Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HAIRLESS  (Read 14096 times)

Laura

Re: HAIRLESS
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »

DR Ginny, I am enjoying your photos. Thanks.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »

I will soon be interviewing Francis Ford Coppola's archivist.  You still have time to submit your questions.  :)
Can you get free bottles of Rubicon, my favorite of FFC's wines? And one I can't afford.

OK, well, it's a question.

Actually the Rubicon Winery is part of my interview, but more because it's housing a huge collection of Danish magic lanterns.  :)
I thought all the movie stuff had been moved to the Coppola Winery in Sonoma.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2011, 01:40:49 PM »

DR John, I am so sorry about your friend Joan. I have not yet gone back to check the posts from the days I have missed, so I don't know what actually happened to her.
Strange story. She went in for jaw surgery and never came out of the anesthesia. She was on life support for days after, but no recovery.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »

Sad to report that Barbara Kent, leading lady in silent films and early talkies, passed away Oct. 13 at age 103 in Palm Desert, Ca. She began her film career in 1926 and left films in 1935 shortly after she married.

She was beautiful.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »

Interview over.  Word to PR hacks everywhere:  it's best to make sure your 3 way calling has been disconnected before you start dissecting the interview (and interviewer).  :)

:o
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »

And in completely unreleated news, Death Takes a Holiday has arrived!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »

Cynthia Weill Graduated With Me from Walden(Private School-1 West 88th Street,New York In 1952-No Longer in Operation) In Our Yearbook This Is What was Said About Cyn....

"Better Known as "Sin"(Short For Cynthia)...Likes Dancing...Everything From Ballet To The Charleston. Ambition: To Write For T.V....Spices Her Writing With Sparkling Wit....Just Found Out That She Is Artistically Inclined..Reputed Always To Get Her Man (Dead Or Alive). Pretty,Poised and Popular"

Cynthia Wrote To Me In Said Yearbook..

"Dear Arnold-Loads Of Luck!! How About Complimentary Tickets For Your First Opening Night."

Regretfully=I Lost Touch With Cynthia

So she put the "sin" back into Cynthis! :-)
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »

Did the four-mile jog, then went right over to Soul Dog and had the Slaw Dog, a side of mac and cheese, and some sweet potato fries.  Verdict: VERY disappointing.  The chili on the slaw dog had some seasoning that was very off-putting to me - the slaw was quite good, but the dog itself was a little yucky tasting, too.  Add to that that there was no way to actually pick it up and eat it, and I really don't like using a knife and fork on a hot dog, which is exactly what I had to do.  It wasn't all that big, so I did finish it, but left a considerable bit of the chili behind.  The mac and chees was a side dish and not that much to eat, but again, it had whole chunks of garlic in it and it just killed the flavor of the actual pasta and cheese - I only finished about half of that.  The clear winner was the sweet potato fries, which were excellent.  I ate about two-thirds of them.  I still feel kind of gross from the hot dog, though.  Still, calorically, not too bad - under 1000 calories, so, with the jog, I'm more than all right.  From now on, Soul Dog is going to be exclusively fried chicken for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

DR John, I am so sorry about your friend Joan. I have not yet gone back to check the posts from the days I have missed, so I don't know what actually happened to her.
Strange story. She went in for jaw surgery and never came out of the anesthesia. She was on life support for days after, but no recovery.

Oh my gosh, how awful!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »

DR John G I am very sorry Joan didn't get better.  My condolences on your loss.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

We had a nice JOLT from Ma Nature this afternoon.   About half an hour ago we experienced a 3.9 earthquake.   What I felt, in my 6th floor office, was two successive upthrusts.   Very unsettling, of course.  My stomach did a flip-flop.

No damage, no mess.  No muss, no fuss.  Just shattered nerves and/or queasy stomachs.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »

Chatted with a nice lady at the Motion Picture Country Home/Fund and, unfortunately, my friend Jewell is not eligible for their help. She had worked the required 20 years in Film/Television, but didn't make enough money during too many of those years, percentage wise (or something) to qualify.

