Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINAL DAY OF MAY  (Read 40617 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE FINAL DAY OF MAY
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 08:38:46 AM »

I had a wonderful time in Medford...it was great to see family and friends! The weather was cool and cloudy most of the time, but still pleasant. As I usually do, I take my nostalgic drives around the Rogue Valley, visitin all of my childhood homes...although this time I did not get to all of them.

Our house on Crest Drive in Central Point (1975 to 1978) was finally painted blue (from it's original maroonish red color) and has a new garage door. It looks quite nice, although the majority of the houses on that street and the cross street all look either abandoned or are inhabited by people who have no lawn mowers.

Our house on Bradbury St. (1964 to 1969) looked better then it has in many years. It had been looking a bit dumpy last time I was in Medford.

MBarnum

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 08:40:31 AM »

My visit with Dr Jane, Keith and dog Sherlock was a highlight of the trip!

We met at the Bi-Mart in Ashladn (where I worked the Christmas season of 1983) and the we headed up the mountain for our hike. It is so, totally beautiful there!!!!

Ben

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »

I've already been out and about taking care of some errands, and now I have to do some Oklahoma! homework. Later tonight, I'm seeing The Normal Heart tonight. -I'm trying to figure out if I should just bring a box of Kleenex with me or a roll of Bounty paper towels. :-\ ;)

I've seen it three times during the history of the show (the original, the revival and a showcase production with a friend). I can't see it again. It rips my heart out and I'm a mess. I hear great things about this production but I'll miss it because I just can't do it again.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »

I've already been out and about taking care of some errands, and now I have to do some Oklahoma! homework. Later tonight, I'm seeing The Normal Heart tonight. -I'm trying to figure out if I should just bring a box of Kleenex with me or a roll of Bounty paper towels. :-\ ;)

I've seen it three times during the history of the show (the original, the revival and a showcase production with a friend). I can't see it again. It rips my heart out and I'm a mess. I hear great things about this production but I'll miss it because I just can't do it again.

I've been getting teary-eyed each time I think about the play. At least I know the ushers at The Golden, so if I end up a total "mess" by the end of the play, well... I know they'll take care of me. -Alas, I'm only half-joking with that statement.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »

My visit with Dr Jane, Keith and dog Sherlock was a highlight of my trip!

We met at the Bi-Mart in Ashland (where I worked the Christmas season of 1983) and the we headed up the mountain for our hike. It is so, totally beautiful there!!!! It did rain on us briefly, but otherwise the weather during the hike was nice.

DR Jane had me take a snap of some type of flower for DR Laura, but unfortunately it did not turn out. But here it is...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »

And...

Time to bury my head and my brain in some R&H for a few hours.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 08:55:15 AM »

Here is dog Sherlock with his new found toy, which he discovered during the hike...

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 08:56:43 AM »

Sherlock was good enough to pose for this portrait shot.

What a beautiful, lovely dog he is. I absolutely loved getting to hike with him!!! Thanks so much DR Jane and DH Keith!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »

And indeed we did eat at the Ashland Springs Hotel's restaurant...man was that some good food!

Jane posted shots of the hotel, but I took a couple of photos myself. Note the surrounding mountains, which make the whole Rogue Valley such a gorgeous place!

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »

Oh, what we ate....I had the Crawfish omlete, which was to die for...Jane and Keith both had Eggplant and a salad.

For dessert we all had the MOST delicious chocolate cake I have ever eaten. It was so moist it was almost pudding like!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 09:06:45 AM »

And here is the very first apartment that I lived in, right after moving out on my own in 1983. I only lived there for about 6 months, I think, before I moved up here to Salem in early 1984.

Jane, Keith and I had a devil of a time finding it as it turned out we were a few blocks further east then we should have been. It is on Alida St. in Ashland, and it turns out that my sister-in-law, Barb, lived in these very same apartments back in the early 1970s when she was a college student.

My apartment, which I shared with a co-worker from the hotel named Howard, was upstairs at, furthest to the left.

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »

Now a couple of family shots....

Here I am with my big brother Allen, who works for Fed Ex and often delivers packages to DR Jane and Keith.

(I forgot to open my eyes!)

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »

Here is my younger brother Dan, with his son Jordan.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »

Here is my brother Dan's ex-fiance's daughter Erica showing off her braces, and with her is my grand-newphew (Dan's grandson) Danny, who is THE sweetest, most adorable kid ever!

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »

This is brother Dan's oldest son (my nephew) Daniel and Daniel's wife Becky (little Danny is their son).

Daniel spent most of last year in chemotherapy for cancer. He got a 100 % clean bill of health earlier this year and is back at work.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »

Here is brother Dan with his second to youngest son Jace. Jace seems to be afraid that he will be the next head hung on the wall.

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »

And lastly, because I have always liked the art deco look of this building, is the Harry and David's plant. If you ever buy Harry and David products, this is where they are made.

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »

Oh wait, here are a couple more shots of the area that surrounds Medford. Like I said, it is beautiful country.

It is not normally this cloudy in June, however. Summer like weather would be the norm at this time of year, but the west coast seems to be having a difficult time getting even spring to start.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »

Great pics, DR MBarnum!  Good to see that your nephew is the picture of health!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »

These are all shots taken on my way home from Ashland to Medford, driving down South Pacific Hwy.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 09:27:57 AM »

Thanks DTM! We are all very pleased with his progress.

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »

M Barnum

Lovely Pictures

You Have A Beautiful Family

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »

Such great photos!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »

DR MBarnum, have you lost weight?

Greetings from Toyland! I have scanned and sent, and I'm heading home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »

Such beautiful vacation pictures! Thanks, MBarnum!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50:35 AM »

I guess I will have to use a sound file of birds' wings - I can't find a sound effect of a player piano roll flapping.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »

Nice photographs.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »

We have wildflowers that are similar to yours called "paintbrush." There are several varieties. A quick google search shows that Oregon also has paintbrush varieties. I think that might be what you have in the photo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »

I probably would have slept later had the telephonic device not been ringing - hence, I am up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up