Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXY FACES  (Read 14296 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WAXY FACES
« on: October 09, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were waxy, and now it is time for you to post until the waxy cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WAXY FACES
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »

And the word of the day is: STERNUTATORY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:14:23 AM »

~~~Camera Man Vibes for BK!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:27 AM »

TOD:

I've never been a fan of the Star Wars films. The first Star Wars film (I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be called - what a daft idea it is to alter the title of a film) arrived late in the UK after we had heard all the hype about how great it was. I was therefore all "hyped up" when I went to see it and was fairly disappointed. I didn't think it was a terrible film but I didn't enjoy it because it seemed to be aimed at a juvenile audience. It didn't help that the cinema had lots of children present. Not that I dislike children - I simply feel that they should be in their place - that is to say, a place somewhere where I'm not.

A week after seeing Star Wars, I went to the opening of Close Encounters of the Third Kind which was more my sort of film and which was far better.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:39:22 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:48 AM »

TOD: I was never much of a 'Star Wars" fan or a fan of too much science fiction with special effects I did see as being all that special. I thought back then that "Metropolis" had better special effects IMHO and it was made decades earlier. I saw the first three films, which are now the second three films, and i had no desire to see the others.

I did like that Star Wars TV special where Bea Arthur sang some Kurt Weill-type song with a Wookie or whatever it was.

Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 04:46:57 AM »

Good morning, all! I had weird dreams about building houses in Ireland and evil building inspectors; it was all quite bizarre. There may have been some Darby O'Gill in it as well. No banshee, thank God!

This morning, I have a three-hour audition session for non-Equity performers to fill several spots in the Appalachian Christmas piece; the budget for this Hilton Head workshop won't accommodate a full equity cast. so we'll see what we get. I haven't seen some of the team since May, so it will be fun to be back together. When that finishes up, I've got more liner notes work.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 05:17:56 AM »

Really enjoyed MBarnum's stories last night of his California trip.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 05:26:04 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 05:26:52 AM »

Even though we are in the depths of deadline hell and may not meet our deadline, our office is closed for Columbus Day. I slept in which is why I'm posting so late this morning.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 05:27:08 AM »

It's a beautiful day in Manhattan so far.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »

I'm getting a haircut after breakfast, which is:

Ben

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »

Oatmeal, pecans, cinnamon, raisins and a plum.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 05:28:36 AM »

And on that sweet note, my friends, later.

Oh, yes, in case Ginny checks in, happy travel times to you and Richard. If you see Francois in Paris give him a hug from me!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »

Travel vibes for DR GINNY and RICHARD.

Finding the right people vibes for DR ELMORE.

Connection vibes for DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 05:50:47 AM »

Sounds like DR MBARNUM is having a great time rubbing elbows with all the SEE-lebrities in HOLLYwood!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 05:51:08 AM »

I shall comment on the TOD when I return from my Monday duties.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 05:56:45 AM »

!  !  !  !  !  Bon voyage à DR Ginny et DH Richard  !  !  !  !  !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:09 AM »

Off to auditions!

DR Ginny, have a safe trip and a wonderful time,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 06:35:10 AM »

TOD:

I thouroughly enjoyed the first two Star Wars films (A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.)  In fact, I liked each of them enough to go see twice at the movie theatre, a rarity for me.  I wasn't a FANatic--in fact, the explosion of fanaticism around the films was a turn-off for me.  But there was no denying that I was captivated by them and it was obvious to me that they were made with a great deal of love (the second movie being made with a great deal of more money, which didn't matter because it showed up on the screen.)

THE RETURN OF THE JEDI was a complete disappointment for me.  This one seemed to have been made with a great deal of love *of* money.  Overblown, under-directed and a slapped-together script.  The much dreaded Emperor turned out to be a cackling variation of the Wicked Witch of the West.  The obnoxious Ewoks clearly created for the toy market.  The climax is a repeat of the first movie.  The cast mostly just stands around between action scenes (Carrie Fisher admits that she was coked out of her mind during the entire shoot.)  Only Mark Hamil manages to do anything with his Luke character.  Just a completely sour and dissatisfying end to the trilogy...

I saw the first of the three prequels in a movie theatre and hated it from start to finish.  As BK said, the acting from most of the human cast members was non-existant.  And I cringed everytime the Jar-Jar thing appeared on the screen.  I watched the second prequel on dvd and didn't think much of it, either.  I've never seen the third.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:37:25 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 07:33:16 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Richard and I are 2 hours from our ETD (from home) and things are pretty calm.  We've cleaned up the kitchen and we're about to put fresh sheets on our bed and, oh yeah, I have to get dressed...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »

Thank you for the travel vibes, DRs

MBarnum
Ben
JRand
Dan (the Man)
Elmore

Ben,  I'd been emailing back and forth with Francois earlier this year, but lost all that (including his address) when my hard drive had to be wiped and reinstalled.  I did have a bookmark on my old computer for the hotel where he works and it's just a few blocks from ours, so we'll try to track him down.  Wonder what I could say that would bring him back here to HHW?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »

TOD:

I was never a STAR WARS FAN, but I did enjoy most of the films, particularly the first two.  I liked the first one because it reminded me of the swashbucklers that Errol Flynn made, and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK was certainly the best one of the six.

The prequels were more interesting than entertaining, though I thought the second one, ATTACK OF THE CLONES, was the weakest of all because it was all CGI and no plot.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 08:03:41 AM »

I took my three younger brothers - ages 12-16 to see the first movie at the (now defunct) Eastwood theatre.....great sound and big curved screen......

We loved it.....it was there exclusively for a LONG time and we went back once to see it again, since we missed the first few minutes the first time (the people in front of us took forever to pay for their tickets)......and then we barely found 4 seats together.....people moved for us so we could sit together.....didn't move....but just moved DOWN to empty seats.

I loved the first movie but NONE of the other ones........I have only seen TWO others before I gave up.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 08:04:11 AM »

And like DR DtM wrote - the fanaticism and obvious marketing turned me away from them.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »

I have a movie for DR MBARNUM......I do not think he has seen it - but then again.....he might OWN it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 08:07:14 AM »

I have been to some movies where the AUDIENCE had waxy faces.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »

Not TOD:

When someone is willing to address waxy ears, I'll be all....ummm...eyes in reading what you have to say.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »

No mail today.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I really need to remember to start stretching again. (ouch)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up