Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IF THE SHOE FITS  (Read 44738 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: IF THE SHOE FITS
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »

DR Jeanne, i hate to tell you this on your special day but Lark Rise is wrapping it up:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349538/Lark-Rise-To-Candleford-axed-end-current-series-bosses-decide-quit-ahead.html

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »

Vibes to DR Elmore's college friend Craig!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »

I'm relived to know Joe has his tools & he should be able to get work very soon.  People will be needing his skills & it will be good for him to be part of the rebuilding.

you & jon have made this a personal experience for me as well. 

Jane

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2011, 07:06:13 PM »

DR elmore VIBES FOR YOUR FRIEND CRAIG!!!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »

DR Jeanne, i hate to tell you this on your special day but Lark Rise is wrapping it up:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1349538/Lark-Rise-To-Candleford-axed-end-current-series-bosses-decide-quit-ahead.html

Yes, Jane. I already saw the final episode. I think they did a fine job and I'd prefer they end it on a high note.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »

Vibes to Larry's friend Craig for a successful outcome and the best of health in the future!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »

I am sooooooo full!

Jane

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »

Jane, I believe there is only one season so far of DOWNTON ABBEY, but I heard another is/may be in the works.

I thought it funny to see Brendon Coyle in both shows, too.

IMDB shows 2 seasons.  you also went directly from one show ti the other?  we don't have a decent pictore for PBS and have to wait for the DVD'S.  I'm glad you liked the last episode of lark rise.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606375/episodes

Jane

« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »

