Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 15  (Read 42261 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 15
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »

Keith saw a recipe for FRUITCAKE-INSPIRED BROWNIES he thinks would be good.  I might attempt it as my book group is meeting here on Tuesday morning.  I'm not so sure though, any opinions?
http://www.food52.com/recipes/14791_fruitcakeinspired_brownies

This recipe sounds a lot better than the name would suggest.  Maybe you should just call them Holiday Brownies.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

I've been poking around the internets and just found out that Elmer Bernstein recorded a version of the Love Song from Mutiny on the Bounty!  Yes, I have found and bought the LP.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »

DR TCB I read your post on FB.  Maybe it is time to let your friend's know just what help you need.  What happened to the fundraiser from your theater friends?

I read your post, Jane.  Thank you.  I also wondered what happened to the fundraiser.  I asked my friend and she said that basically she figured that the need (back in August) was so immediate that she squelched the idea, because they wouldn't have been able to put it together until November.

I said, "Well it is November now."  She said that it was too late to do it now.  Thank you very much.

::)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »

Maybe Kritzerland will release that Bernstein LP on CD, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say n'more.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »

:D
DR vixmom--you should have stopped by to say hello on your way to the airport (DCA)  the other day.  It sounds like you had time to kill.
:D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:02 PM »

'night

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »

For the first time I am first in the library queue for a book which will be released on the 8th.  When my library will have it I don't know.

I saw the new listing at Goodreads for THE BOY IN THE SUITCASE....http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10776592-the-boy-in-the-suitcase

Are you never first because there are so many libraries that go in the same system?

I am almost always first. And hate it when i'm not :)

Although I reserve the books i want way in advance.  There are some popular authors that i do not read (like danielle steel or james paterson).  You can reserve those well in advance and still not be first.

vixmom

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

vixdad took us to IHOP for dinn loaded baked potato soup and 1/2 pot roast sammich....... now i must sleep.......

vixmom

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »

Vibes for Laura's son!!

vixmom

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »

Vibes for   our dear TCB

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »

DR TCB I read your post on FB.  Maybe it is time to let your friend's know just what help you need.  What happened to the fundraiser from your theater friends?

I read your post, Jane.  Thank you.  I also wondered what happened to the fundraiser.  I asked my friend and she said that basically she figured that the need (back in August) was so immediate that she squelched the idea, because they wouldn't have been able to put it together until November.

I said, "Well it is November now."  She said that it was too late to do it now.  Thank you very much.

:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »

What Bernstein LP is it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:35 PM »

Re Funny Girl, funnily the Ahmanson called me last week and said that if they couldn't license the overture from the OBC that they'd want me to record it for their radio spots.  And frankly, even from that conversation it didn't sound like there was much energy for this thing.  I think maybe someone got off their medication and realized just who they'd hired to direct and star - when you have a musical COMEDY, with a starring role for a major comedienne, then you'd better have a director who knows comedy (Bart Sher is a fine director - but even in his lovely South Pacific revival none of the comedy really worked at all, save for Danny Burstein, who was just doing his thing), and a star who is a first-class clown and, in the case of Funny Girl, more than a first-class singer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

My poor son had all four wisdom teeth removed today. He just got home. Poor guy. Wait until that novacaine wears off.

Hope he has some good pain meds. I got mine out when I was in college and man did I need them

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »

I've had a rather annoying afternoon.  Having to adjust rehearsal scheds for next week - one of our cast members wrote down the wrong start date ages ago and booked a reading that happens next weekend, so I have to now work around that.  Another cast member can't be there Monday night, and then is out of town from Thursday to Sunday.  Another cast member can't be there the ENTIRE Thanksgiving week - which means he's gone for seven days and then goes right into our one and only tech rehearsal, which is a little nutty - thankfully, he's singing songs he's done in various Gardenia shows, so he knows them at least, but it makes the three run-throughs that week absolutely hellacious.  We sent out an group e-mail explaining this is not like the Gardenia shows - two rehearsals and flying by the seat of our pants - this is a fully staged professional production which we hope to have other theaters see in hopes of moving it.  This thing is scaring the hell out of me - I'm sure once we get into it I'll feel more at ease but I sure don't feel at ease right now. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »

My poor son had all four wisdom teeth removed today. He just got home. Poor guy. Wait until that novacaine wears off.

hmmm  did you tell him he was going to the Vet or just throw him in the carrier?

