts taught today and tomorrow. The cast is as follows:
  Erica Aubrey
  Mimi Bessette
  Jarrod Emick
  Julie Foldesi
  Michael Hicks
  Ben Hope
  Ian Lowe
  David Lutken
  Deb Lyons
  Steve McIntyre
  Jennafer Newberry
  Leenya Rideout

I am very excited about this!

This is really exciting elmore.  I am thrilled for you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »

And it does include this rather sober photo of all of us at the Proclamation last Friday.  ;D

You are getting so thin, Jack!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »

I did not go to work today.  My knee was still swollen and I felt very unsteady on my feet.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:30:27 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »

Why is your knee swollen?  did you do something to it?  are you fighting an infection?

VIBES!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »

Today is a holiday, Victoria Day.

And for some reason there is a newspaper today. It said no Canada Post strike Tues, Wed, Thurs at least. So that is good. I hate mail strikes.

Do you not usually have newspapers on holidays, Jennifer?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »

Yes, the news out of Joplin is horrendous.

Having heard it, however, the little wheels in my head started spinning and I have been trying to remember which TV comedy character always talked about Joplin, MO.   

Was it Bob Cummings on "Love That Bob"?

That would be correct.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »

Prayers for Minneapolis and Joplin; and to all the residents and the families and friends of those cities.

Wow, that is a lot of "ands" in one sentence.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

I don't see where I said that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, just that I think he's very reliable as a provider of good solid entertainment.  But do you mean "scum" as a person

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »

TOD - One of my former co-workers, who has since also retired, took frequent extended periods of time off.  She alternated between cruises and facelifts.

Did she eventually snag a rich husband?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »

Finished with the work session.  Have to go eat something and get the mail and packages.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2011, 03:12:31 PM »

Been doing stuff on the Internet and getting ready to work with the MD.

Mogan David?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »

I don't see where I said that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, just that I think he's very reliable as a provider of good solid entertainment.  But do you mean "scum" as a person

As a person? Pooey!

As a director? He bombed out wth BIG, because i persomally believe he couldn't develop a photo, much less a show. if he had in instruction book in his hands.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:27:50 PM by elmore3003 »

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »

TOD - One of my former co-workers, who has since also retired, took frequent extended periods of time off.  She alternated between cruises and facelifts.

LOL, DR TCB, I think her desired outcome was the opposite!  She already had a husband and she told me once that she could hardly stand to be in his company...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »

Why is your knee swollen?  did you do something to it?  are you fighting an infection?

VIBES!!!!!

Thanks, Jane.  I have been having some rather serious back problems during the last few weeks.  Friday night, I got out of bed to use the toilette.  I moved wrong giving me a terrible pain down my back that caused my legs to buckle.  Fortunately, only Nurse Nicky got to see me sprawled out on the bedroom floor.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »

That is horrible, BK.  Have you considered contacting the head of that label?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »

LOL, DR TCB, I think her desired outcome was the opposite!  She already had a husband and she told me once that she could hardly stand to be in his company...

THAT IS TERRIBLE!  Is she cruising with friends or her husband?  those staterooms are very small if you don't like your roommate, but then it is somewhat easy to lose someone on a ship ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »

T.O.D.

Alan Thicke
Kris Kristofferson
Kenny Rogers
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up