Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DECISIONS, DECISIONS  (Read 14997 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:26 PM »

And...

I got off the bus, walked two blocks... And some punk teenager stopped me... "You got any money? Empty your pockets."

I did get a bit worried at first, but then I assessed the situation... We were two blocks from a subway stop... There were some other people walking around... Because his pants for soooooo loose in that "gangsta" manner, there was no way he could have been gripping and hiding a gun in his waist band... He also just kept talking and talking and talking... Eventually, after I kept repeatedly telling him, "No, I'm not going to empty my pockets," he cracked a smile and said, "I'm just joking. (Duh!) My name is XXXXX XXXXX. I'm going to be famous some day."

-"I'm sure your are."

Then I hailed a cab uptown.

He'll be a famous headline: IDIOT TEEN THREATENS WRONG PERSON AND DIES
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

!!!! Page 4 Dance !!!!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

And...

I got off the bus, walked two blocks... And some punk teenager stopped me... "You got any money? Empty your pockets."

I did get a bit worried at first, but then I assessed the situation... We were two blocks from a subway stop... There were some other people walking around... Because his pants for soooooo loose in that "gangsta" manner, there was no way he could have been gripping and hiding a gun in his waist band... He also just kept talking and talking and talking... Eventually, after I kept repeatedly telling him, "No, I'm not going to empty my pockets," he cracked a smile and said, "I'm just joking. (Duh!) My name is XXXXX XXXXX. I'm going to be famous some day."

-"I'm sure your are."

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »

Rather a slow day today.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »

Rather a slow day today.

Post-wise that is.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »

How is the new job, td?
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »

Continued travel vibes to Craig. 

I hate when stuff like that happens (the bad stuff, that is)

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 04:13:32 PM »

Vibes, vibes and more vibes!

Jane

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »

Continued travel vibes to Craig. 

I hate when stuff like that happens (the bad stuff, that is)

Thank you.

It was really odd & caused undue stress.  He had not been dropped from the flight as the online info indicated. Fortunately our airport is small so it didn't take long for him to park & check in.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:47 PM »

Enjoy FOLLIES DR JOSE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »

We escaped the desert heat and drove up north for the day.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »

Lovely.  Did you take any photos?

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »

Still hot here in Istanbul. We had a few raindrops last night but the thunderstorm forecast for today didn't arrive, in fact it's been mainly sunny. Visited the magnificent Ayasofya, previously a mosque but now a museum, as well as the Blue Mosque. Rode on the vintage tram which runs along the main shopping street, Istiki Al Cad. Plus, of course, lots of eating and drinking is going on!

We love details of what you're eating and drinking....there are a lot of foodies here!  Have a great time!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »

Jose, it wouldn't work in two parts - and it's only a minute or so longer than the short version, running 7:30 instead of the 6:30 the others run.  I'm still thinking about it and will actually have the option of using either.  Also, if we use the short version, I'll put the long version of the two songs on our website.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

Rehearsal was really fun.  Then I went and had a small pizza at Dino's - had a craving. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2011, 04:52:21 PM »

DR Jane - According to my friend, Brendan, who is a pilot, this is a strangely busy travel week. It could be that any of Craig's possible flight options were just no longer available without "risking" flying stand-by and hoping for a cancellation or no-show.

My flights were very full

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Do you prefer to be called a "flutist" or "flautist"?

;)

Flutist.  Flautist never sounded like a good thing to be to me

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2011, 04:55:22 PM »

And...

-"I'm sure your are."

LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

I picked up a very unexpected package - the first 100 Nudie Musical Blu and Rays, which look great all shrink wrapped and packaged.  I'll be sending a number of these on to Chicago early next week, along with my memoir.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »

Well, my month of health check-ups ended today with a mammogram.  Glad that one is over.   So far I need to take vitamin D supplements and am supposed to exercise.  Hopefully that will be it.  I am getting new glasses, but they aren't in yet

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05:50 PM »

I picked up a very unexpected package - the first 100 Nudie Musical Blu and Rays, which look great all shrink wrapped and packaged.  I'll be sending a number of these on to Chicago early next week, along with my memoir.

;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

How is the new job, td?

It's very invigorating, mentally.  I'm learning new names for old products, new recipes and new registers on a daily basis.  I've got the customer service down pretty well. . .;)

At this point, after a full week's worth of work, I'm finally beginning to relax and enjoy the ride.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Do you prefer to be called a "flutist" or "flautist"?

;)

Flutist.  Flautist never sounded like a good thing to be to me

My dad knew someone who told him, "I'm a flutist, not a flautist.  I don't play a flaut."

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2011, 05:07:49 PM »

How is the new job, td?

It's very invigorating, mentally.  I'm learning new names for old products, new recipes and new registers on a daily basis.  I've got the customer service down pretty well. . .;)

At this point, after a full week's worth of work, I'm finally beginning to relax and enjoy the ride.

Great new, TD!

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »

DR Jane - According to my friend, Brendan, who is a pilot, this is a strangely busy travel week. It could be that any of Craig's possible flight options were just no longer available without "risking" flying stand-by and hoping for a cancellation or no-show.

My flights were very full

But why cancel the flight that was available even if they dropped him from the connecting flight in SF?  That was what worried him so, that he couldn't get to SF.  There were multiple airport options he could have flown to before renting a car and driving to the wedding.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »

Well, my month of health check-ups ended today with a mammogram.  Glad that one is over.   So far I need to take vitamin D supplements and am supposed to exercise.  Hopefully that will be it.  I am getting new glasses, but they aren't in yet

D3?

Jane

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2011, 05:19:15 PM »

How is the new job, td?

:D :D

I'm sure you excel at customer service.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »

Wooooohoooooooooooo
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34:38 PM »

Well, my month of health check-ups ended today with a mammogram.  Glad that one is over.   So far I need to take vitamin D supplements and am supposed to exercise.  Hopefully that will be it.  I am getting new glasses, but they aren't in yet

D3?

That's what I'm taking.  This time she didn't prescribe it just told me to get it.  I'm not surprised that I'm D Deficient

Jane

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2011, 05:40:16 PM »

With all the hiking & walking I do all year even with sunscreen I am not D deficient and still decided to take extra D3 for my bones.  I take it with calcium.  Are you taking calcium along with the D3?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up