Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVEN AND HELL  (Read 9780 times)

Ginny

Re: HEAVEN AND HELL
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »

*Details to come after some more discussions. -But it's a GOOD WOW!

:) :) :) :) :)

Looking forward to hearing the details, DR Jose!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »

*Details to come after some more discussions. -But it's a GOOD WOW!

:) :) :) :) :)

And how long do you think said discussions might take...and you can announce?? 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »

Using the AMAZON drop down menus for "returning" my LOST HORIZON takes me in circles and I can't find the right combination to get a new one.

I'm just going to return mine for credit and reorder it later...maybe directly from the Warner site, even though it'll cost more.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »

A Question for BK:

Melody's mom sent the announcement to the nice fellow who actually keeps the dog and trains it (the owner/trainer has trained others to train) - the dog is great and that guy is great - but he was so excited and happy that he sent it to the owner/trainer never imagining this guy would react like that.  He's sorry he did now, but I don't blame him.  Entitlement and greed.  The names of the game.  Again, if we were not using the two little images in a photo collage with twenty other little images that you can barely see because there are three prominent things on that cover to which the eye goes - a large photo of Melody, her name, and the title of the CD.  It was ridiculous but he would not even address my points - would not even acknowledge my points were in the e-mail.  And we weren't using HIS photographs - he did not own these photos they were taken at Musical Theatre West and I can tell you they would have no problem given size and placement and the photo collage, which, by the way, is a new piece of art if you want to look at it that way.  His contention is that his contract with the Annie people is such that he can approve and control any use of any image of any dog used in a production of the show.  Again, if we were FEATURING it, calling it out, using it to exploit sales, he MIGHT have a point - he had no point given the actual use.

BK, did you update the picture on Kritzerland.com or does it still have the original photo?

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »

I used to teach a bit about copyright to aspiring teachers and told them to be VERY careful with what they reproduced because you never know when something like BK's tsuris can come up.  My students would just roll their eyes and look at me like I was Chicken Little, but I still say you never know...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

Using the AMAZON drop down menus for "returning" my LOST HORIZON takes me in circles and I can't find the right combination to get a new one.

I'm just going to return mine for credit and reorder it later...maybe directly from the Warner site, even though it'll cost more.

Find your order number and then have them call you via the Contact Us link.  My new one was delivered in 48 hours.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »

I agree, Ginny.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

Hey, who uploaded that picture of me and my family?  You're going to hear from my attorney!

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Doug R

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »

I live close to the London 2012 Olympics site. As a community representative, I've just been to a meeeting and presentation by the local Council about their plans for dealing with the huge number of visitors expected, and the logistics of transport, moving traffic around the area etc during the Games. All interesting stuff but one thing is for sure, as a resident in the area, it's going to be extremely difficult to get around with all the swarms of Olympic visitors. I had a property company contact me recently asking if I wanted to rent out my house for the duration, because of the difficulties visitors will have in finding accommodation; not to mention premium hotel prices.

JMK

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »

I live close to the London 2012 Olympics site. As a community representative, I've just been to a meeeting and presentation by the local Council about their plans for dealing with the huge number of visitors expected, and the logistics of transport, moving traffic around the area etc during the Games. All interesting stuff but one thing is for sure, as a resident in the area, it's going to be extremely difficult to get around with all the swarms of Olympic visitors. I had a property company contact me recently asking if I wanted to rent out my house for the duration, because of the difficulties visitors will have in finding accommodation; not to mention premium hotel prices.

But, Douig, if you rent out your house, where will all of us stay? 

JMK

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:21 PM »

I must say that one of the things that crossed my mind when my Mother died in 1997 is that I no longer would have a free place to stay at the SLC Olympics.  Politically incorrect, but true.  :)

JMK

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »

That's actually one of the nicer things I thought about my Mother when she died in 1997, but I digress.   :o

JMK

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

In other breaking news, Ricky Gervais will indeed be hosting the Golden Globes.

Doug R

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »

I hate Ricky Gervais.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »

But, Douig, if you rent out your house, where will all of us stay? 

My thoughts exactly, Doug.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »

I hate Ricky Gervais.
I have to disagree with you partially on that. I think he can be very funny, though the humor often makes my skin crawl. I thought "Extras" was hysterical, "The Office" was more difficult to watch. I don't like humor that sets people up to be embarrassed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »

I spy divarobbie.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

divarobbie

• There's always one step further down you can go...
    • RobbieRozelle.com
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »

I've been spied.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »

I just saw a "before-and-after" ad with the headline "57-year-old mom looks 25."

What I saw was a woman who looked to be about 67 who now looks to be about 47.   A nice transformation, but nothing like the headline.

Sooo, how did she do it?

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »

My first thought was "Are you going to rent out your place?"

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2011, 04:01:32 PM »

I've been spied.

Hi. It is nice to spy you. :)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

I must say that one of the things that crossed my mind when my Mother died in 1997 is that I no longer would have a free place to stay at the SLC Olympics.  Politically incorrect, but true.  :)

A human reaction.

Michael

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »

You know what the say: "Amazon is a circle without a beginning and nobody knows where it really ends."
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »

I am listening to the Brandenburgs, which always make me feel wonderful.

Oh I love The Brandenburgs!  Wasn't that Don Ameche and Frances Langford?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »

I have now cancelled my order for MELODYLAND.  If I can't see the dog, I don't want it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »

From DR JMK:
We have a favorite Thai restaurant here in Portland that prepares a special Tofu Pineapple Fried Rice just for me when we visit.

Sounds good. :)

Yeah, if they left off the tofu and the pineapple.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »

And since I'm meeting a friend before tonight's rehearsal... And since I have a little bit of work to get done before tonight's rehearsal...

Thank goodness.  BK can not go on carrying you every night.   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »

Hey, who uploaded that picture of me and my family?  You're going to hear from my attorney!

Prove it is your family and not hired "talent."
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »

I sepnt the last several hours composing a letter than I am sending out to a lot of friends and the few family members that I have left.  I am offering them a promissory note to be redeemed at the end of January for any financial assistance they can offer right now.  I kind of feel like, "I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today."
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »

I am back from a good production meeting, and we are off and rolling! The producer is going to deluge regional theatres with the show: the goal is five (5!!!!! count 'em !!!!!5) companies next year. Move over, White Christmas!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up