Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STILL QUEASY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS  (Read 14159 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: STILL QUEASY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:10 AM »

I did get to meet Jacques Pepin for a few minutes last night. Really a very nice and unassuming man. We spoke of the time he lived in upstate New York, in Hunter, when I was living down the road in Catskill and how gorgeous the country there still is. Very pristine.

He also said it was where he met his wife of 45 years, a fact that made his face light up. He's still very much in love and that was charming.

He was there to judge a food-and-wine-pairing contest, but he managed to circulate through the room and greet as many people as possible. The other judges didn't leave the dais on which they had been parked.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:20 AM »

Page two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:39 AM »

Congratulations, Jane, on the anniversary!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:51 AM »

And now I'm off ...
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »

I have a killer weekend ahead of me.  Today is the Pacific Pops concert, followed by the last Rave in the Nave of the season.  Then tomorrow is the annual Music Sunday at the church I Music Direct for.  Sunday afternoon is curling up in a fetal position time.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:21 AM »

Thank you, DR John G.  How are you?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 08:11:18 AM »

Never really watched the Lucy show all that much nor do any of her movies stick out as particular favourites.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 08:15:01 AM »

Today's Photos  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270552251075.375765.736116074&l=2a91621e5e  Not too many.   I left the office late morning and ended up hauling 150 sandbags for an elderly couple.  Their niece had posted on Facebook that she was all alone.   We did a couple loads of bags from the bagging station to the house in a pickup.  Then a number of family members showed up, including many men who looked strong...so I left

You are amazing. Now that I've been paid, I'm sending my check tomorrow.

Cilla, I told one of my co-workers about the situation and she wanted to send a check, too!  Now that I have it, I'll be able to send both hers and mine today! ;D

She suggested that I put something in our staff room for even more donations...I might do that.  What do you think??

Thanks so much DR George.  Any help is appreciated.  I've collected about $1500 so far.  I know the first thing Joe was doing with the money was replacing the windows in the van.  He's got a lot of expenses coming up to get back on track.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:16:39 AM »

Ah, I do remember a Lucille Ball film I particularly like:  DARK CORNER, a film noir with Mark Stevens and Clifton Webb.  I'm also fond of  TOO MANY GIRLS.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »

thanks for the compliment, yesterday, DR Elmore. Everyone here is helping everyone. I've done a lot less than others.  I'm really feeling it today, so I may take photos, but I'm not going to be moving sand.

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »

DR Ginny, thanks for the gift card.  I'll forward it in next weeks package.  Thanks also for the book marks.  They're really nice!

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 08:49:48 AM »

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz - and thanks for letting me know the envelope arrived!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 09:09:07 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I slept right up until she of the Evil Eye arrived and I now must be on my way to somewhere for a couple of hours.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I really should get outside instead of watching the "Padma-thon" on Bravo.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »

bk - I hope you're feeling less-queasy today. However, if you still are - and you don't feel like heading to a doctor's office yet - you may just have to resort of a bland diet for a day or two. Nothing too fatty, nothing too salty, nothing too spicy. In other words, no bacon-cheeseburgers and french fries. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:58 AM »

Finished leafing through the Reynolds Auction catalog.  There actually is an index, it's simply buried a few pages before the last pages of the catalog and I hadn't noticed it.

BK, there's a Danny Kaye costume from THE COURT JESTER being auctioned, and it's not expected to go for very much, just in case you're interested.

Also, belay my post of the other day about the Marilyn Monroe dress going for a paltry few hundred thousand.  The white chiffon "subway grate" dress from THE SEVEN YEAR ITCH is expcected to fetch a cool two mil.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »

I have recently discovered when I feel nauseous or even need help when I am about to cough.....I use one of those new Listerine strips.....most helpful....especially during the run of the show.   I drink some water and put in a strip just before I go onstage....and it works everytime!

That would make me sick, as did chicken when i didn't feel well.  Bruce i would have said non greasy scrambled eggs & dry toast.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »

Congratulations, Jane, on the anniversary!

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »

Today's Photos  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150270552251075.375765.736116074&l=2a91621e5e  Not too many.   I left the office late morning and ended up hauling 150 sandbags for an elderly couple.  Their niece had posted on Facebook that she was all alone.   We did a couple loads of bags from the bagging station to the house in a pickup.  Then a number of family members showed up, including many men who looked strong...so I left

You are amazing. Now that I've been paid, I'm sending my check tomorrow.

Cilla, I told one of my co-workers about the situation and she wanted to send a check, too!  Now that I have it, I'll be able to send both hers and mine today! ;D

She suggested that I put something in our staff room for even more donations...I might do that.  What do you think??

Thanks so much DR George.  Any help is appreciated.  I've collected about $1500 so far.  I know the first thing Joe was doing with the money was replacing the windows in the van.  He's got a lot of expenses coming up to get back on track.

Nice! :)

Jane

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

You're welcome, DR Cillaliz - and thanks for letting me know the envelope arrived!

Envelop arrived.  I was distracted when i came home from my walk & trip to the mailbox.  i need to open the mail.

Done (not me physically as i couldn't open it)  & thank you.  I look forward to reading it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

For some reason, I can picture DR JMK doing this: ;)

Teen's dad spends school year waving at bus, embarrassing son

*It's actually quite a sweet story. -And there's even a blog documenting all the costumes: Wave At The Bus.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »

Especially as that happened in my old neck of the woods, which must be properly pronounced with a Utahn accent as Ahmuhrican Fark.  :)

JMK

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »

My father used to pick me up at the parochial school I went to for several years in SLC, and as a joke one day he wore a big blonde wig and spoke in a high screechy voice so that I could tell everyone my Grandma (who was in town) was picking me up.  :)

(My father was rather swarthy, the impersonation was not very convincing).  ;)

JMK

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »

I believe my eldest sister was actually born (pronounced barn) in American Fork.  :)

JMK

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 10:19:03 AM »

That was the little town my parents moved to right after World War II ended.  It was of course 99.9% LDS in those days (it may be down to 99.899% nowadays), and one of the neighbor men came over and introduced himself to my Dad and told him all the men were meeting at the Stake House (the Mormon equivalent of a Parish) that night, and to come down and meet everyone.  My father spent hours driving up and down the Main Street of American Fork looking for the Steak House.  And thus my parents' 50 year adventure with Mormonism began.  :)

JMK

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »

Actually Wards are more like Parishes.

One of my mother's funnier "coinages" was naming the liquor store The Fifth Ward, so that she did not elicit gasps from the neighbors when she told them where she was going.  :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: PALEOGRAPHY!

And The Song Of The Day Is :I'M GONNA SIT RIGHT DOWN AND WRITE MYSELF A LETTER
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:46:04 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

You're welcome, DR Jane!

JMK

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Betsy is madly making it through every YouTube video devoted to David Cassidy and The Partridge Family after having finished the book I posted a link to the other day.  Danny B. doesn't seem to have much lost love for Susan Dey, unlike BK.  :)

John G.

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »

Thank you, DR John G.  How are you?
Doing OK, but running myself ragged. Blood sugar is too high and I think not getting enough sleep is contributing. I caught up today on some of it.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up