Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RULES  (Read 7971 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE RULES
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes broke the rules, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently following way too many rules.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE RULES
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANSERINE!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:38 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept quite well, but I was really exhausted.

I'm going to need more vibes from you all if we're going to finish the operation. Kinko's turned out to be great, so that was one ordeal out of our way. Hopefuly, by last night all the orchestra parts have been copied, so today will consist mostly of taping and (hopefully) printng the full scores.

This morning I have a trip to the bank to take care of some financial transactions for myself and my colleague Curtis who's in Europe with Richard III, and then I will head downtown.

DR JRand60, I too am enjoying the CAMELOT stories. When is the opening night?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:22:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:41 AM »

Where are the morning regulars?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:12:15 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:18:45 AM »

TOD: There's an old quote from Pablo Picasso: "Desde niño pintaba como Rafael, pero me llevó toda una vida aprender a dibujar como un niño."

“When I was a child, I painted like Raphael, but it has taken me a lifetime to learn to draw like a child."

He learned the rules and spent a lifetime learning how to break them. I have been the same way with journalism. When I read the articles I wrote before I learned the rules, I like them better than what I wrote for the first 15 years or so after school. It took me that long to learn to find and trust my voice.

I'm glad I know some of the rules, especially grammar. I wish I had never been introduced to others.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:23 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:49 AM »

vibes to all those that need them
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:24:29 AM »

totally forgot what the TOD was.

have to go back and look
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

A friend from church named Bruce is facing deep brain stimulation surgery this morning to deal with his Parkinson's disease. It sounds scary to me, because the patient is conscious while the doctor has his or her hands inside the cranium trying to find the source of tremors.

Bruce was supposed to have had this more than a year ago, but he had his hair cut short without telling the doctor and that wasn't a good thing because it apparently opens the scalp up to infection. (Some other medication that he had to take then postponed things further.)

Anyway, prayers and vibes for Bruce would be greatly appreciated.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:11 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Up early to finish up my packing and then head north.  I have several stops to make on my way out of town - blood lab, Starbucks, library... 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:15 AM »

Okay the TOD
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 04:27:52 AM »

TOD: I think that's why I love the beginning of the original "Merrily We Roll Along" when the elder Franklin Shepard is shouting above the din, "Because I know the rules." And then we learn that the rules were what helped him get into the mess he's in. 
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »

Art isn't easy
Every minor detail
Is a major decision
Have to keep things in scale
Have to hold to your vision
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 04:37:35 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:38:09 AM »

I really overslept this morning. I didn't get into the office until a few minutes ago.

I think I'm tired from the dental work.

Alas, it will only continue.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:39 AM »

But a very nice thing happened at Pret a Manger. Instead of making and eating my oatmeal I decided to go to PAM and get coffee and a Bunny Pot of yogurt, sliced almonds and julienne slices of fruit and cranberries. They open at 7am. They are usually quite on top of things but today perhaps Larry's ghost was visiting because things were not moving along. I was the first customer and it was clear they were not ready for anyone. I had my coffee and yogurt and was waiting patiently while my clerk was apologizing (PAM has GREAT customer service). Finally the manager came around and she said, "it's on the house, thanks for your business" Free breakfast! Hooray. I'll go back again.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:40 AM »

A friend from church named Bruce is facing deep brain stimulation surgery this morning to deal with his Parkinson's disease. It sounds scary to me, because the patient is conscious while the doctor has his or her hands inside the cranium trying to find the source of tremors.

Bruce was supposed to have had this more than a year ago, but he had his hair cut short without telling the doctor and that wasn't a good thing because it apparently opens the scalp up to infection. (Some other medication that he had to take then postponed things further.)

Anyway, prayers and vibes for Bruce would be greatly appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Surgery Vibes for the friend of DR JohnG! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »

But a very nice thing happened at Pret a Manger. Instead of making and eating my oatmeal I decided to go to PAM and get coffee and a Bunny Pot of yogurt, sliced almonds and julienne slices of fruit and cranberries. They open at 7am. They are usually quite on top of things but today perhaps Larry's ghost was visiting because things were not moving along. I was the first customer and it was clear they were not ready for anyone. I had my coffee and yogurt and was waiting patiently while my clerk was apologizing (PAM has GREAT customer service). Finally the manager came around and she said, "it's on the house, thanks for your business" Free breakfast! Hooray. I'll go back again.

Spaking of my ghost, there's still no sign of that missing glass!

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 05:33:11 AM »

Vibes and prayers for Bruce, friend of DR John G!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANSERINE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: CRY OF THE WILD GOOSE

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 06:21:02 AM »

Sorry for being E&T, but I've been spending my days with my mom who's in the hospital.  After suffering with stomach cramps all weekend, we brought her to the ER on Tuesday and found she was having a gall bladder attack.  What seemed to be a simple plan of removing the gall bladder has turned into a complex set of issues, tests and procedures.  So I'm asking for some HHW vibes to help my mom deal with it all.  Thanks!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 06:21:33 AM »

OK, I'm signing off - bye 'til I get to Michigan!

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:12 AM »

Vibes for Dan (the Man)'s Mom!

Kerry

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »

Of course-- sending good vibes out there all over the place!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 06:50:16 AM »

TOD:    Rules-- we don't need no stinking rules!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 06:50:22 AM »

Sorry for being E&T, but I've been spending my days with my mom who's in the hospital.  After suffering with stomach cramps all weekend, we brought her to the ER on Tuesday and found she was having a gall bladder attack.  What seemed to be a simple plan of removing the gall bladder has turned into a complex set of issues, tests and procedures.  So I'm asking for some HHW vibes to help my mom deal with it all.  Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Serious Vibes for the health of the Mother of our DR Dan(TheMan)! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I am all alone this morning, so I will trim the photocopies of the manuscript scores for binding and see what I can do with this Piano-Conductor part for the EILEEN Orchestra Selections.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 06:59:10 AM »

Good thoughts to Dan and his mom!

Ben

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »

Let's just move to Page 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up