But the gal is sending me some information on resources in the Valley Village/North Hollywood area and I have located a senior citizen apartment complex in Los Angeles, on W 7th, which has two studios coming up. One this month and one next month. It seems to be in a nice area, right near Good Samaritan Hospital. The rent is only $678 a month...still a bit spendy for her, but much better then her current $1000.00 a month....and if she can get her doctor to send a letter saying that her dog is a companion animal, the apartment will let her have him there (otherwise he is over the 25 lb limit).

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

In the meantime my friend Jerry (also friend to DR Edisaurus) will help her on Saturday to fetch some much needed medicine for her dog, unless he can find someone to do it earlier then that.

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:09 PM »

We had a nice JOLT from Ma Nature this afternoon.   About half an hour ago we experienced a 3.9 earthquake.   What I felt, in my 6th floor office, was two successive upthrusts.   Very unsettling, of course.  My stomach did a flip-flop.

No damage, no mess.  No muss, no fuss.  Just shattered nerves and/or queasy stomachs.

Wow, two successive upthrusts would make anyone's stomach queasy...if you weren't expecting it.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »

OK, while the wi-fi is cooperating...

Here's proof that I really am in Europe - last Thursday in Paris:

You look wonderful!!!

Darn regarding Heidelberg.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »

strips of dough, fried, and covered in chocolate and almonds:

I've never heard of this.  It sounds like something I would want to taste, but only one bite worth.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »

Wednesday the cruise company and travel agengy surprised us with an anniversary cake that we shared with our dinner companions

On our cruise I don't remember anything to celebrate our anniversary-very nice.  I believe our travel agent/friend sent us champagne.

This will be an anniversary to remember.  I'm happy you had a wonderful anniversary!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening!

Today has turned out to be a bit more jam-packed than I had planned. I keep running into friends from DC and NYC! Truly amazing!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »

And, yes... I'm up, I'm up!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »

I'll check back in after dinner.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »

Quote from: Jane on October 19, 2011,
What is the interesting food?

DR Jane: For one thing, it (my local Lithuanian supermarket) has a huge range of different types of sausages and an equally large range of different types of dumplings. British and (I think) American dumplings are usually just comprised of dough but Lithuania, along with other Central and Eastern European countries have all kinds of meat filled dumplings. They vary iin quality a lot and I can't say I always enjoy them. I had some chicken filled dumplings in Warsaw recently which gave me a stomach upset. 

Are they like a Polish Pierogi?

Jane

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »

Great photos from DR GINNY and from DR JANE yesterday!

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

The church alarm went off at 6:20 a.m. I was the last person there last night.

However, the police officers who checked said all the doors were secure. So we have no idea why the alarm went off.

Wasn't that an exciting story?

Exciting or not, not a fun way for you to begin the day.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »

It's a beautiful day here.  I could still see lots of evidence of this summer's flood when I drove down.   It does look like they've filled in the empty spaces under the railroad track where the dirt washed away and the tracks were suspended in mid air.   Not sure I'd want to go on those tracks any time soon

In Chicago, if it is rush hour, you really want to take the train.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:59:40 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »

Last night, for some reason, my mother asked me how many cats and dogs we have in the family.  I added them up and came up with 7 dogs and 7 cats (it should really be 8 cats, I missed one)  My mother said "Oh my!  I hope they don't all expect Christmas presents!" 

;D

Jane

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »

My dad is starting to think that it's too "pricey" to go to Joplin for Thanksgiving.  He can afford this trip, so I told him I was invited and I was going and Mom said she wanted to go, so he could have Thanksgiving with my brother and stay with the cat or he could go with us.   He's coming with us.

LOL.  I'm guessing he made the correct decision ;)

Jane

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

Kevin, I would highly recommend going with the cheap phone. That way if you happen to fall into your neighbor's turtle pond ...

;D

Jane

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »

Great photos from DR GINNY and from DR JANE yesterday!

Ditto and ditto!!

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2011, 04:04:02 PM »

She's so beautiful, MBarnum.

Beautiful with a special quality about her.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »

Ron - Glad you're OK.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up