Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SAME OLD SAME OLD  (Read 10068 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE SAME OLD SAME OLD
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

By the way, the last day of my Los Angeles vacation was spent in Glendale. Downtown Glendale is so pretty and clean. I even stopped in at BK's bookstore of choice, BOOKFELLOWS....once they finally opened...the sign said they open at 11am...but nobody showed up until close to 1pm.

I keep meaning to stop in to Bookfellows too while I'm still in the 'hood.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »

!!!PAGE THREE DANCE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 01:21:26 PM »

And now I need to put a few more hours into getting my book and charts in order.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »

Waiting for a call from Rob and Mary Linda telling us that they're close enough to the local Verizon store for us to leave to meet them there.  From there, we'll go to the Meadows for Richard's birthday dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »

Rob just called - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

From DR Ginny:
Probably not, DR Jane, but she THINKS it will keep her from developing pneumonia.  Her doctor is humoring her, I suspect.

I'm glad the doctor doesn't normally prescribe antibiotics for a chest cold.  I understand your mother's fear of pneumonia.

Doug R

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »

I've gotten my first "real" cell phone.  It arrived yesterday afternoon.

For the past five or six years, I've been using a Siemens CT-66 pay-as-you-go phone, but it died a miserable death a week ago.

I finally decided on a phone and a plan, and I have the HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE Android phone through Verizon Wireless.

It's AWESOME!

It's SCARY!

It's FUN!
I signed up for a smartphone yesterday. Some plan called Republic Wireless that costs $20 a month. The waiting list is so long it will be next year before I get one. It's scary to me. Glad you're finding it fun.

I've had my smartplhone for a few months. It costs me about the same and provides unlimited internet access. I find it really useful and enjoyable to use.

Doug R

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

From DR Ginny:
Probably not, DR Jane, but she THINKS it will keep her from developing pneumonia.  Her doctor is humoring her, I suspect.

I'm glad the doctor doesn't normally prescribe antibiotics for a chest cold.  I understand your mother's fear of pneumonia.

Today is European Antibiotics Awareness Day, spreading the message about the inappropriate use of antibiotics.
http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/EAAD/Pages/Home.aspx/

Jane

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »

And the word of the day is: VULCANIZE!

Having a  sex chnage to become Leonard nimoy.

Why make would have a sex chnage to become male is beyond me..

Although if it not Leoanrd Nimoy and his role as Spock. Wy would anyone wnt to be Spoxk? You only have sex once every seven years that's more than ______________.

You fill in the blank.

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

Waiting for a call from Rob and Mary Linda telling us that they're close enough to the local Verizon store for us to leave to meet them there.  From there, we'll go to the Meadows for Richard's birthday dinner.

I missed his birthday because I was in Hilton Head! I send belated birthday wishes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »

Thanks Ginny, Ron, and George, but I wasn't particularly close to Uncle Richie. My mom's siblings all lived in Portland, so we didn't see them that often when I was growing up..at least not often enough for me to get to know them, and Uncle Richie tended to keep to himself in later years since he was so hard of hearing.
Add my condolences. I feel somewhat the same way you are about the recent death of my uncle, whom I hadn't seen in a decade. But my dad has taken the news harder than I thought, and I was grateful for support while helping him out.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »

A stupid Amazon vendor, who took their time responding to my requesst to return the wrong item they'd shipped, finally sent me an address.  On Oct 20 I returned the wrong DVD via priority mail. Today, a month later, the US Postal Service returned to me the unopened package which the vendor never bothered to pick up at the post office. I want my refund and I want them dead. Now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:44:29 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »

I've done the weekend shop but I won't say what meat I bought for the Sunday roast because I don't want to upset DR Jane.

Actually, although I like meat, I don't like the idea of eating animals either - I have to blank out those thoughts from my head. If I had to kill my own animals I would definitely be a vegetarian.

My mother made the best Shepard's pie.  It was my absolute favorite dish.   I used to make a vegetarian variation on this but of course it wasn't as good.

