Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ  (Read 38719 times)

Ginny

Re: THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »

Back from learning all about teaching science in middle schools from a Wright State University professor.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »

MBarnum, please sit down and take a deep breath before you read this:

CBS is developing a remake of THE RIFLEMAN.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »

Sherlock is a strange dog, because I want him on top of me he will probably sleep on the floor.  I do have a heating pad.  I used to have two & one broke.  Keith pulled some muscles in his shoulder & chest & has been in a good amount of pain.  Last night he needed my heating pad.  I told him he has to share it with me tonight.  Of course I will only use it briefly until we go to sleep & then take it back.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

Be prepared to hear a lot about Ohio on the news:

Ohio Voters Reject Issue 2
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »

MBarnum, please sit down and take a deep breath before you read this:

CBS is developing a remake of THE RIFLEMAN.

We are also fans.  I don't think this makes me happy.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »

Be prepared to hear a lot about Ohio on the news:

Ohio Voters Reject Issue 2

I think we will.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »

'night

Laura

« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »

Jane: Electric blanket.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »

~~~VIBES FOR EVERYONE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »

Here is my very first post on HHW:

Hello All,

I know it's late in the evening (do I get a prize for being the last post of the evening?), but this is my very first posting on this website: I am a chronic lurker and parenthetical user (I'm getting professional help). I would like to put in my two cents about the male and female non-theatrical singers...for no other reason than just because. I have been in love with the five singers of The Manhattan Transfer. Tim Hauser, Alan Paul, Janis Siegel (my favorite of the bunch), Laurel Masse (original member, left the group in 1979) and Cheryl Bentyne (in the group since 1979). Individually they each have a wonderful sense of musicianship and style, but put them together and watch out! Incredible singing. That's my two cents.

The CDs that I've been listening to lately: Elaine Stritch At Liberty (love it - listened to it twice in one day) and Thoroughly Modern Millie (like it - twice in one week).

Well, until the next time.

PS. I would like to personally thank Mr. Kimmel (and/or Mr. Bakalor) for knowing how to correctly spell "a lot," (or for at least knowing how to use a spellchecker). A website with which Mr. Kimmel is no longer affiliated, no longer spells it correctly and even the incorrect spellings aren't consistent. I've seen "allot" and "alot" a lot.

Posted by George @ 07/09/2002 11:01 PM PST

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »

And now, it's time to go home.

Until later.

JMK

« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »

When I was on my LOST HORIZON kick, which preceded my MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY kick, but came after my EDMUNDO ROS kick, I ordered a bunch of CDs/LPs that had cover versions of the LH tunes on them.  I just got a UK import by something called the Film Score Orchestra.  There are no credits whatsoever on the CD or insert and it troubles me greatly that I know without a doubt that the arrangements are by JOHNNY GREGORY, whose kick I was on last year.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »

Here's the skivvy on THE RIFLEMAN:

The Eye is developing a redo of the Western drama, with Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penning the script and exec producing for CBS TV Studios. Chris Columbus, who has a development deal with CBS TV Studios, is attached to direct and exec producer. Carol Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz are also exec producing.

The original half-hour drama ran on CBS from 1958-1963. It starred Chuck Connors as a skilled gunman and widowed Civil War hero who moves to uncharted New Mexico territory to raise his young son and gets recruited by the sheriff to help protect the unruly town.

The original series was created by Jules Levy, Arthur Gardner and Arnold Laven. Robert Levy, Steven Gardner and Arthur Gardner are exec producing the remake.

Deal for the remake was orchestrated by WME and attorney Dan Black of Greenberg Traurig.

JMK

« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2011, 07:51:11 PM »

Speaking of LOST HORIZON, the remastered 5.1 soundtrack is evidently now available on the MOD.  I ordered a replacement from Amazon today.

JMK

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »

Who can spot the error in that VARIETY article about THE RIFLEMAN?  I thought something was off, and it seems I am correct.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »

Back from learning all about teaching science in middle schools from a Wright State University professor.

Is there something you aren't telling us?

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »

Sherlock is a strange dog, because I want him on top of me he will probably sleep on the floor.  I do have a heating pad.  I used to have two & one broke.  Keith pulled some muscles in his shoulder & chest & has been in a good amount of pain.  Last night he needed my heating pad.  I told him he has to share it with me tonight.  Of course I will only use it briefly until we go to sleep & then take it back.

Do you have a down comforter? I have mine under a quilt and it's really warm and toasty

