Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 15  (Read 42127 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: KRITZERLAND AT THE GARDENIA 15
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

This future star played a supporting role (winning several Emmys IIRC) on a long running tv series which starred one of JR's most adored celebrities.  :)

Why, it must be Megan Mullally!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »

I just heard a telephonic voice mail message from Mike Stoller who said he was "bowled over" by the show and the material

Congrats on a successful show!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »

DR Vixmom I'm impressed with the speed you maneuvered through security.  With my implant I would have missed the plane unless they held it for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Page Three Shindig Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »

Great to hear about the success of the Gardenia show!

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »

Yes, we did run out after the show (we always do because I have to be in the office at 6:30 the next morning).  I usually say goodnight to Bruce before leaving, but he was occupied and I also wanted to say hello to Steve Yudson (one of the dancing dildos) whom I hadn't seen in perhaps 15 years.

As for the show itself, a splendid time was had by all.  I paid my respects to the people I knew (Adryan Russ is always so kind and welcoming) or had met before.  Janet and I had a marvelous time.  Interestingly enough, there were only a few songs last night that I don't think I already had a recording of, as I had some of the some of the earlier work from a little CD called "The Music of Bruce Kimmel."  I just looked it up on Amazon and I'm amazed -- there' only 1 copy for sale and it's going for $71.99!  Mine is signed by Bruce (he scribbled, "My God!  You have one of these!" and no, it's not for sale. 

Bruce was very self-effacing because the room was lousy with songwriters.  Well I gotta tell ya, Bruce has written some great stuff and my only disappointment last night was that I didn't hear all of the songs I'd hoped for (I have a soft spot in my heart for a song called "3 Acts.")

Anyway, the show was some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on, and my wife and I are looking forward to the Christmas show in December.
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »

I also received an advance copy of the Brando MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY yesterday.  Don't believe everything you read is all I can say.  More later.

??  I am afraid I'm going to need more info, DR JMK!

I have the HD-DVD and it is, in a four-syllable word, SPEC-TAC-U-LAR!

Please tell me they didn't ruin it for Blu-ray!

No, quite the opposite, though you wouldn't know it from the Forums (Fora?).  :)

I visited the active Blu-ray.com forum...and was not surprised in the least at everyone -- without seeing it at all -- condemning it as badly done.  What a farce.  And screen caps....sorry, but you cannot judge how a film looks by screen caps alone.  They are always a bit fuzzy/soft, IMO.

There's a lot of anal 'tude at that forum.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »

Especially the screencaps at DVD Beaver - his are the worst and never resemble in the least what a transfer will look like - and yet, despite everyone saying that, they all use those caps as "evidence" that the transfer is a bust - it may well be but I'm not judging until I see it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »

Congrats to BK and the Cast of Gardenia 15: Kimmelsongs!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 11:57:21 AM »

So BK, when are you going to record (or better yet, videorecord) one of these Gardenia concerts??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

TOD:

Author:  Stephen King

Have you seen this?

Great review, JMK...I checked out the DVD from the library, but because of "The Hound of the Baskervilles," I didn't get a chance to watch it before it was due.  I couldn't renew it because there were requests.

George

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »

The BD has almost an hour of recently discovered footage that was excised from the final version of the film and there's a most amusing cameo by someone who would later become a rather well known television star, and who, I believe, may even be a close personal acquaintance of BK's.

That sounds interesting.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »

Especially the screencaps at DVD Beaver - his are the worst and never resemble in the least what a transfer will look like - and yet, despite everyone saying that, they all use those caps as "evidence" that the transfer is a bust - it may well be but I'm not judging until I see it.

You'll have accurate screencaps to go by soon.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »

:P

Or anyone else in that show.

Thanks for the warning DR JMK
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »

Happy to read all of the kudos for MR BK and Co.

Praise from Mr Stoller is praise indeed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »

I like Marlon Brando and Mutiny on the Bounty - but I doubt that I will pay full price for a Blu Ray since I have only watched the DVD a couple of times in the past few years.

JMK

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »

You tell me if this doesn't look pretty damned good.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2011, 01:25:11 PM »

TOD - someday, I'd love to sit down and chat with our esteemed bk, whether it was a meal or just a chat.  Someday....

Doug R

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »

Thank JMK. Great review. Can't wait to get this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

It does.  Nice review, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »

It does.  Nice review, too.

Ditto and ditto.

Michael

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »

Yes, we did run out after the show (we always do because I have to be in the office at 6:30 the next morning).  I usually say goodnight to Bruce before leaving, but he was occupied and I also wanted to say hello to Steve Yudson (one of the dancing dildos) whom I hadn't seen in perhaps 15 years.

As for the show itself, a splendid time was had by all.  I paid my respects to the people I knew (Adryan Russ is always so kind and welcoming) or had met before.  Janet and I had a marvelous time.  Interestingly enough, there were only a few songs last night that I don't think I already had a recording of, as I had some of the some of the earlier work from a little CD called "The Music of Bruce Kimmel."  I just looked it up on Amazon and I'm amazed -- there' only 1 copy for sale and it's going for $71.99!  Mine is signed by Bruce (he scribbled, "My God!  You have one of these!" and no, it's not for sale. 

Bruce was very self-effacing because the room was lousy with songwriters.  Well I gotta tell ya, Bruce has written some great stuff and my only disappointment last night was that I didn't hear all of the songs I'd hoped for (I have a soft spot in my heart for a song called "3 Acts.")

Anyway, the show was some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on, and my wife and I are looking forward to the Christmas show in December.

I am glad to see (hear) that someone else knows Bruce's 3 Acts which I listed in an earlier post. I recommend a listen to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

I also received an advance copy of the Brando MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY yesterday.  Don't believe everything you read is all I can say.  More later.

Does this release have the prologue that I have read about where it takes place years after the events and richard Hayden's character recounts the tale in flashback?
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »

BK, I am so happy that the show went well last night. That would have been such fun to see and hear! Sometimes I forget that you write songs, also, but boy do you!

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »

TOD:

Person who is currently at the top of their game.....hmmm....George Clooney perhaps? I don't know what I'd talk to him about though. Maybe the birds and the bees.

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »

TOD:

Oh of course, silly me....Akshay Kumar....he is one the the top actors in Hindi films, and he collects old movie posters. I'd love to lunch with him and have a chat. Maybe he would invite me over to see his collection.

JMK

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »

I am up to a really quite astonishing nine (!!) FedEx/UPS deliveries so far today.  I don't think I have EVER received so much review product in one day, it's mind boggling.

JMK

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »

It's a rare day when I get titles as diverse as JETHRO TULL:  AQUALUNG to DESTROY ALL MONSTERS.  :)

JMK

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 03:35:09 PM »

Oh, Lord, the BLUE VELVET fanatics are pestering me about not giving the film 5 out of 5 stars.  When did 4/5 become a bad score?

Laura

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »

My poor son had all four wisdom teeth removed today. He just got home. Poor guy. Wait until that novacaine wears off.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up