Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ART OF ASSEMBLING AN ALBUM  (Read 9635 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: THE ART OF ASSEMBLING AN ALBUM
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »

yesterday I received my LUCY SHOW SEASON FIVE dvd release.

It is most excellent - although most of the episodes are average Lucy.....still better than MOST of HERE'S LUCY.

Included is the 1967 special Lucy in London featuring Lucy and Tony Newley.....choreographed by MR BK's friend David Winters....and it's a lot of fun.  There is also a documentary about the filming of the special which is very interesting.

The color on all of the episodes and the special is very bright and fun.....and we also get to see the opening that featured Lucy's head on a jack-in-the-box that she hadn't bothered to look at until it opened the first episode of the 5th season....she saw it and was pretty horrified by the image.....so a new opening was created for her.....and the opening was changed after the first 10 episodes of the season.

The first 10 episodes of the set feature the dreaded jack in the box......

THe LUCY IN LONDON special is included?!?  Why didn't I hear about this?  It would be worth owning for the "Lucy In London" number alone!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »

PAGE FOUR LUCY IN LONDON DANCE:

I think this is she...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »

I am back from the McGlinnventory. Geri  and I went through all of the books on music, opera, composers, programs, plays, and libretti, sorting them into "Sale" (and pricing them for a minimum bid), "NYPL" for programs and all the plays in foreign language, and "Trash." We did find some good libretti to pt up for sale, like "Sitting Pretty." the 1927 "Show Boat," the 1938 "Boys from Syracuse," "Music On The Air," "Pipe Dream" and others. The weirdest set is the 21 volumes of the complete plays of Carlo Goldoni in Italian!

Wow! Two more boys have claimed molestation by Jerry Sandusky today. Where is DR MBarnum? Coincidence? Probably.
Will this be an online sale for libretti, etceteri?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »

Boy, I do not get Jackie Evancho and that trick voice at all!
You probably didn't like Lawrence Welk, either. Or Andrea Bocelli. Or all the other musical greats.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »

I must share with all of you--I am listening to the most amazing bandleader.  His name is Edmundo Ros.
I think Doug R mentioned him before.  ;)
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

I must share with all of you--I am listening to the most amazing bandleader.  His name is Edmundo Ros.
I think Doug R mentioned him before.  ;)

I have a hazy recollection that I may have done so. I must check to see if I have any of his recordings.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »

I am back from the McGlinnventory. Geri  and I went through all of the books on music, opera, composers, programs, plays, and libretti, sorting them into "Sale" (and pricing them for a minimum bid), "NYPL" for programs and all the plays in foreign language, and "Trash." We did find some good libretti to pt up for sale, like "Sitting Pretty." the 1927 "Show Boat," the 1938 "Boys from Syracuse," "Music On The Air," "Pipe Dream" and others. The weirdest set is the 21 volumes of the complete plays of Carlo Goldoni in Italian!

Wow! Two more boys have claimed molestation by Jerry Sandusky today. Where is DR MBarnum? Coincidence? Probably.

I don't know how the paralegal will handle it. Every item will have a beginning bid. I've done my bit and I'm now assembling a mailing list of email addresses for anyone wanting to be a recipient of the lists.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:49:59 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »

Back from having drinks with friends at Canary Wharf. It's bitterly cold and I didn't fancy waiting for trains in draughty stations so I decided to drive there, even though it meant having to avoid drinking much.  

John G.

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »

I don't know how the paralegal will handle it. Every item will have a beginning bid. I've done my bit and I'm now assembling a mailing list of email addresses for anyone wanting to be a recipient of the lists.
You have my email. Please add me to the list.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 03:29:39 PM »

You have my email. Please add me to the list.

Done. I'm getting lots pf requests from the Cast Recording List. I wonder, though, how many are interested in actully buying something, curious about what was in John's library, or hoping that we'll be selling his full scores to KISS ME KATE, NO NO NANETTE, and other recordings.

Who's to know?