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »

OK. I"m feeling more rested, but really need to get a good night's sleep tonight so I can get back in the swing of things tomorrow.   Night all

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »

Back from a fun rehearsal, about which more later.  Poor Jose is under a mountain of hard to read music, some of which has now had keys changed, so he's got his work cut out for him - but he has the patience of a saint and I'm in very good hands.  I actually blocked six numbers tonight, so we got a little ahead of the game.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »

Thankfully I'd been alerted to the flooding problem and other than doing the four-mile jog this morning, stayed home until lunch - I went to Jerry's but always go in the street that runs in back of it, so no Ventura Blvd. problems.  I only got one package today, so hopefully more tomorrow.  Eating some snacks from Gelson's.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »

Believe me, Melody would love to play Adriana Hofstetter and we've spoken about it many times.  In a year, who knows?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2011, 10:42:14 PM »

Good Evening!

Would someone get this mountain off of me?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Back from a fun rehearsal, about which more later.  Poor Jose is under a mountain of hard to read music, some of which has now had keys changed, so he's got his work cut out for him - but he has the patience of a saint and I'm in very good hands.  I actually blocked six numbers tonight, so we got a little ahead of the game.

Um... That should be "Saint" with a capital "S".

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »

Otherwise...

It was a good rehearsal, and I just need to spend a few hours tomorrow getting my book in order. -At least the first version of it. Tonight was about building a sense of trust and security with the inexperienced singers in the cast. And, I believe, bk and I were successful in that regard.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2011, 10:59:03 PM »

In other news...

I called the hospital where my mother is staying(?) to see if I could talk to her doctor or nurse. After being transferred a few times, they connected me with her main attending nurse. When I asked her about the specifics about my mom's condition, she replied, "Well, she's right here next to me. Why don't I give the phone to her."

-Insert "sad trombone" sound here. ::)

In any case, I asked my mom a few more questions, and, she gave me a bit more information. I also found out that she had talked to my brother, Jay, earlier in the day, and she also spoke to Jay's new wife, Christy. Christy is a nurse. So...

My mom is on the mend, and she should be allowed to go home in another day or two. Thankfully, my father is now in ultra-protective/preventative mode, and he's been doing what I did a few years ago after my mom had her heart surgery: getting rid of all of the bad "stuff" in their cupboard and refrigerator at home. Additionally, he's going to try to get my mom out of her night owl mode. No more late night TV, no more going to bed at 3:00am. I wish him well. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »

And in other news...

It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles. A beautiful Fall day in Los Angeles.

When I headed out earlier, I took the Red Line down to Pershing Square, and just walked around for a couple of hours. I sampled two coffee places, checked out some possible future dining destinations, and wandered around the grounds of the Disney Concert Hall. As it turned out, the Los Angeles Philharmonic had just started their "Bench" seat sale for some of their upcoming concerts. The Bench seats are the ones on stage, behind the orchestra. And when they go on sale, they're only $18 a piece. Quite a great bargain. So, I picked up some tickets to two of their upcoming concerts. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:41:28 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2011, 11:19:36 PM »

Good morning, all! I am on DJ's laptop and moving cautiously while I figure out this keyboard and cursor. I think I want one now, so perhaps DR Jose and I will look into this when he returns.

MacBook?  Richard and I love ours.

I would recommend a MacBook for DR Elmore too. -Especially since he already has a Mac at home.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:15 PM »

In the late 1990's, I started my cast recording/theatre related CD collection (or call it what you will) and I kept purchasing these CD's with a brown spine and produced by this guy named Bruce Kimmel. I was an avid chat-ter on IRC and I was internet friends with Mark Bakalor who somehow got himself involved with this same Bruce Kimmel.  I kept on eye on what Bruce was doing and was excited when he started the "other" label, and then he disappeared.  I don't remember how I found this site, but I've been here on and off since 2002.  Happy Anniversary.

Brown? I thought they were maroon or a very dark burgundy. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »

So, how does Gloria Allred seem to be with ALL the women accusing men of things?

I've always wondered about that too. And if she really takes on a bunch of those cases pro bono. I think. Does she have a staff of people who monitor newspaper clippings and Google alerts?

I've also always wondered if she gets some sort of kickback from the designer of the business suits she wears. Sort of like a product placement thing. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »

Or something like that.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up