Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IF THE SHOE FITS  (Read 44834 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: IF THE SHOE FITS
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »

In rehearsal for our 8th grade <ahem> project of Grease - scene changes are killing us! - Well, them, anyway!

I hear you.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »

Just read some reports of more dangerous storms forming in the midwest...

~~~~~STAY OUT OF HARM'S WAY VIBES TO EVERYONE~~~~~~

Oy! I didn't see anything for the Twin Cities area. Hope that's good.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »

Just read some reports of more dangerous storms forming in the midwest...

~~~~~STAY OUT OF HARM'S WAY VIBES TO EVERYONE~~~~~~

Oy! I didn't see anything for the Twin Cities area. Hope that's good.

The latest alerts were issued for western Oklahoma and northern Texas.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »

Yup more storms.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »

In rehearsal for our 8th grade <ahem> project of Grease - scene changes are killing us! - Well, them, anyway!

"She's a real kitty wagon--Greased Lightning!"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »

They seem to be making a big deal of Daniel Radcliffe being a presenter at the Tonys despite not being nominated for HOW TO SUCCEED.  Haven't theatre people been doing this for years? 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »

I have never been nominated but would gladly serve as a presenter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »

DR John G - One of my favorite authors, David McCullough has a brand new book out:

The Greater Journey:  Americans in Paris

It covers the years 1830-1900 - too early for Cole Porter - but it may provide some historical insights to the ex-pat experience that would be useful for your paper.

DR John G, you should also check out that book about Sara and Gerald Murphy, LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE. Murphy wrote the libretto for the Porter ballet, "Within the Quota."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »

Well, today the cast started making music from what they learned yesterday, and they're a wonderful group of performers.  The bluegrass "Christmas Time's A-Comin" sounded so good with the fiddle, guitars, accordion and bass imptovising that I wanted to call my sister-in-law JoAnn and have them serenade her. I really wish my dad were still alive to come to the reading on Friday; he'd think he'd died and gone to heaven!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »

They've already booked the Beaver Puppet to present on next year's Oscars.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:25 PM »

So, we're all set for Friday's presentation at the Frederick Loewe Room of the Dramatists Guild. I've checked all my emails and opened a UPS package and today's mail. Now I have to write a lead sheet for "The Christ Child's Lullaby" and "I Wonder As I Wander." My original choral arrangement is way too difficult for the singers to learn by Friday, and there are more important priorities. I'll write a spectacular arrangement when the time comes!

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »

DR John G - One of my favorite authors, David McCullough has a brand new book out:

The Greater Journey:  Americans in Paris

It covers the years 1830-1900 - too early for Cole Porter - but it may provide some historical insights to the ex-pat experience that would be useful for your paper.

DR John G, you should also check out that book about Sara and Gerald Murphy, LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE. Murphy wrote the libretto for the Porter ballet, "Within the Quota."

And another one about the Murphys, Everybody Was So Young by Amanda Vaill.  Many Cole Porter references in the index.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »

So, we're all set for Friday's presentation at the Frederick Loewe Room of the Dramatists Guild. I've checked all my emails and opened a UPS package and today's mail. Now I have to write a lead sheet for "The Christ Child's Lullaby" and "I Wonder As I Wander." My original choral arrangement is way too difficult for the singers to learn by Friday, and there are more important priorities. I'll write a spectacular arrangement when the time comes!

Indeed!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »

But before I go...

For bk et al -

That's a Wrapture

"When the world did not end at precisely 6 p.m. yesterday, Doomsday prophet Robert Fitzpatrick's fragile grasp on reality crumbled.

"I don't understand why nothing is happening," said Fitzpatrick, flipping through his Bible for clues to why Rapture failed to show up on time.

"It's not a mistake. I did what I had to do. I did what the Bible said," he said, looking increasingly disheveled and confused as he stood in Times Square before mocking crowds."
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »

But before I go...

