Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE  (Read 13568 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE BREW THAT IS TRUE
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »

I am exhausted. The last 3 days have been very busy, but fun. I am now switched over to the Ramada in Burbank. It smells like stale beer, but I get decent internet connection here, unlike the much fancier, and nicer smelling, Marriott where getting hooked to the interent expensive and/or difficult (you could get free wireless in the lobby).

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2011, 09:55:19 PM »

Friday night Scotty Morrow and friend Mark picked me up at my hotel and whisked me off to meet friend Sherell at BLACK ANGUS where I had a wonderful meal and good times with these three wonderful friends!

I slept very good that night...the beds at the Marriott are SUPER comfy!

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »

Unlike BK, I had a blast at the Hollywood Show, even though there weren't that many people I was interested in.

Ron Ely is still a hottie, very tall, and very nice!

Ed Kookie Byrnes also was very nice and looked really good.

Likewise, Donna Loren (from the Beach Party movies)...she must have  found the fountain of youth! She doesn't look any older then she did back in the 1960s! Judy Strangis (ROOM 222) was the same way! And both gals were a lot of fun to meet and chat with.

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »

Adam West was looking good and always had a big crowd. I did not visit his table, but I did see him today in the elevator and he was quite nice.

William Smith is not doing well at all and his LAREDO costar, Peter Brown, didn't show up for the show. Neither did Van Williams.

None of the Walton's cast were there, either.

I met DR Charles Pogue's friend June Wilkerson and she was a complete sweetheart.

There were some other fun people there, but I am too tired to remember who. Did not see BK, but he left me a message that he had not been there very long.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »

Around 11 a.m. I hit the freeway and picked up Laurie Mitchell in Granada Hills. I took her around the Hollywood Show and she had fun chatting with Edd Kookie Byrnes who she worked with on 77 SUNSET STRIP. He remembered Laurie as they were both under contract with Warner Bros at the same time.

Kenny Miller arrived at the hotel from Palm Springs around 3pm and we all had a late lunch, then he took a turn looking around the Hollywood Show so that he could see his old friend Sherry Jackson. He wanted to see Frankie Avalon also, but there were always too many people at his table.

The three of us hung around the rest of the day. Kenny was sharing my room with me that night and he went up to take a bit of nap while Laurie and I drive out to Studio City to find the house that she and her first husband Larry had built off of Laurel Canyon back in 1958. Then we drove down and saw the first house they lived in when they both had arrived in LA.

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »

After a late dinner, Kenny and I drove Laurie back home...it was dark by this time and I somehow missed the exit from I-5 to Interstate whatever-it-was. We got a bit lost and after more than an hour or driving back and forth on various freeways we somehow ending up in Panorama City (not a pretty place).  I finally figured out where we were (the trip should have only taken about 20 minutes!) and we got our Queen (meaning Laurie), back to her husband Ron in Granada Hills.

Kenny and I had no trouble getting back to Burbank, but I am sure he was expecting the worst. LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

Kenny and I slept in and had a big breakfast at the hotel. Then, as we watched the police haul off a crazy woman from the hotel, we parted ways. Kenny is visiting assorted friends in the area while celebrating his 80th birthday! He is a great guy!

MBarnum

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »

I made my way from Burbank to Little Tokyo today to see the play A WIDOW OF NO IMPORTANCE. It was a good thing that I left 2 hours early as it took me 1 1/2 hours to get there....of course it should only have been a 13 minute drive. Yes, of course I got myself lost again, but it is very easy to mix up Interstate 101 with Interstate 110, the numbers are sort of the same.

I did get to see a nice bit of Pasadena, the jewelry and business section of downtown LA,  and even some of Hollywood while trying to find my way, so that was nice. The 101 (Hollywood freeway) could really use better signage, if you ask me.

The play was wonderful. The cast was great and I was able to meet and chat with Parvesh Cheena afterwards, and he signed a cast photo from his tv series OUTSOURCED for me. One of the other cast members came over and I was able to meet him as well. A very nice looking  guy  named Sunil Malhotra.  I am really glad I had the opportunity to see the show. I had always wanted to see a play at The East - West Players and it was especially nice to see one that featured and actor that I really like.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:38:36 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »

Next I headed to West Sunset Blvd and met DR Edisaurus' friend Jerry Lee Davis for dinner at a really good Mexican place.

Jerry Lee is such a nice guy. I loved meeting him and we had some fun chats tonight. He is very cute, charming, and funny and I just adore him! I am hoping to get together with him again, possibly on Friday if I have time before I catch my flight out. I just wish I could take him back home with me!

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »

Now to take a quick gander at Facebook, then hit the hay. I am hoping BK will have time to meet-up tomorrow. I will call him in the morning and see what his schedule looks like.

Aside from possibly seeing BK my Monday is free so I might do a bit of sightseeing. Who knows.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

Early travel vibes for DR Ginny!

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »

I'm curious how Consumer's Report rates the washers & dryers I'm looking out but I'm not curious enough to pay to find out.

Jane, I think I still have an online membership to consumer reports. If you want me to compare some or send reports on particular machines I can try to get it for you

You might also check to see if your local library has a subscription. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »

I'm off to my sisters, then to see "The Help."

Have a good day, all.

If you are on your way to your sister's, doesn't that mean that you are "The Help?"

Yup...but I certainly realize that have much better working conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up