Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LOSING TRACK OF TIME  (Read 13178 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: LOSING TRACK OF TIME
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »

Jrand -

i recall looking for MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG TICKETS on Ebay and being offered among items I might be interested in

A COMPLETE SET OF ROLL-ALONG LUGGAGE

Makes sense to me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »

Yes, JR, add one more initial to yours and you have the headliner.  :)

I believe Bear Manor is the publisher which once contacted me and offered me a contract to write a Farmer biography, but they couldn't do hardbacks, didn't want to include glossy stock for photos and most of all didn't like my idea of combining a traditional bio with my own journey to find out the truth about what happened to her.  :)

That is a shame.

I agree.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »

I'm stll on my Encores! orchestration so I may miss the G&S at Symphony space. I've also not heard from Jo today so there's been no Kindle aid. DR Jose, you're MR Techno - have you any Kindle experience? Perhaps we could make a date this week?

DR elmore - The Kindle is much easier to set up than you think. Have you watched the Set Up videos on Amazon? They literally walk you through the process. Just start one up and follow along. It should take no longer than 5 minutes - probably more like 2 to get it set up and certified.

Otherwise, if you'd like to meet tomorrow afternoon...

Videos? They have videos? I do not function well with gadgets, yet I can transpose a score to any key and do square roots.

Tomorrow would be great, if it's late afternoon: I've got a trip to the McGlinnventory, then a stop at Encores! before I get home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »

My sister, my niece, my mom, and I went to see STAR WARS when it was first released.  I didn't enjoy the experience; in fact, I was bored to death. 

I distinctly remember yawning a lot when I saw it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

I wonder if TAR will start on time tonight.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »

Back from a bite to eat.  I'd planned on making tuna sandwiches today, but then just didn't feel like it.  First I went to the Studio Cafe, a jernt I've been going to from the beginning.  I've been there at peak hours, off hours, all kinds of hours on every day of the week and I have NEVER not gotten an inside table right away (they have a large patio, as well) - but today?  Nooooo - every table filled and people waiting outside - at TWO-THIRTY.  I know it's Sunday and people behave weirdly, but I've been there on Sundays at that time before with nary a problem.  So, I turned right around and went over to the Eclectic Cafe where it was the same story.  Why, you'd never know there was a troubled economy and these two jernts are not what you'd call inexpensive.  So, I went directly next door and tried the new place that I've been wanting to try - Soul Dog, a tiny jernt that serves hot dogs, fried chicken, collard greens, and the like.  On Sundays only they do chicken and waffles, like Roscoe's - so I had a breast and a waffle.  While not quite reaching the joys of Roscoe's it was very tasty and very filling, even though one fried chicken breast and one waffle with syrup come to less than a thousand calories.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2011, 04:25:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I think The Boys from Syracuse is/are in my fingers. Alas, whoever copied the score for me, ended up not copying the proper(?) front and back of each page starting at Page 50. Consequently, I've been dealing with some really awkward page turns since some passages were obviously laid out as facing pages instead of over a page turn. But at least the pages are in the correct order! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

I'm stll on my Encores! orchestration so I may miss the G&S at Symphony space. I've also not heard from Jo today so there's been no Kindle aid. DR Jose, you're MR Techno - have you any Kindle experience? Perhaps we could make a date this week?

DR elmore - The Kindle is much easier to set up than you think. Have you watched the Set Up videos on Amazon? They literally walk you through the process. Just start one up and follow along. It should take no longer than 5 minutes - probably more like 2 to get it set up and certified.

Videos? They have videos? I do not function well with gadgets, yet I can transpose a score to any key and do square roots.

Tomorrow would be great, if it's late afternoon: I've got a trip to the McGlinnventory, then a stop at Encores! before I get home.

I could have sworn some DRs had already posted the links to the set up videos on Amazon's site? Hmmm... In any case, you really should be able to do it yourself. And you should set it up yourself, since purchasing and downloading books to your Kindle basically follows the same process. So, in the meantime, go to Amazon.com, then:

-Mouse-over "Kindle" in the lefthand columm, then click on the link for "Manage Your Kindle".
-At the bottom of the lefthand column, you'll see "Kindle Support". Click on "Getting Started Guide".
-The "Getting Started with Kindle" page will come up.
-Breathe.
-Then just start reading the instructions.
-Breathe again.
-Then click on "Watch Video Demo" for each step.
-Repeat as necessary. ;)

*Just think of it as following a score one measure at a time. It's all a sequence of events that come one after the other. And just like in music, if you read too far ahead, then, well... Don't. ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »

bk - The other diners at The Studio Cafe and Eclectic Cafe probably thought you were weird for showing up at the time too. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »

Bring out the flavor and bring out the best.