For bk et al -

That's a Wrapture

"When the world did not end at precisely 6 p.m. yesterday, Doomsday prophet Robert Fitzpatrick's fragile grasp on reality crumbled.

"I don't understand why nothing is happening," said Fitzpatrick, flipping through his Bible for clues to why Rapture failed to show up on time.

"It's not a mistake. I did what I had to do. I did what the Bible said," he said, looking increasingly disheveled and confused as he stood in Times Square before mocking crowds."

He has revised his calculations to October 21.  He says that this past Saturday was the beginning of God's judgment...and that the world will be destroyed October 21 (but not before he and his followers are swept up into the clouds).

Very sad.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »

I did not receive my promised wake-up call this morning and therefore I got up an hour later than I should have and have been playing catch up since.  We got all the CDs shipped, I had some matzo brei, and shortly I'll go pick up some packages. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »

DR Jeanne,

Jane

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Another sleep-in day in our household, because we were all up quite late last night.  I wanted to hear about Rob's day with the paramedics in Dayton and he didn't get home until after midnight.  He is now officially finished with his practice time and just has to pass the exams before being a full-fledged paramedic.

:)

Jane

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2011, 02:39:22 PM »

TOD:  I'm looking forward to seeing "Midnight in Paris," too. That's the first time I've said that about Woody Allen movie in more than a decade.

Keith's aunt says it is his best movie.  :o  I too am now looking forward to seeing it.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »

I'm off to a routine doctor's appointment ...

You really know how to celebrate a birthday!

My thoughts. ;D

Jane

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

DR Ben thank you the update on your sister's situation.  i'm glad they have power.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

These recent tornado events have been terrible in the amount of loss of life and devastation.  In all my life, I don't recall this much happening this often.  At worse, you would hear about a neighborhood being wiped out but this Spring we've had almost entire towns being destroyed.  What is going on with the weather?

It's Global Warming...It's the END OF THE WORLD!!! :o

Just not the apocalypse.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »

I think the tryptophan an thing is correct, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, and now I'm dead tired.  I think I may head to the workout room and workout a bit.  I have a <cough>date<cough> this eve... it's an interesting one as we are getting together to listen to Love Never Dies  (yes, on purpose - DON'T JUDGE ME!!!  LOL)  and I kinda want to be awake. 

George

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »

I think the tryptophan an thing is correct, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, and now I'm dead tired.  I think I may head to the workout room and workout a bit.  I have a <cough>date<cough> this eve... it's an interesting one as we are getting together to listen to Love Never Dies  (yes, on purpose - DON'T JUDGE ME!!!  LOL)  and I kinda want to be awake. 

I don't judge...and I bought it, myself. :D

And have a great time on your <cough>date<cough> this eve!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »

So, I'm listening to the new Andrew Lloyd Webber version of The Wizard of Oz (I actually like it) and when Dorothy and the gang go to meet the wizard for the first time, the Wizard asks, "Which of you is Dorothy?"  She says, "Sir, I am Dorothy."  And the lion ("with great dignity," according to the booklet) says, "And I, sir, am proud to be a friend of Dorothy."

I laughed out loud! ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »

So, I'm listening to the new Andrew Lloyd Webber version of The Wizard of Oz (I actually like it) and when Dorothy and the gang go to meet the wizard for the first time, the Wizard asks, "Which of you is Dorothy?"  She says, "Sir, I am Dorothy."  And the lion ("with great dignity," according to the booklet) says, "And I, sir, am proud to be a friend of Dorothy."

I laughed out loud! ;D

Ok, I missed that - and I like the recording also... but what is funny about that line?

Ben

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »

Friend of Dorothy=code for Gay

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »

I am a friend of several Dorothys.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »

DR Ben, thanks for the update on your sister.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »

I picked up a couple of packages, I did a jog, and I wrote - not the Wechter project, but mine own.  Tomorrow is for the Wechter/Kimmel project.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up