I am dressed to see COSI FAN TUTTE, Much as I love Mozart, this opera does nothing for me after the great act one trio
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:30 PM »

Who knows, Elmore, could be a fun production and everybody could use a smile or two.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »

I, however, need a nap.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

Unbelievably annoying day so far - actually it was fine until after the four-mile jog.  At two, I got into the motor car to find a deader than dead battery.  On a car that barely is two years old and has only 13,000 miles on it.  And, two weeks after it was serviced.  So, I called the auto club and they came out and replaced the battery.  I then called the service department at Infiniti and they agreed it was outrageous that the battery died.  I told them I had no time to come in and have them replace it (it's under warranty) because I was about to have serious troubles if I couldn't get to where I needed to get to immediately.  I said I fully expected to be reimbursed and they said they didn't imagine it would be a problem.  And now I'm an hour behind where I should be and have to shower and get over to the Gardenia.

KevinH

« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jane!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »

Happy Birthday,

to our DR Jane!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »

TOD:
Why do some DRs have big heads and some have small heads. It seems a bit discriminatory against us small heads. I don't necessarily want a big head (other than the one I'm told I have). I'm simply curious.

Nope.  I'm not going there.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

Unbelievably annoying day so far - actually it was fine until after the four-mile jog.  At two, I got into the motor car to find a deader than dead battery.  On a car that barely is two years old and has only 13,000 miles on it.  And, two weeks after it was serviced.  So, I called the auto club and they came out and replaced the battery.  I then called the service department at Infiniti and they agreed it was outrageous that the battery died.  I told them I had no time to come in and have them replace it (it's under warranty) because I was about to have serious troubles if I couldn't get to where I needed to get to immediately.  I said I fully expected to be reimbursed and they said they didn't imagine it would be a problem.  And now I'm an hour behind where I should be and have to shower and get over to the Gardenia.

Reimbursement vibes!!!  Hope tomorrow is a better day. 

Jane

« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jane!

Thank you DR KevinH. :)

Jane

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »

Happy Birthday,

to our DR Jane!

That brightened my already bright day.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »

Well in the why do they fix it if it ain't broke department, I spent several hours last night trying to deal with a fairly technical display issue regarding 1080i vs. 1080p and discovered this morning it was all because the gurus at Playstation "upgraded" their PS3 software to deinterlace interlaced presentations.  Oy and vey.

I have no idea what you just said.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »

Keith still has a flat tire on his car.  Craig didn't feel confident leaving the jack set up while he took the tire to be fixed & he couldn't get the screwy spare on the car.  The spare has to be filled with air before it can be used.  Somehow the front seat has a way to put air in the tire ???  They will deal with it in the morning.  He had planned to take his car to get the oil changed then.  The delay from the tire made us too late to go to Target.  :(

I did make it to Baskin Robbins before the dentist.  They kept it in their freezer for me while my teeth were cleaned.  No cavities, though a special e-ray was done.  I hope I receive good news on the results.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »

40,000.00 post ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2011, 04:53:41 PM »

Oh please, elmore, Jerry Sandusky is far too young for Mikey.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2011, 05:05:57 PM »

Keith still has a flat tire on his car.  Craig didn't feel confident leaving the jack set up while he took the tire to be fixed & he couldn't get the screwy spare on the car.  The spare has to be filled with air before it can be used.  Somehow the front seat has a way to put air in the tire ???  They will deal with it in the morning.  He had planned to take his car to get the oil changed then.  The delay from the tire made us too late to go to Target.  :(

I did make it to Baskin Robbins before the dentist.  They kept it in their freezer for me while my teeth were cleaned.  No cavities, though a special e-ray was done.  I hope I receive good news on the results.

The front seat can put air in a tire?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2011, 05:06:37 PM »

Is an e-ray something new?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »

Beats me since we haven't tried it.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »

Is an e-ray something new?

I think Keith needs to attempt this & see how one really fills the tire.  At the moment he is somewhat frustrated.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2011, 05:19:42 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jane on her 40,000 milestone - on her birthday!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »

Thanks George.  It is good I decided not to follow that with another post. ;)

I'm off to town to see the holiday lights & pick up Japanese food for dinner.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up