Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NUDIE REBORN  (Read 8356 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: NUDIE REBORN
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2011, 02:44:19 PM »

Ta-da!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »

Back from a day longer than I'd intended.  Lauren and I met at the nail salon - she got "the works" and I a simple manicure.  We went to lunch and then went our separate ways.  I went to Dayton Mall to pick up a few last minute rehearsal dinner items and looked at 5 stores for a dress for that occasion.  Didn't find anything I liked as well as the one in my closet that I'd intended to wear.  Richard and I have had bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches for supper.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

So I guess we will have to call it the Blue Nudie Musical.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »

Tonight are callbacks for Parade.  No, we don't have the African American people we need, but we'll get there.  I'm kinda scared of the score, I guess I'll get over it.  I do like the story, it really makes you think.  Certainly isn't a hat and cane show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »

So is NYC back to normal now?

Yes, Jose has already left.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »

Wedding funny for today:  Mary Linda's mother shopped in Michigan and Mary Linda's sister shopped in Colorado for dresses to wear to the rehearsal and dinner.  A thousand miles apart and they bought the same dress!

;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »

New Dancing With the Stars cast announced. What do those who watch the show think?

Chaz Bono.
Nancy Grace. 
Ricki Lake. 
Rob Kardashian. 
David Arquette.
Ron Artest.
Kristin Cavallari.
J.R. Martinez. 
Hope Solo.
Elisabetta Canalis.
Chynna Phillips.
Carson Kressley. 

I will be more interested to see who they are paired up with.

RE: this list. There might not be huge celebrities. But I think most people know Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake and David Arquette.

The show likes to have reality stars, and sports figures. So for people who watch their sports/shows they are big names.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »

DR RonP, it is rumored that Lacey has Chaz Bono. I guess we'll see.

Kym supposedly is paired with David Arquette (I think that one is confirmed).

There are actually going to be a couple of new pro dancers. Not too happy about that ... especially since Dmitry isn't going to be on this season. I don't get why they are adding i think 3 new pros when they have some popular pros that have to keep missing seasons.

Supposedly Chelsie isn't going to be on this season either. But Derek is definitely back.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

Page THREE?  This will NOT do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »

Back from the choreographer's house - really funny stuff and Jason Graae is hilarious, as always - and a very good-looking ensemble of gals and guys.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

First singer will be here at four-thirty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »

Jason played me a telephonic message he got from Mr. Jerry Herman, who was in tears and very emotional having just heard Jason's CD.  And he even said he thought it was wonderfully produced.

Laura

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »

New Dancing With the Stars cast announced. What do those who watch the show think?

Chaz Bono.
Nancy Grace. 
Ricki Lake. 
Rob Kardashian. 
David Arquette.
Ron Artest.
Kristin Cavallari.
J.R. Martinez. 
Hope Solo.
Elisabetta Canalis.
Chynna Phillips.
Carson Kressley. 

RE: this list. There might not be huge celebrities. But I think most people know Nancy Grace, Ricki Lake and David Arquette.

I have heard of Chaz Bono. I have heard the names Ricki Lake and Nancy Grace. I couldn't pick any of them out of a lineup or tell you why any of them are famous. I know Chaz is famous because he has famous parents. Never heard of any of the rest of them. But then, I am not one to know from "stars."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »

It will be "fun" to see the lady with whom they pair Chaz Bono!

I think it would be better if Chaz danced with Nancy Grace.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »

Jason played me a telephonic message he got from Mr. Jerry Herman, who was in tears and very emotional having just heard Jason's CD.  And he even said he thought it was wonderfully produced.

That's wonderful, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »

And the word of the day is: PRECATORY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MORE I CANNOT WISH YOU

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »

TOD:   I guess I'll have to ask my mom which motor skill came first and at what age.

I do have a memory of being told to shut up once too often.  I had curiousity and was always asking questions.  I guess my dad got fed up. I wasn't idly curious.  I probably wanted to know where we were going and what we would be doing when we got there.

I was told to shut up and I'd find out when it happened.