Good Evening!

~~~~~SAFE AND SOUND VIBES TO THOSE IN DALLAS AND OKLAHOMA~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »

Just watched the GLEE season finale and it made me want to be in NYC!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »

That's amazing, FJL, seeing Follies three times in one weekend!    I think I will go back before it leaves. 

We had planned since getting the tickets in November to see it twice at first (Friday and Sunday), since FOLLIES was the point of our trip.  But then subscriber-price seats suddenly opened up for the actual opening night performance - so we thought it would be fun to see the actual performance the main critics would be attending as long as we were in town anyway.

FJL

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »

Vibes for Larry's friend Craig

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »

Yesterday DR TCB wrote:
Do you not usually have newspapers on holidays, Jennifer?

Usually no, which is why i was surprised.

Is it common in the US to have newspapers on holidays?

DR Jennifer - Most major newspapers in the US - even the minor ones - publish seven days a week. It's not "common", it just is business as usual.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »

Why is it the people with the smallest parts are the most irritating and picky about their costumes?  When it doesn't even really matter what they wear......the woman who plays the part of the farmer's wife in the Iowa Stubborn "American Gothic" moment and the farmer himself - keep making demands about how they need this or that.....

Last night she said to me (she has bleached blonde hair) - "How do I make my hair gray....are you going to buy me hair spray or will you use baby powder on me?"

I said...No, you will wear a wig - no need to spend all that time [ie money] on you.

Well in the picture she is wearing a bun and the hair is parted in the middle.

You will wear whatever gray wig we have upstairs.

In BOTH of the other shows I have been in with her - she decided one night to just not come to a performance because she was "tired" and needed to rest....

...And that's when you tell her that's when they took the cast photos. Sorry.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2011, 09:03:36 PM »

A round of mega vibes, on me!

MBarnum

« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »

Watched, or rather listened, to this video of a group of about 20 people taking shelter in a Joplin gas station mini-mart. You can't see much, but the sound of the tornado ripping the area up is truly frightening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnvxJZucds&feature=related
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:10:01 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »

Here one of the survivors shows that same mini-mart gas station after the tornado. It is unbelievable that those people survived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-P4P68YyNM

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:55 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150201028449349&comments

This is a video that Jon took today from Joe's house.  There were 15 trees in the yard.  You can see a little of Joe in the photo. Jon climbed up on the chimney to take this.   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:18:32 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »

I hear thunder, but it's time for me to get some sleep.  Night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »

In rehearsal for our 8th grade <ahem> project of Grease - scene changes are killing us! - Well, them, anyway!

Why the "<ahem>"?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »

Rehearsal was fine - as always everyone just feeling their way through the songs and getting used to the arrangements.  So, homework to be done.  We especially had a difficult time with the thirteen-year-old's number, Hey There Good Times.  It's very odd - the show key is for guys, so we had to lower it, but it's very rangy and the low stuff was too low, so we fudged those and took them up a step higher, but kept all the other key changes where they were - there are a LOT of key changes and some of them are pretty weird anyway, so it works fine.  But Melody, who usually knows her stuff by heart at the first rehearsal, hadn't been able to learn it properly from the track, so it took a while - the MD is making her an mp3 of just the melody and she'll be able to lock it in from that.  This is the first time I'm not having one of the five cast members opening the show - Melody is - I have a really funny running gag in the show - it begins with Melody - the MD plays the famous opening vamp to Big Spender and Melody smiles slyly - then goes into Hey There Good Times.  Then we repeat the vamp four other times throughout the show, but every time the singer sings a completely different song.  Then we'll finally do a chorus at the end.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:33 PM »

Well, today the cast started making music from what they learned yesterday, and they're a wonderful group of performers.  The bluegrass "Christmas Time's A-Comin" sounded so good with the fiddle, guitars, accordion and bass imptovising that I wanted to call my sister-in-law JoAnn and have them serenade her. I really wish my dad were still alive to come to the reading on Friday; he'd think he'd died and gone to heaven!

DR elmore - I'm sure your dad will be listening on Friday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

I think the tryptophan an thing is correct, I had a turkey sandwich for lunch, and now I'm dead tired.  I think I may head to the workout room and workout a bit.  I have a <cough>date<cough> this eve... it's an interesting one as we are getting together to listen to Love Never Dies  (yes, on purpose - DON'T JUDGE ME!!!  LOL)  and I kinda want to be awake. 

DR Matthew - First an "<ahem>", and now a "<cough>"... Are you feeling all right?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »

Then Melody, her family and I went to Mo's for dinner.  There was a big party of people at the next table - I took no notice until I was halfway through my food, at which point I realized I knew two of the people - so I said hi.  It was a get-together of the ex-Hamilton High drama teacher that I know, and the folks who just worked on the Hamilton Pippin.  The new director is, apparently, not so hot, but they were smart enough to have two Pippin alums choreograph - Sandahl Bergman and Kathryn Ann Wright, both of whom I saw in the show and both of whom were there.  Since I'd had a tremendous crush on Kathryn Ann Wright when I saw the show, it was a treat to finally meet her.  And Sandhal Bergman - still stunningly beautiful at sixty.  Amazing, really.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »

I'm going to have some ice cream and watch a little of a motion picture.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

Friend of Dorothy=code for Gay

Oh right, someone take my card away!!

DR Matthew - Did you ever have one in the first place? ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »

Friend of Dorothy=code for Gay

Oh right, someone take my card away!!

DR Matthew - Did you ever have one in the first place? ;D

Yes, I have one... somewhere :)

As for the cough, well - it went fine.  As for the ahem - well, it's a project :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »

Continued:

Some of the audience members managed to make the questions about themselves.  Two or three mentioned seeing the original production.  After that a young man of about 20 stated that "believe it or not, I didn't see the show in 1971."  One guy stated that he "talked a lot" because he was from New York.  He asked if the show was coming to Broadway and the cast said they didn't know.  He pressed them to see if they had any idea and they really didn't.  Mr. Raines said "we just opened here and we're thrilled."

DR KevinH - I attend the New York Times' TimesTalks every now and then, and, alas, without fail, during the QUESTION and ANSWER section after each talk, there's at least one or two - or three(!) - people who don't really ask a question. It's always fun(?) watching how the moderator and the panelists handle the non-interaction.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up