Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HAIRLESS  (Read 14328 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: HAIRLESS
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2011, 06:29:08 PM »

Page Six
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »

With all of the talk yesterday about deviled eggs; I was wondering if anyone here had tried those things called Eggies?  Those are the little plastic cups that cook up hard-boiled eggs without having to crack the shells.  Considering how badly I shell eggs, I am thinking of trying them.

LOL these look too good to be true. https://www.geteggiestv.com/?tag=he|af&a_aid=OF&a_bid=b3dc2eaa&data1=722

The funny thing is that they say they aren't sold in stores, but my Safeway Store has  them in stock.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »

Chatted with a nice lady at the Motion Picture Country Home/Fund and, unfortunately, my friend Jewell is not eligible for their help. She had worked the required 20 years in Film/Television, but didn't make enough money during too many of those years, percentage wise (or something) to qualify.

But the gal is sending me some information on resources in the Valley Village/North Hollywood area and I have located a senior citizen apartment complex in Los Angeles, on W 7th, which has two studios coming up. One this month and one next month. It seems to be in a nice area, right near Good Samaritan Hospital. The rent is only $678 a month...still a bit spendy for her, but much better then her current $1000.00 a month....and if she can get her doctor to send a letter saying that her dog is a companion animal, the apartment will let her have him there (otherwise he is over the 25 lb limit).

Couldn't she claim he was a service dog?

You can't just claim that.  I'm not even sure they should accept a note from the doctor for a companion dog.

In Washington (I have been told) that they can not even ask for proof that is a service dog, but they must accept the person's word.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

You photograph well, TCB. My face always inflates when the picture snaps.

I was holding my breath.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »

Hurray! My Birding Buddy arrives in 10 minutes! She migrates here every winter and stays until it gets hot. I am picking her up at the airport. Jane -- in August she fell off a ladder and broke her shoulder. So she's had a tough day today, I'm sure.

I hope she didn't require surgery or artificial body parts.  My sympathy to her.  I'm sure the warm weather will help once she gets over the traveling.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »

Chatted with a nice lady at the Motion Picture Country Home/Fund and, unfortunately, my friend Jewell is not eligible for their help. She had worked the required 20 years in Film/Television, but didn't make enough money during too many of those years, percentage wise (or something) to qualify.

But the gal is sending me some information on resources in the Valley Village/North Hollywood area and I have located a senior citizen apartment complex in Los Angeles, on W 7th, which has two studios coming up. One this month and one next month. It seems to be in a nice area, right near Good Samaritan Hospital. The rent is only $678 a month...still a bit spendy for her, but much better then her current $1000.00 a month....and if she can get her doctor to send a letter saying that her dog is a companion animal, the apartment will let her have him there (otherwise he is over the 25 lb limit).

Couldn't she claim he was a service dog?

You can't just claim that.  I'm not even sure they should accept a note from the doctor for a companion dog.

In Washington (I have been told) that they can not even ask for proof that is a service dog, but they must accept the person's word.

If we lived in Washington Sherlock would become a service dog.  Echo really was one because she picked up things for me.  This big boy is really rather useless.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:59 PM »

'night

Jane

« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

Craig just sent me a text message from his new cell phone by dictating the message.  8)  I want his phone!

Jane

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »

He then sent us an email using the dictation.  I think he LOVES his new phone.  I just remembered I can't get it cuz it won't fit in my pockets.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2011, 07:19:43 PM »

I will soon be interviewing Francis Ford Coppola's archivist.  You still have time to submit your questions.  :)

does FFC  remember going to Hofstra with my dad?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »

A few days ago, I was lamenting the fact that I probably wasn't going to make it to Broadway (except the one in Tacoma), unless they might need an actor to play FDR in the next revival of ANNIE.

Then I got a phone call from a friend of mine who had received a Playbill from the Broadway cast of THE ADDAMS FAMILY.  And sure enough, I am currently the understudy for Lurch in the production, after making my Broadway debut in the revival of A CHORUS LINE.  Of course, they did manage to misspell my last name, but the photos turned out well.

Since you are such a dear friend of mine, Tom, I am going to print out this picture and look at it all the time (well except for when Vixdad is looking )

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

John I am so very sorry to hear about your loss ---

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:31 PM »

DR Ron I have a friend who had an earthquake drill this morning & was required to go under her desk.  She said when the real quake happened no one went under their desks.  What is the recommended procedure in your office?

We had an earthquake in San Antonio this morning. Something like a 4.6 on the scale. I felt nothing. We did nothing at work. But we did run a recipe for Earthquake Cake to commemorate the event:

http://www.savorsa.com/2011/10/san-antonio-earthquake-cake/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:16 PM »

My, TCB, but you take a good photo.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »

Again, thank you all for the wishes of sympathy. Just shows how we never know what lies in store for us and when.

As someone else said, "The delivery boy's on Wall Street/And the usherette's a rock star." Though the delivery boy is probably part of Occupy Wall Street and, well, are there any rock stars anymore? But you know what I mean.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »

For Laura

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »

Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio carved their initials in the bar at The Cape Cod at the Drake

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »

That's not a joke, btw

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »

My dinner Red Grouper with whtie bean , clam and squid ragout, enoki mushroom and Chorizo oil
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:25:48 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:52 PM »

It was fabulous. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:55 PM »

I went to the reception.  I think I knew 4 or 5 people.  The organization has changed so much since I was active and I really have no interest in getting back into it.  I'm just not in the same mind set that they are.  I used to be but I'm really more into my immigration now, boy is that clear to me now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2011, 08:22:24 PM »

So I'll play tomorrow and will go to the seminar on Saturday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

I also thought of DR Elmore as I found my room.   You go down the hall and turn at the sign marked "Fire Escape" lol. 

John G.

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »

those clams looked great, Cillaliz. There was something else on the plate, but I couldn't get past the clams. Damn, it's too late tonight to go get some.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »

There are also greens, I'm not sure what they were but they tasted really good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »

LOL there WERE squid on the plate too, but I ate them before I took the photo

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »

JHVW said he worked on house 1 in the Extreme Makeover 7 houses in 7 days and worked at the command center, so he may be in some of the filming done for the show.  I think it airs next week

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »

It's their 200th episode

John G.

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up