Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIGH POINTS  (Read 13499 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE HIGH POINTS
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2011, 11:43:59 AM »

Topic of the Day:

From Netflix Quikster:  two copies of Primo.  The reason that I have two copies is because the first one was cracked all the way from the edge to the hub!  I went on-line and reported the damage and had them send me a new copy.  The reason that I kept the damaged copy until the new copy came is because I couldn't find the return envelope.  Now, I can return both at the same time. :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:48:14 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »

But before I watch Primo, I just received here at work from Amazon:  the new Broadway cast recording of Anything Goes AND the finally released DVD to Forever Plaid!!

I can listen to the Forever Plaid DVD while I'm working, then I'll listen to Anything Goes.

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »

Back from the four-mile jog.

Laura

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »

I might have to buy a dvd, George.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »

And...

We're about to start our last understudy/put-in rehearsal.  -Gawd, I hope it's our last understudy/put-in rehearsal.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

DR JOhn G I like that you went with the vegetarian dishes last night, sounds like a tasty dinner.

Thank you for the vibes.  Craig landed a few minutes early & was in his hotel before 1:00AM.  I know this because he kindly sent his mother a text.

Eggplant with a tomato, garlic, peppers, breadcrumbs and spices -- yum.

Yum is right!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »

I thought so.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »

DR Laura, I thought I had mentioned that it was coming out. Mine arrived last week.
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Forever-Plaid/Stuart-Ross/e/767685244111?itm=1&usri=forever%2Bplaid
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:57:52 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »

I was just reading a calorie-diet site - this site made it seem like three potato pancakes having four hundred calories was TERRIBLE.  Say what?  Have that and a turkey sandwich and you're well under 1000 calories.  What's the problem?

Since I'm going to The Smoke House later, I checked on cups of clam chowder - that's definitely something to stay away from.   Prime rib, on the other hand, is not so horrible if that's your meal o' the day - a generous 12oz hunk o' meat is around 1000 calories.  Since I can eat up to 1400 and lose weight, that may be what I have this very evening. 

Jane

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »

What size are the potato pancakes?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »

What size are the potato pancakes?

And what else are you having with the potato pancakes? Applesauce? Sour cream? -They could also be "bad" since in terms of vitamins and minerals, they're on the low end of things. Additionally, since potato pancakes are usually fried, there's oil/fat to consider. -If you keep track of fat grams in addition to your overall caloric intake.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 01:02:57 PM »

DR Laura, I thought I had mentioned that it was coming out. Mine arrived last week.
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Forever-Plaid/Stuart-Ross/e/767685244111?itm=1&usri=forever%2Bplaid
What did you think of it? I saw at the movie theater with about six other people.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »

I'm up - not quite enough sleep.  The Internet went down just after I posted the notes so I called Time Warner and got the recording that they knew the Internet was down (bravo) - I wanted to speak to someone and find out how long, and I was kept on hold for, oh, I don't know forty-minutes before I hung up.  They're supposed to have humans there 24/7 but they kept telling me there was a higher than usual call volume - yeah, right, at one in the morning.

You'd be surprised at how many tech-heads, gamers, Twitterers, eBay-ers, etc. are online at 1:00am.  Just sayin'.
Because it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »

Since I'm going to The Smoke House later, I checked on cups of clam chowder - that's definitely something to stay away from.   Prime rib, on the other hand, is not so horrible if that's your meal o' the day - a generous 12oz hunk o' meat is around 1000 calories.  Since I can eat up to 1400 and lose weight, that may be what I have this very evening. 

No baked potato? No asparagus? No bread? No creamed spinach? ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:49 PM »

So...

One of the "highlights" of last night was what happened after the show.

As I was walking out, I happened to be right behind "The Texting Bitch", and could hear her complaining to her companion about how rude it was that "that woman" behind her asked to stop texting during the show. Well...

"Excuse, ma'am, but we both have friends and colleagues on that stage and you were being rude to them."
-No, I wasn't. Besides, she kept talking behind us.
"The only time I noticed her talking was whenever you took out your phone to start texting again. We could all see the light from your phone."
-No, you couldn't. I kept it in my bag.
"You were holding it up to your face."
-No, I wasn't. Besides, I had an emergency.
"Well, if you did have an emergency, then you should have left notice with the house manager, Dixon. And if it was a real emergency you would have left."

That's when she stopped talking.

:)

Good for you!!!!
Amen.
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »

And the word of the day is: BILDUNGSROMAN!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MAKE OUR GARDEN GROW

Laura

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »

What did you think of it? I saw at the movie theater with about six other people.

I would have loved to have gone to the taping.

John G.

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 01:50:59 PM »

I would have loved to have gone to the taping.
Not the taping. The World Premiere simulcast at theaters around the country. Sad to say, it wasn't publicized in San Antonio, so there were only a few of us who showed up and shelled out our $20 a ticket. Still, it was fun seeing the Plaids sing with Carol Channing afterward. 
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »

I mean I would have loved to have been in the live audience when it was taped.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »

I mean I would have loved to have been in the live audience when it was taped.
I would, too.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2011, 02:58:44 PM »

DR MICHAEL S - I have watched the DVD of MMMMW - and in his first scene with lots of dancing - there does seem to be some exposure by Mr Dick Shawn.....however, it is probably the lining in this swim trunks rather than anything else.

Thanks for looking at Dick Shawn dancing. Maybe I'll have another look.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »

I'm listening to Marry Me A Little, the 1981 Off-Broadway show of what was then obscure Sondheim songs. I forgot how much I like this show.

DR Ben - Thanks for that "reminder". I've always been fond of MMAL too.

*I wonder if Craig Lucas ever sings, performs any more?

The recording of MMAL has (I believe) the only complete version of Can That Boy Foxtrot
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

But before I watch Primo, I just received here at work from Amazon:  the new Broadway cast recording of Anything Goes AND the finally released DVD to Forever Plaid!!

I can listen to the Forever Plaid DVD while I'm working, then I'll listen to Anything Goes.

;D

The movie had the original cast except for Jason Graae. I thought he was an original cast member. Anyone know why he wasn't in the movie?
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »

did I mention that I saw the SMURF movie earlier this week (I took my little grand nephew Cole) and enjoyed it very much? I was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was.

They ought to make a stage musical out of it.

Doug R

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »

Istanbul has been extremely hot and sunny again today. Visited the Topkapi Palace Museum which covers a very large area and consists of a rather confusingly laid out complex of attractive courtyards and numerous individual buildings. I'm sure everyone remembers the popular film TOPKAPI with Peter Ustinov involving the theft of the Topkapi jewelled dagger. It could be said that the film made the dagger famous.  
Some of the Turkish food hasn't always been to my liking (I'm not known for adventurous eating) so for lunch today I had a Viennese Schnitzel!    

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:14 PM »

Back from a fun afternoon in Cincinnati with my Mother (and, surprise, Rob).  Mom and I went to the Container Store for her to spend the gift cards we gave her last Christmas and Rob caught up with us there between appointments to look at apartments.  He timed it just right to join us at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and he was a big help getting Gram into and out of the car, etc. 

Unfortunately, while we 3 were having fun, Richard was coping with being locked out of our house because he'd grabbed the wrong set of keys on his way out and our emergency options weren't in place (they are now...)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »

DR Ginny I'm sorry Richard was having a bad day but glad you had a nice one.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »

We have been without the internet all afternoon.  Keith had a frustrating time speaking to India, making adjustments to the computer though he knew the problem was from this end, when after half an hour the person said the US just informed them there was a wide spread problem. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »

I need a nap.

That is all.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up