This order was made with such rage (it made me feel worthless) at the time, that I made a conscious decision at that point (I was 8 or 9) to hold all my thoughts to myself.  And I've stuck to it my whole life.  My folks began wondering, when I was 17 and 18, why I wasn't as forthcoming about my hopes and dreams and desires like other parents said their kids were (at the same age).  I couldn't very well become the confidant they suddenly wanted.

Wow!  A tough lesson to learn for anyone, Ron, but especially a child.  And as you said, once that lesson is learned, there is no reversing it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »

I guess we need  to get busy with these posts.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »

Yesterday, in order to be a good patient, I wore my AOL brace for six hours.  I still can't walk when I am wearing it, but I will keep wearing the damn thing.

One difference I noticed this morning, when I tried to get out of  bed my left leg gave out completely.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »

The weather here was terrific today.  Well, at least to me it was.  It was 67 degrees and a little overcast, but very pleasant.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »

Well, that's crappy, TCB.

Did you hear from when your test is scheduled?

Laura

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »

It's 110 here. In the shade.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »

I saw Jason's comment about Jerry Herman's response last night on Facebook.  That is really terrific.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »

Well, that's crappy, TCB.

Did you hear from when your test is scheduled?

Not yet.  The nurse said it would take five to seven business days to get it scheduled.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »

It's 110 here. In the shade.

What a great name for a musical!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

Chaz Bono.
Nancy Grace. 
Ricki Lake. 
Rob Kardashian. 
David Arquette.
Ron Artest.
Kristin Cavallari.
J.R. Martinez. 
Hope Solo.
Elisabetta Canalis.
Chynna Phillips.
Carson Kressley. 

The show likes to have reality stars, and sports figures. So for people who watch their sports/shows they are big names.

Even after looking Nancy Grace up I don't know who she is & neither does anyone else in my household-lol.  I know Lake, Arquette, Bono, & Phillips by name & that is it.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2011, 05:21:31 PM »

Yesterday, in order to be a good patient, I wore my AOL brace for six hours.  I still can't walk when I am wearing it, but I will keep wearing the damn thing.

One difference I noticed this morning, when I tried to get out of  bed my left leg gave out completely.

Did you call the doctor's office & tell them?

Jane

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »

My Facebook friend was encouraged to tell her story on FB, and out of desperation she has.  She talks about how she got through the wrath of Irene.

Hi, my name is Donna Davids, I am a single mom of a Beautiful 13 year old daughter who I raise on my own, with no child support or such.  I also have Multiple Sclerosis ( since 1992), which as time goes on gets to be more & more of a struggle.  I am 50 years old. To help pay bills & keep a home & raise a teenager, I began a Dog Boarding buisness as this allows me to work with my health.

This week, Hurricane Irene came through our area & hit hard ( Ulster County)

As the storm was approaching,  Jasmin & I put our winter storm panels on, put away any outside belongings, filled tons of jugs of water, & prepared how ever able for the storms approach.

Saturday night we brought my mattress out on the floor in the living room.  As we waited to see how Irene would play out, We watched all the TV updates. As it approuched closer, I became more & more nervious as our home Is 1 floor & only 700 sq. Feet so not many options for hiding.
As the night proceeded my 2 Bernese Mt. Dogs & cats began showing odd behavior. It was then we began to fear. At one point my dog Bear ran to the bathroom in panic as he panted heavily. Towards Sunday the rains picked up, the winds became blowing strong ( stronger than any on going wind ever here) . With already saturated ground our driveway became a huge lake, trees swayed & bent. My daughter & I & the dogs layed huddled together as the power went out & the winds made the house feel as if we where to become a scene as in the wizard of OZ.
Holding each other tightly in the dark ( me trying to be strong for her, Yet venting my fear to those friends on Facebook from my cell)  we feared our lives!

In the dark blowing strong winds & heavy rain, we all of a sudden where shook as the mattress on the floor shifted about a half inch & the house rocked from impact of a not so big not so small but tall & strong pine tree.
We now literally where shaking & crying. As we didn’t even know what had taken place outside nor could we look due to the extreme weather.  As I looked out a window to the north the sky lit up purple, orange, green etc.  I don’t know what being on a battlefield is like, but only imagine what we were experiencing was kinda simiular in a smaller version.
At one point I posted to FB friends to make sure my dogs got a good home, as at that moment I honestly did not think we were going to live.  Trees where coming everywhere as if unleashed weapons.