DR Sandra mind your teeth !  First Joshie and now your brother   she'll be coming after you next!!!

LOL!!!!  :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »

Then, I'm driving to the mail place.  I leave my house, turn left on the street to the east of me and am literally driving fifteen miles an hour because, you know, I've just made a slow turn and haven't even had much of a chance to put my foot on the gas pedal.  But, to my left, there's one of those disgusting Studio City entitled parents who have RUINED this neighborhood beyond belief and she shoots me this look and gives a slow down gesture.  This happens a lot in this neighborhood and I'd just had it.  I slammed on my brakes, rolled down my window and said, "WHAT?"  She said, "Slow down, there are children in this neighborhood and the speed limit is twenty-five miles an hour."  I got a little louder than usual and said, "No, incorrect, the speed limit in this neighborhood is thirty-five miles an hour and I was going fifteen so I don't understand your problem, lady.  I've lived here a hell of a lot longer than you, I'm a parent, I love children, and your parenting is a lot scarier than my driving well under the speed limit."  She just gave me an entitled look and I drove off before doing what I knew I was about to do - get out of my car and have a real conversation.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

I tried to find just the video of this murmuration (starlings) over the River Shannon in Ireland, but I could only find it connection to the Huffington Post.  Still, it is incredible to watch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/murmuration-starlets_n_1072687.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%7C109704

That's really cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »

Then I had to make the LACC gals CDRs, which I'll drive over to the school in the morning.  Then the Time Machine backup has literally not been off my desktop for more than ten minutes without it doing another backup.  Something is clearly wrong.  It should do one an hour, but Apple won't or can't figure it out and says as long as it's not getting an error message that it's doing its job.  Sorry, its job is not to jam up this computer every ten minutes with these endless backups.  And the backups are taking forever because it's backing up WAY too much stuff - it's only supposed to backup the new stuff, not the whole damn enchilada - that it's supposed to do once an evening.  I've about had it with this thing.  And because it's doing what it's doing it has nuked all the older backups and that does not make me comfortable at all.  This is a 500 gig backup drive yet my backups only now go back two or three weeks because of the way in which it's constantly backing up everything on the computer every ten damn minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »

I started to watch a motion picture, but I just get so irritated at this stuff that I can't concentrate and being overtired does not help.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »

And then every three minutes there's a new spambot registration here - I get hundreds now every week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »

Then I saw the test page for Filichia on Friday - hated everything about it except for a fun header at the top of the page - I again had to get louder than I like because I could not get the designer to understand why I hated it even though I was being very clear.

Laura

« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »

My son woke up a little bit ago. He asked for some ibuprofen, saying it didn't hurt too bad. After a few minutes went by, he asked for a pain pill. (The pharmacist said he could take both.) Then he went back to bed.

When I had mine out, they did it in two surgeries. The second surgery, I had a crawling baby and a toddler to care for. I wasn't able to take any "good" pain meds.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »

Good Evening!

The invited dress went very well. Things really fell into place, and the show had a nice groove to it.  It's also as short as I kept telling people it was. -Especially since most of the ballet music ended up getting cut.

We have a brief notes/fixes call tomorrow afternoon, and then first paying audience tomorrow night. I'm mainly looking forward to not have another 14-hour this week.  I've already had four of them in a row.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

And now I'm waiting for a friend from NYC who gave a recital here tonight. We'll be catching up over an adult beverage. Or two. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »

There's a virus in the air today, JMK. I found a copy of "Betty Buckley 1967" in  dollar bin and it has a bossa nova version of "C'est Magnifique" on it. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »

Good Evening!

The invited dress went very well. Things really fell into place, and the show had a nice groove to it.  It's also as short as I kept telling people it was. -Especially since most of the ballet music ended up getting cut.

We have a brief notes/fixes call tomorrow afternoon, and then first paying audience tomorrow night. I'm mainly looking forward to not have another 14-hour this week.  I've already had four of them in a row.
Did the ballet music get cut because the choreographer couldn't work fast enough?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »

Then I saw the test page for Filichia on Friday - hated everything about it except for a fun header at the top of the page - I again had to get louder than I like because I could not get the designer to understand why I hated it even though I was being very clear.
Rest vibes.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up