Best Foods
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »

I wonder if TAR will start on time tonight.

In other words, you wonder if TAR will wander.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »

Best Foods

Oh, that's right. You live west of the Rockies.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »

bk - The other diners at The Studio Cafe and Eclectic Cafe probably thought you were weird for showing up at the time too. ::)

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »

Best Foods

Not by choice.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »

Best Foods

First time in NJ I went to the market I was very confused trying to find my Best Foods.  There was a jar that looked just like it only it had a different name.  Fortunately someone came along & told me they were the same.  Wise to different names for different coast I figured out the store bought bread I liked also had a different name.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

Best Foods

First time in NJ I went to the market I was very confused trying to find my Best Foods.  There was a jar that looked just like it only it had a different name.  Fortunately someone came along & told me they were the same.  Wise to different names for different coast I figured out the store bought bread I liked also had a different name.

And don't forget Dreyer's and Edy's.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »

And Carl's Jr. and Hardee's.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »

I didn't know that these were the same chain.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »

Best Foods

And don't forget Dreyer's and Edy's.

Right, not that I cared about Dreyer's.  I didn't know, or remember, or care about Carl's/Hardees.  The bread was Arnold vs Oroweat
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:14:44 PM by Jane »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2011, 05:11:57 PM »

Of course, I used to manage shoe stores for Hardy Shoes, which was kind of the same as Falgg Brothers Shoes.  Our unofficial company slogan was:

"Every woman loves a man with a Hardy on"
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

I didn't know that these were the same chain.

Well, they're almost the same chain. Carl's Jr. parent company bought Hardee's a few years ago. The menu at Hardee's is basically the same as Carl's Jr. now, and Hardee's now uses the star logo that Carl's Jr. does.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »

Of course, I used to manage shoe stores for Hardy Shoes, which was kind of the same as Falgg Brothers Shoes.  Our unofficial company slogan was:

"Every woman loves a man with a Hardy on"

No!  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »

I'm wondering if the CBS censors were worried about how some of the contestants on "The Amazing Race" are pronouncing "Phuket". ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »

I'm wondering if the CBS censors were worried about how some of the contestants on "The Amazing Race" are pronouncing "Phuket". ::)

Well, if they had listened to me when I was there, they would have been worried.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2011, 05:39:14 PM »

More on Zach Qunto''s decision to come out:
http://www.zacharyquinto.com/news/2011/10/post.html
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »

More on Zach Qunto''s decision to come out:
http://www.zacharyquinto.com/news/2011/10/post.html

I had to follow the web link to make sure I knew who he was.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »

I could have sworn some DRs had already posted the links to the set up videos on Amazon's site? Hmmm... In any case, you really should be able to do it yourself. And you should set it up yourself, since purchasing and downloading books to your Kindle basically follows the same process. So, in the meantime, go to Amazon.com, then:

-Mouse-over "Kindle" in the lefthand columm, then click on the link for "Manage Your Kindle".
-At the bottom of the lefthand column, you'll see "Kindle Support". Click on "Getting Started Guide".
-The "Getting Started with Kindle" page will come up.
-Breathe.
-Then just start reading the instructions.
-Breathe again.
-Then click on "Watch Video Demo" for each step.
-Repeat as necessary. ;)

*Just think of it as following a score one measure at a time. It's all a sequence of events that come one after the other. And just like in music, if you read too far ahead, then, well... Don't. ;)

Jose, I posted this on Wednesday morning, October 12. It's a link to the videos at Amazon.

REVENGE OF THE NOTES

Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 08:33:54 AM

Lar, there are some videos at Amazon about setting up your Kindle. Perhaps they will help.

Kindle Set Up

I would offer to help but I have a Sony. I don't know that they are that different  but who knows.

If you haven't yet charged your Kindle I would start there since it can take 4-6 hours to charge the device.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »

Did anyone here happen to see BAD TEACHER?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »

Did anyone here happen to see BAD TEACHER?

Not I. Did you?
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »

I must say Bear Manor is not really to my liking - I don't like the look of their books.  No slight to Druxy, who has a good relationship with them - this is purely an aesthetic comment.  They are, like many publishers today, basically self-publishing without the charge and with the use of an editor (I think I'm right about that).  They don't take returns and therefore cannot get in most bookstores - that isn't even a problem anymore, however, since brick and mortar is going the way of the dodo bird.  I just wish they put out a higher quality product, even as a paperback. 

I did have a good editor on the 2 books that I've done for them, and they have assigned an editor for the new Introduction I'm writing for the Rathbone reprint.

You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up