Meanwhile with no power my basement sump pump was not able to keep its job going.  So I knew the water was rushing in, only to create a downstairs similar to a ungrounded pool.
Thus swallowing my water heater, my furnace, my water softner system tanks, along with the well holding tank & things from childhood kept of my daughter’s.

All’s I could think was the house would collapse.  The winds continued many hours later nonstop along with the heavy rains.  As the sun rose we were in awe at how flooded, rivers newly created, puddles big enough to float in! & trees whipping around!
The as I looked out, a huge pine tree ( 3 grown men could hold hands tightly around) the ground coming up like a new growing hill, the tree was going as it was pushed by the winds.  Talk about Fear!
Luckily it went towards the garage/barn. ( which is right next to the house!)
It was down, its life over, ours safe
Hours continued of rain, wind, no power.
Now I had not slept & after all was to frightened to & night later I still wake with nightmares of falling houses & trees.Yet my daughter then fell into deep sleep more I feel to block all out & also from the stress.
The dogs stayed tightly snuggled to her, as I watched for more danger or loss.
After day 2 of 5ft of water in my basement, things ruined completely, searching for use of a generator, no sleep, huge beyond huge trees in my yard on my barn on my house in the driveway
  I lost track of time!
Late Monday 2 wonderful angels arrived with a generator to use!
Other angels came to see if we were alright. Others brought coffee, breakfast, dinner, fruit, water.
My basement would now have the sump pump doing its job of keeping water out.

Yet the damage is beyond anything I could even begin to fix.
& without flood insurance, it is all a loss… the well water holding tank, the water softener tank, the water heater, & the furnace. Plus now from being so wet we will have to deal with mold.
That’s Just the basement!!!!
The tree’s I have no clue how they will be removed! The barn, insurance might cover some..but it is done.  The house structure has some damage, hopefully not condemable. As we’d no where to live. Verticale house Beems need replacing.  The propane tank, which is out under a tree, can’t be replaced until new lines Are put in ( underground)
These are thing we know of as of now…More can turn up when they inspect it.
Somethings are covered by homeowners ins. However water damage related is totally not.
& only up to 500. For tree removal.

I am disabled, yet also do my Dog buisness to try & make ends meet. I have 0 savings. We live month to month, as I do it all on my own of raising a teen, paying bills, paying a mortgage.
However this makes me just want to walk away ..as the damage is beyond & I have no way to make it all ok.

I will say however…I feel so blessed that my daughter & I & our animals are alive! The greatest blessing!
All else is no comparison, yet showers, cooking, heat, huge trees gone are a reality of life/living.

So many of you have been asking what or if there is anything you can do.

If you or anyone you know feels inclined to make a donation to help with some of the expenses we will be having, we will accept ANY gift no matter how big or small.

The link below is a secured pay pal that will allow you to directly donate money with your credit card, debit card or PayPal account into our PayPal account to help us.

Feel Free to share this site with anyone you think might be interested in helping out, Or post it to your Facebook page, twitter, etc.

It is so humbling along with such a powerful feeling to have so many people come to our need from so many places

Those that know me, know it takes alot for me to actually break down & ask for help!
Most of you call me too strong headed. So you know I am immensely Grateful to Each & every one of you for all the different roles you’ve played in lending us a hand!

Jasmin & I have been so heart touched & humbled by the out pouring of people trying to lend a hand from all over.
Community is not just limited to neighborhoods or towns. We are a whole community, no matter how far apart in distance.

We are grateful for those that got me through the intense storm by commenting on my postings of fear. Also for those traveling to bring equipment,  breakfast, dinner, & the much needed coffee along with those just coming to give a hug & comfort, or kind caring words through internet.

YOU ARE ALL AMAZING & WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

The PayPal account is
Sunshinedaydreampeace@yahoo.com

You can use credit card, debit, or Your PayPal account.

( I will also try to link a button for simple use, on this blog thingy)

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »

Privately I know the dead beat ex has parents with money, yet the grandparents have refused to help their granddaughter out of fear of upsetting their son.  It makes me want to go shame them in front of everyone they know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up