Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: POINT TAKEN  (Read 39855 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: POINT TAKEN
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »

QUICK HEALING VIBES FOR DR VIXTER!!!  I'm guessing you are on an antibiotic & stitches weren't needed.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »

I don't know the new guy DR GINNY - but Ed Stern was one of the founders of the Indiana Repertory Theatre in Indy.....later run into the ground by Libby Appel - it is just now recovering from her tenure.

Not that I'm a fan but she didn't seem to hurt the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

In other news, I completely forgot to attend DS Zach's Grandparents and Special People event today (since we have no other family in town, Betsy and I always end up going).  I'm thinking a well placed bribe of $20 might help ameliorate any deep seated rage.  :)

It is difficult to imagine Zach was the only one there without a grandparent.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »

It won't be that funny if i get lice now since i managed to avoid it throughout my whole childhood.

DO NOT SHARE COMBS OR BRUSHES, HATS & COATS!!!  Is the school doing a check with a bright light?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »

It won't be that funny if i get lice now since i managed to avoid it throughout my whole childhood.

DO NOT SHARE COMBS OR BRUSHES, HATS & COATS!!!  Is the school doing a check with a bright light?

I don't think the school is checking. But the parents are telling the kids not to hug (all the girls like to hug each other). They have sent home notes and emails. And the parents are supposed to check their own kids each day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

MEGA HEALING VIBES to DR RON!! May you remain comfortable. Will you be off work long?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »

HEALING VIBES to THE VIXTER as well!! And coping vibes to the rest of the Vixfamily!

Michael

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »

Harryhausen fans may be interested to know that niche label Legend Films has released two of Ray's early (as in 1930s) pieces on Blu.  I haven't gotten my screener yet, but my review should be up sometime in the next week.

Are you sure its the 1930's? That would make him a teenager as he was born in 1920.
Never stop dreaming.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »

I have had NO END of crapola to take care of the last few weeks--countless hours on the phone taking care of things due to other people's mistakes, including one very large bank, which will not admit to any wrongdoing. ARRRGGGHHHH!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »

Mike, I didn't know you're a Peggy Lee fan. My friend Anna worked for her. Anna and I had lunch today and were chatting about her.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »

I don't think the school is checking. But the parents are telling the kids not to hug (all the girls like to hug each other). They have sent home notes and emails. And the parents are supposed to check their own kids each day.

Bryan got it in elementary school along with the several children seated near him and/or with coat hangers next to each other.  Because I shared my comb & brush with Bryan & Craig, while Keith didn't, we all had it.  Their friends who played at our house didn't get it.  It is much easier to see in dark hair than in light hair, which the boys had back then.  I had to put all the stuffed toys & various items in plastic bags for about a month.  We used that horrible shampoo.  Since then I've read putting Petroleum Jelly on the scalp seals the lice in & kills them.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »

Jane, I was sorry to hear about your bee sting. There's an excellent product called STING STOP that I keep on hand. It's also good for itchy rashes.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »

Coping vibes for DR Jeanne!

No lice vibes for the family of DR Jennifer!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »

Congrats to DS Zach.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »

Thanks, Jane.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

Jane, I was sorry to hear about your bee sting. There's an excellent product called STING STOP that I keep on hand. It's also good for itchy rashes.

Thank you.  If I see it I'll get it.  Friends who hike say they carry meat tenderizer to make a paste if they get stung by anything when hiking.  I carried it for years & never got stung-guess I shouldn't have stopped.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »

No lice vibes for the family of DR Jennifer!

~~~Ditto and Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »

Welcome home to DR Ginny.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2011, 05:43:15 PM »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »

A GORGEOUS day here in LA!! Chilly last night, but warm and dry and beautiful day.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »

What's with all the dental stuff? I saw the dentist today--just a cleaning, fortunately.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »

This morning I went to the gym & mostly worked my lower body.  I then returned home to change & have half a peanut butter & jam sandwich before rushing back out to hike Sherlock.  I was so short on time Craig made my sandwich while I changed & Keith drove separately to the trails.   I only had 20 minutes to take a very fast hike before leaving Keith & Sherlock to drive to PT.  Poor Sherlock apparently wasn't happy I went missing & kept looking for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »

TTFN.

Michael

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »

The story;

I was in my backyard and I heard a noise. I looked into the garbage pail and saw a squirrel waist deep in water. I took pity, ran inside, got some plastic gloves, and reached in to rescue the forsaken animal. It went well until he was an inch from the ground I was lowering him too- then he bit me.

I can now say that that was the worst pain I have felt in a while- like my finger was trapped in a door or a clamp or something. I shook him off, ran inside yelling "A squirrel bit me!" and found that I had two small puncture oles on my finger and a scratch on my hand, only one hole was actually bleeding though.

The next few hours were spent at the emergency room. =_= I'd been home from Philidelphia less then an hour, and had already disrupted the entire day and caused a mass panic among my family and a few friends.

oops.

Of course, tipping the bin over never occured to me until five people asked me why I didn't do it. Oh well. Hopefully I won't be taking the medicine for forever. ^^"

But I may turn into a were- squirrel next full moon. >> <<

Glad to hear that they didn't give you rabies shots. They are not fun!!
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »

The story;

I was in my backyard and I heard a noise. I looked into the garbage pail and saw a squirrel waist deep in water. I took pity, ran inside, got some plastic gloves, and reached in to rescue the forsaken animal. It went well until he was an inch from the ground I was lowering him too- then he bit me.

I can now say that that was the worst pain I have felt in a while- like my finger was trapped in a door or a clamp or something. I shook him off, ran inside yelling "A squirrel bit me!" and found that I had two small puncture oles on my finger and a scratch on my hand, only one hole was actually bleeding though.

The next few hours were spent at the emergency room. =_= I'd been home from Philidelphia less then an hour, and had already disrupted the entire day and caused a mass panic among my family and a few friends.

oops.

Of course, tipping the bin over never occured to me until five people asked me why I didn't do it. Oh well. Hopefully I won't be taking the medicine for forever. ^^"

That's actually the first thing that I thought of. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2011, 06:01:59 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~ Feel better vibes for Ron P. ~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »

The story;

oops.

That's actually the first thing that I thought of. :-\

It didn't bite unprovoked ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2011, 06:06:48 PM »

By the way, has anybody heard of some bandleader named Edmundo Ros?

I think he lives in Arizona.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »

Sitzprobe for "Parade" this evening. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be conducting this show. I'll save further comment for this evening.
We want comments.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up