Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COLLECTOR  (Read 6180 times)

Ginny

Re: THE COLLECTOR
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »

DR Jane - that book has been on our "back burner" for a while now.  I think I'll declare it our March selection!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:54 PM »

I'm glad you will be reading it.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »

Next month we are reading THE GOOD EARTH.  I can't find my copy & I can't find an eBook.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »

Had I been able to log in from my Nook this morning I would have been the first poster after Bruce.  For some reason it wouldn't accept my name & password.  I just logged off & on and all was fine.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »

I can smell that the heat has been turned on.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 04:18:39 PM »

I don't feel anything yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »

Back from a good rehearsal and then a quick sandwich and onion rings.  Had two packages but no important envelope, which will hopefully be here on Monday.

Now, I REALLY recommend we get off this damn page.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »

Nice.  I like them so I can remember what I paid.  I never remember anymore what things cost.

Me, neither.  It ticks me off when I'm shopping and the very thing I want isn't priced.  Prices on everything BUT the item I'm interested in.  When I get to the checkout, they always ask if I found what I was looking for.  I let them know that "No! I could find no price on such-and-such."   They find out the price, tell me, and if I like the price they send someone to fetch it for me and go ahead and ring it up.   I do like good service.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

I usually take the item up with me & have it priced at the checkout, no waiting then & they can return the item if I don't want it.  Of course that doesn't work well for frozen items.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »

I went into the bedroom to read, and warm up, on my heating pad.  I did as much dozing as reading.  When I came out the house wasn't so chilly.  Now I'm finally comfortable.

The heating system isn't completely set up.  We are running on "emergency" which is more costly to use & could blow a fuse.  With luck it will work until Monday when they finish setting everything properly.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »

It really is quiet today.  I know I'm sleepy from lack of sleep last night.  I ate too much many helpings of the jumbili which was really stupid, but yummy.

Michael

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »

BK

Is the replacement singer from Promises Promises have a brother and sister who also have done Broadway and that sister won a Tony Award and recorded a solo album with you?
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »

Good evening. I had a busy day.  I did a little creative design to create a covering for two single pane old windows down the basement.  They have very wide ledges where the cats like to sit, so I had to try to maintain that.   I got the acrylic that they make plastic windows out of, cut it to fit, pushed it in and sealed it with foam insulation tape.  I can already tell a difference

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

I also decided to start doing the office books at home, because it's really hard to get them done at the office.  I was pretty nervous about being able to move the Quick Books, but it went well.  Now I don't have to go back to the office on nights or weekends to balance the checkbook etc.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »

Tonight I went to a bon fire party in the country.  It was a nice enough time.  I dressed warmly enough not to freeze, so that was good.  The downside is now that I'm home I still reek of smoke from the fire.  Think I'll go take a shower

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »

I have gotten everything set up for the concert and am relaxing before the choir arrives.

In other exciting news, I purchased the December 1970 LOOK Magazine with the feature article on SCROOGE in it, which I still remember from my youth.  It frightens me sometimes that these trivial items are stored away in my memory banks.
I don't have anything else but trivia stored in my brains. I can remember passages from Time reviews of Merrily We Roll Along or photos from On the 20th Century in magazines of the era, Pauline Kael comments on Robert Altman and interviews with Stephen Sondheim in the early 1970s. I can't remember people I met yesterday. Or remember people I've met a dozen times.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »

Parade is going well.  It's a piece of theatre that I believe everyone should see as it does not get produced much, with good reason, of course.  But this a great show.  The company and the cast are publicizing the hell out of it.  We're hoping that the final weekend will be sold out.  It deserves it. 
I found a copy of the script today in a volume that also has "The Wild Party," "Rent" and "Floyd Collins." I'm looking forward to reading it and LaChiusa's Wild Party. Vibes for the weekend performances.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »

We are shy on postings today. Unfortunately, I have to get back to work.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »

But here's a freebie.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

Or two.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »

must be something or othere in retro grade =--- Jrand will have to tel lus --- we lost  our internet for a while today too
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »

Wow - 11:30pm and only 3 pages.   Wow is all I have.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »

BK

Is the replacement singer from Promises Promises have a brother and sister who also have done Broadway and that sister won a Tony Award and recorded a solo album with you?

Yes, Ilene Graff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2011, 11:44:31 PM »

Okay, we are still on page three and have not only hit a new low for this board, we've hit a HUGE new low.  Not happy in the City of Studio.  At all.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2011, 11:44:48 PM »

BK

Yes, Ilene Graff.

She was the Mom on Mr Belvedere if I recall...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2011, 01:02:04 AM »

Well, Jose must have been out painting the town.  I can't tell you how close I am to not changing the topic and locking this one.  CLOSE, baby, CLOSE. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up