Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HAIRLESS  (Read 14008 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: HAIRLESS
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »

For those wondering about my comment re:  Leiber/Stoller/Mann/Weil above, here's an overview

Part of the original version is available here.  (I think the whole thing used to be on YouTube, but I can't find it right now).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:12 AM »

DR Ginny, those treats look so good. I am hungry now (didn't eat yet)!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »

I, on the other hand, am up.  Didn't quite get eight hours due to brain working overtime, but I have made the decision about book number twelve - it was an inevitable decision, I suppose, but it's made and I scribbled down my first notes this morning whilst in bed before arising.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:07 AM »

If I'm to jog, I will be out the door at ten.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late because I wanted to and could. I've receivedno summons to Encores! from Joshie, so I am guessing that all is under control for tomorrow's rehearsal.  I have a couple of neighborhood errands to run, including a walk to 72nd Street to pick up my new glasses, a few bills to pay, and an barber appointment to make for tomorrow before the Encores! band rehearsal.

I need to type up my bar count for THE RED MILL and finish all of the other prep work on getting the score ready to go. Once that's finished, I can begin on ROBERTA. The recording dates for next year are set, so all we have to do now is see if some performers we want can freeze thedates for principal roles.
Great news on the recording dates.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »

I, on the other hand, am up.  Didn't quite get eight hours due to brain working overtime, but I have made the decision about book number twelve - it was an inevitable decision, I suppose, but it's made and I scribbled down my first notes this morning whilst in bed before arising.
Fess up. You were dreaming about "Burlesque" and you just couldn't sleep for the nightmares.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »

Greetings from Eppley airfield in Omaha.  They have free wifi here if you watch a 20 second ad, ok, I can do that, lol

Laura

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »

The church alarm went off at 6:20 a.m. I was the last person there last night.

However, the police officers who checked said all the doors were secure. So we have no idea why the alarm went off.

Wasn't that an exciting story?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »

Cynthia Weill Graduated With Me from Walden(Private School-1 West 88th Street,New York In 1952-No Longer in Operation) In Our Yearbook This Is What was Said About Cyn....

"Better Known as "Sin"(Short For Cynthia)...Likes Dancing...Everything From Ballet To The Charleston. Ambition: To Write For T.V....Spices Her Writing With Sparkling Wit....Just Found Out That She Is Artistically Inclined..Reputed Always To Get Her Man (Dead Or Alive). Pretty,Poised and Popular"

Cynthia Wrote To Me In Said Yearbook..

"Dear Arnold-Loads Of Luck!! How About Complimentary Tickets For Your First Opening Night."

Regretfully=I Lost Touch With Cynthia
What a nice story, except the losing touch part. Maybe she's on Facebook under a nickname or something.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:11 AM »

Safe travels, Cilliaz.

JMK

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »

Variety has reported that Nora Ephron is adapting LOST IN AUSTEN as a feature film.  I think I'm not the only fan of that miniseries here, IIRC.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »

The church alarm went off at 6:20 a.m. I was the last person there last night.

However, the police officers who checked said all the doors were secure. So we have no idea why the alarm went off.

Wasn't that an exciting story?
Unfortunately, that happens at my church so often we now have to pay every time the police have to show up.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »

It's a beautiful day here.  I could still see lots of evidence of this summer's flood when I drove down.   It does look like they've filled in the empty spaces under the railroad track where the dirt washed away and the tracks were suspended in mid air.   Not sure I'd want to go on those tracks any time soon

John G.

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »

Variety has reported that Nora Ephron is adapting LOST IN AUSTEN as a feature film.  I think I'm not the only fan of that miniseries here, IIRC.
You are correct, sir. I can imagine her trimming it and making it flabbier at the same time.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »

Thanks DR Laura

John G.

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »

Safe travels, Cilliaz.
And safe home.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »

OK, while the wi-fi is cooperating...

Here's proof that I really am in Europe - last Thursday in Paris:

Great photo!
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »

Last night, for some reason, my mother asked me how many cats and dogs we have in the family.  I added them up and came up with 7 dogs and 7 cats (it should really be 8 cats, I missed one)  My mother said "Oh my!  I hope they don't all expect Christmas presents!" 

John G.

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: INTUIT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  PRETTY LITTLE PICTURE

(Question:  PRETTY seems to be one Of Mr. Stephen Sondheim's Favorite Words-
 Agree? Any Other Favorite Sondheim Words?)

Dungeon.   :o
George.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:42 AM »

I have no idea why she is worried about the animals expecting gifts, but it really made me laugh

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »

On the other hand, I am just sick about all the exotic animals they killed in Ohio.  I get that you can't have Bengal tigers walking the streets at night, but it seems like they could have done something besides just shooting to kill

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »

There are a lot of people in the airport for a weekday in Omaha in October.    I still have an hour before we board, so I'll probably just hang out here in the food court, but it may actually take me 5 minutes to get through security!

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »

When I checked in, someone had left a boarding pass in the machine by the counter.  I told the person working there who said "Oh, just leave it, we'll get it later". Wouldn't you think they'd want to have the boarding pass at the counter?   

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »

My dad is starting to think that it's too "pricey" to go to Joplin for Thanksgiving.  He can afford this trip, so I told him I was invited and I was going and Mom said she wanted to go, so he could have Thanksgiving with my brother and stay with the cat or he could go with us.   He's coming with us.

Laura

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

Re the animals: If they had escaped from a zoo, I think they'd have had the proper conditions and equipment to tranquilize them. Sadly, this wasn't the case.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »

John, I am the first one called when the alarm goes off. Usually I can get there and check it out. This time I forgot my phone at home, so the police were dispatched. The officers said that it is very rare that they are dispatched to my church, so I don't think we will be billed. Unless whatever is wrong with the security system keeps malfunctioning.

This was the preschool playground door -- and I remember checking that one last night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »

Re the animals: If they had escaped from a zoo, I think they'd have had the proper conditions and equipment to tranquilize them. Sadly, this wasn't the case.

I know, it just makes me sad

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »

I wonder if Sheriff Joe recalls testifying, or if he's forgotten that already.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:22 AM »

Think I'll wander to the gate.   See you in Chicago!

JMK

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »

Desk is assembled.  Glass top is COLD!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up