George Bernard Shaw was known to tie a live chicken to the chair of his guest saying if you want chicken you have to kill it yourself.  I find this a bit at odds with the message he was sending.  One of our early vegetarian cook books was from his recipes.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

DR Jane - I believe Jason's birthday is tomorrow. But I guess since he's in Japan right now, it is tomorrow. ;)

Yes, I was wishing him a happy birthday on Japan time.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

From DR Ginny:

Today is European Antibiotics Awareness Day, spreading the message about the inappropriate use of antibiotics.
http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/EAAD/Pages/Home.aspx/

Forty three years ago I worked for an allergist who was very anti antibiotics.  It is amazing after all these years the message still needs to get out. 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »

Thanks Ginny, Ron, and George, but I wasn't particularly close to Uncle Richie. My mom's siblings all lived in Portland, so we didn't see them that often when I was growing up..at least not often enough for me to get to know them, and Uncle Richie tended to keep to himself in later years since he was so hard of hearing.
Add my condolences. I feel somewhat the same way you are about the recent death of my uncle, whom I hadn't seen in a decade. But my dad has taken the news harder than I thought, and I was grateful for support while helping him out.

I'm sure your father appreciated & valued your help, especially when you weren't close to your uncle.

Michael

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »

They ticket jaywalkers in Salem.

Better than burning them at the stake. :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »

;D 

Wrong Salem on the opposite coast as the witch trials.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »

Back from a sandwich and no fries or onion rings, picking up a couple of packages but not the one I was expecting, and an important envelope, banking, and I've finished the liner notes and all that stuff and it's been sent to the designer.  Revised two little things in my commentary and I think I might just have an hour to relax.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2011, 03:18:28 PM »

Good Friday!

I hope that DR Jose is not breaking any of Glendale's, or nature's, laws today.

Score one for you, DR MBarnum. ;)

Hee, hee, you know that reminds me of a  story from my vacation that I forgot to share.

It happened on one of my various jaunts in which I got myself lost...I forget where I was heading...I think it was to have lunch with BK...but I somehow took a wrong turn, which seemd so right at the time....driving into some sort of canyon I finally pulled into a park of some sort....well, this park turned out to be a cruising area (if you know what I mean, and I know some of you DRs know what I mean ;)  )

There were several cars parked along this low fence. I got out and sat on the fence whilst trying to use my cell phone to figure out where the heck I was. I noticed each car had an occupant, and nobody was in the park except two truck drivers eating their lunch and a good looking guy jogging.

A young-ish gentleman got out of his pick-up and came over to me. He asked me a rather personal question....well, first he asked me if I was a cop, then when I said "no," he asked me the personal question.

I told him I was sorry that I couldn't oblige him at the moment,  but that I was in rather a hurry to figure out how to get where I was going. He left and then a couple of other guys got out of their cars and started circling me, so I thought it was best to go back and sit in my car until I could figure out on my phone map app where and how to get where I needed to be. It was too much distraction and I was getting late. LOL!

Finally, I figured out how to get where I needed to go...wish I could remember the name of that park...it seems like it was out in the boondocks, but I know I was still in Burbank and somehow taking San Fernando Blvd is what got me there.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 03:22:15 PM »

On an unrelated note, I am waiting to hear from my personal trainer to see if we are getting together this evening. We have a goal to reach.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »

Interesting story DR MBarnum.  I'm glad you got out of the park ok.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »

It just stopped snowing.  When I saw snow this morning I really didn't feel like returning the the pool, especially since I didn't feel well.  The snow eased up on the way to the gym & I began feeling a bit better.  By the time I got into the pool it felt good as I was able to stay about an hour. 

I'm pleased to report I can still do a one armed crawl though it does hurt a little.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

DR MBarnum - That's a great story. -Will you be sharing that with your niece or nephew any time soon? ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »

And...

I'm halfway through the one long chart I need to re-do/transpose, and I think I will leave it at for today. Now it's time to get ready to head in for rehearsal.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »

On an unrelated note, I am waiting to hear from my personal trainer to see if we are getting together this evening. We have a goal to reach.

Oh...is that what they're calling it, these days??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2011, 03:58:44 PM »

DR MBarnum - That's a great story. -Will you be sharing that with your niece or nephew any time soon? ;D

Or the police?

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »

My thoughts DR elmore.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »

Interesting story DR MBarnum.  I'm glad you got out of the park ok.

LOL! I don't think I was in any danger.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up